Dr. Ashok Salvi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

December 9th, 2015
Go ANYWHERE else rather than Dr. Salvi
Dr. Salvi doesn't even deserve 1 star!!! I can honestly say, this is one of the worst doctor visits I've ever had...anywhere! Dr. Salvi's professionalism is NON-existent. He doesn't listen to you, his notes skill are far below par since he goes on "recall" when you try to refill your prescription, and if his "recollection" doesn't meet his criteria, then everything is put on hold, until you call back to find out why it takes more than 5 day to get a refill, and that's when they ask you your medical history again. I thought that is what the patient notes are for which are stored on their computer system. The office never answers the phone, you have to wait more than 24 hours to get a call back, and when you do get a call back, you have to re-provide all of you medical history to whomever is calling you,to then hear them say, we have to look into this further, and someone will call you back within 24 hours. It feels like I'm in a hamster wheel and can't get out every time I deal with this office. The other "awesome" feeling you get, is that you're looked at and treated like you're a "junkie" since you are subject to urine tests (in which you're followed to the restroom by a nurse who stands outside the bathroom door and you have to show the nurse your urine specimen before you can put it in the little silver door for testing) and random pill counts. That's NOT professional, nor is it comforting to know that you're treated like you're abusing the prescriptions regardless of how long you've been taking the medication. It's a complete mess there!!! Go somewhere else...anywhere else!!

November 17th, 2015
Worst doctor EVER
I 100% agree with the other 2 reviews. I have been to a lot of specialist and different doctors and he by far has the worst bedside manner ever. He shh'd me when I wanted to ask a question and then when it became time for me to ask my questions (apparently I didn't wait my turn) he could care less and didn't address any of my concerns. He didn't give me any options, just what he was going to do and that was that, no point in questioning it. I didn't know someone's name, and he told me "you are an adult, you should know that". He felt the need to lecture me over helping. I left that office feeling defeated and cried the whole way home. When you are in pain and seek help the last thing you need is someone acting like that. He is an adult, he needs to grow up. Not that it matters, but instead of wearing a doctor's coat like the other doctors in the office, he wore a shiny buttoned up shirt with dress pants and I noticed bling, lots of rings. He comes off as a man who is extremely prideful and likes people to think he has money... he needs a lesson in humility.

February 18th, 2010
Does not care if you're young, like me.
I saw Dr. Salvi because I have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (you can wiki this), and pain management is a route I would rather take or else I face surgery. I have had 3 injuries to my left shoulder that caused this. Anyway, I have exhausted every avenue, and went to see him. He looked my chart over and told me that I "need to get up and do more" and that there was nothing he could do. He's PAIN MANAGEMENT for Pete's sake! He never once even looked me in the eye. This was all AFTER they took my 50 dollar co-pay. My blood pressure was also 155/101 due to the pain this leaves me in. But he could do nothing? This man should not even be a doctor!

July 27th, 2008
Lousy bedside manner
I only saw this doctor for a few appts before I quickly switched to another (excellent) pain management doctor. Rude and unprofessional, he does not belong in the pain management field. The staff was great though.