Allergists, Pediatrician

3116 N Elizabeth
Pueblo, CO 81008
719-542-7222
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by Angelina on Jun 12th, 2014

My experience at Dr Patel is excellent, prompt, fast. I have recommended several people. Excellent service

|  Thank You!  |  show details
by Natasha Mizokami on May 13th, 2014

I highly recommend Academy Allergy Asthma and Sinus Center! Dr. Patel and his staff make you feel at home. I have suffered from severe allergies my entire life and finally found relief after visiting Dr. Patel. I have never met a Dr. who truly cares and spends time getting to know his patients one on one, most doctors I've encountered spend less then five minutes with you or just have their nurse practitioners evaluate you.

|  Assam  |  show details
by Jeremy Duran on Mar 18th, 2014

Dr. Patel is Amazing!!!!! My doctor said there was nothing wrong with me but when I went to doctor petal they ran a hole bunch of tests.that same day he said I had Asma. Again like I said dr. Petal is amazing!!! I prefer dr. Petal to any one!!

|  Hayfever  |  show details
by Gerald N. on Jun 11th, 2013

Very effective treatment of hayfever; sneezing has completely disappeared.

by veena maestas on May 1st, 2013

Im am very happy with everything.

by Dana Powell on Apr 30th, 2013

Dr Patel will not continue treatment from another certified allergist and insists on retesting even though my former allergist isn't all that far away. This is causing unnecessary delays and expense for my allergies. I am looking for a different allergist who isn't so narrow minded and rigide.

by Brett G. on Apr 12th, 2013

When I first saw Dr. Patel, I was only getting 38% oxygen into my lungs. After my first visit and receiving treatment, I was considerably better that evening. Every visit since, my breathing has improved and now my oxygen level is 110%. Things I appreciated from Dr. Patel was his staff and their professionalism and caring. I would strongly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone with breathing difficulties.

by Melanie on Apr 12th, 2013

Dr. Patel & Dr. Lundberg are great doctors and have treated my allergies well. And trust me I have a lot of allergies! :)

|  My first visit.  |  show details
by Davis, Paul J. on Mar 31st, 2013

Nice man, very well qualified and has a great since of humor. I felt better after my first visit (upper pulmonary problem) Great staff, made you fell at home and very qualified. I was impressed when Dr. Patel gave me book to look over, while he reviewed my case, it was a book about his background, I found most interesting and reassuring

|  Concerned for my health  |  show details
by James C on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Patel has been my asthma doctor for many years. This time I had a very bad cough that would not go away. After seeing my medical doctor she suggested to see my asthma doctor. When I went to Dr. Patel they found that I had pneumonia. The doctors and staff were very concerned about my health and helped me through my sickness. I am very thankful to Dr. Walsh, Dr. Lundberg and Dr. Patel and staff.

by Peggy on Mar 4th, 2013

Dr. Patel and his staff are very caring. They make you feel like you are the only patient they have to see that day. Dr. Patel assessed my concerns about my allergy and before I left I knew exactly what I needed to avoid to prevent future outbreaks.

by Vera C on Feb 26th, 2013

Dr. Patel has been my allergy and asthma specialist for many years. Each and every time that I see Dr. Patel, I feel that my problem is receiving his undivided attention. I really appreciate that he gets to the source of the problem and does not just treat the symptoms.

Jan 29th, 2013

I appreciated being able to have an appointment within less that a week after my primary nurse practitioner called. That was amazing! The staff made sure to inform me of what was to be expected during the visit. Dr. Patel was very friendly and appeared very knowledgable. I felt that I was cared for appropriately with the allergy testing and medication for my rash. Thank you for the excellent service!

|  FYI from a long term patient  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

The MA got me into a room quickly but the doctor took forever after that. I was in the room for almost an hour before he came in. This surprised me since there were very few people in the waiting room when I arrived. It made me wonder what he had been up to that whole time.I wasn't suspicious as first but I have spoken to several others who have gone to him and it seems that almost everyone who is visits Dr. Patel is "diagnosed" with asthma whether or not they actually have it.He wants me back more frequently than I feel I need to be seen. He holds prescription refills over my head as a way to get me back every month. I also feel that he gives me treatments that I probably don't need but am billled highly for

