A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ashok Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ashok Patel is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Patel
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Patel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ashok Patel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai.
Dr. Patel has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Saint Joseph Hospital, Resurrection Hlth Cr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ashok R Patel MD is a male Internist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Ashok R. Patel practice?
- Dr. Ashok Patel has 1 office location.
Dr. Ashok Patel practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Internists, Chicago Hematologists, and Chicago Oncologists.