Dr. Ashok Verma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 22nd, 2016
Patient
My MD did said I had indigestion sent me home. I became worse went to walk in clinic they sent me to Dr Verma. I had the Widow Maker blockage. He saved my life. Because for Dr Verma I am here enjoying my family.

April 12th, 2013
Conflicting Interpretations of Test Results
During the follow-up appointment to my EKG and nuclear stress test, Dr. Verma said I had a couple of murmurs that were no problem and I was good to go. When I inquired about ongoing intermittent chest discomfort, he said he didn't know but it wasn't my heart. Subsequently, his office called me three times. I was out of town, and when I returned the calls a week later, no one in the office knew why I had been called. I called two more times and was given the same message and my call was never followed up on. Six weeks later, I received Dr. Verma's report which contained assessments and treatments we had never discussed. I made an appointment to find out what was going on. Dr. Verma said he had treated two similar cases that day and when he looked at his notes at the end of the day he realized he had not told me everything and that is why his office had called me. He could not explain why his office had never followed up on my return calls. He made a big deal out of my chest discomfort. I may need surgery (not cardiological) and first Dr. Verma said surgery would be okay and then he said it would not be, pending further testing. I am taking my test results to another cardiologist for a second opinion and will not go back to Dr. Verma.