Sep 26th, 2012

My daughter was seen and her seasonal allergies were taken care of. Dr. Patel and staff are very knowledgeable of all the aspects of her allergies. Thank you Doctor Patel and staff.

|  Dr. Patel is a crook.  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

Dr. Patel is clearly into making money and not helping people. How many doctors do you know have a website with video testimonials? None. It is a business and nothing else. He put me through a lot of unnecessary procedures and gave me a diagnosis of asthma which my PCP states that I clearly do not have. Now I have this diagnosis on my health history and will likely have a difficult time getting health insurance because of it. I am off of all of the medicines that he prescribed me and feel just as good if not better.

|  Great Doctor Wonderful Human Being  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

I have been going to see Dr. Patel since 1988 when he first came to Pueblo. I had been to other allergist in Pueblo and felt like a cow going through cattle shoot. Dr Patel was and is different he is very compassionate, kind, and easy to talk to. He takes as much time as you need to feel comfortable. He is extremely smart and keeps up with the latest medical information. He will tell me to do things that will hit the news a couple months later. I trust him more than any of my other doctors and believe I have a few. He is my point guard and always has my blindside. What more can you ask for in a doctor.His staff is a mixed bag. I think he wants to help people so badly that he hires people that maybe other doctors would take a pass on. Currently his staff is very good. I think he has been working on this as. Over the past year I can honestly say I am treated in a friendly manner but I can also say I am treated as a friend by most of the staff. Wonderful person, wonderful doctor, wonderful human being.

Jul 18th, 2012

Horrible unorganized office with HIPAA violations everywhere. Staff is not knowledgeable about confidentiality nor are they caring about quality care. Personal observation was that follow up appointments are not always necessary but will make them money.

Nov 23rd, 2011

I felt that Patel and his staff are very considerate and helpful. If he does not know the cause for an allergic reaction, he will work hard to find it. I found him very helpful and compassionate in my time of need. I am still his patient.

Nov 15th, 2011

Dr. Patel has saved my life not once, but twice. My primary care physician blew be off until I had full blown pneumonia. Dr. Patel treated me aggressively which helped me avoid a hospital stay. His thoroughness with lab work also help diagnose a liver tumor that my primary care physician also missed. He has kept my asthma under control for 2 years.

|  BEWARE  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

Good doctor horrible person. I found out about this website because he was actually asking patients to fill out a good comment on this site for his office. He then gave them a medication sample? He is out to make money not heal the sick. He was very rude. His staff was very unprofessional and unknowledable. Would not recommend this office to my worst enemy.

Aug 2nd, 2011

Dr. Patel seems like a nice guy, but he cares more about making money than helping patients. Follow up phone calls after an appointment are simply a way to get you back in the office, not because they care about how youre doing or because they want to be helpful and answer questions you may have. After two visits I wont be going back.

Jul 21st, 2011

I will definitely be back!

|  Enjoy going to the Doctor  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

My daughter is 15 years old and developed asthma while competing in track. It was very scary to see my child go through this, but Dr. Patel worked so hard to make sure we got her asthma under control so she could continue to compete in track and keep her asthma under control. Every time we go to see Dr. Patel's office we leave saying," They are so nice!" Not only that, he has called us personally to see how she is doing and his staff calls regularly to see how she is doing or if we need anything.My daughter is now competing in Cross Country and is doing great! We want to thank Dr. Patel and everyone in his office for taking such great care of us!

|  Very caring and compasionate  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

Dr. Patel has been my doctor for approxiamtely 1 1/2 years. He treats me for several medical conditions, including allergies, asthma, COPD and most recently common variable immunodeficiency. Dr. Patel and his staff are very competant and caring and they go the extra mile in seeing to my medical conditions. I highly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone suffering from allergies, ashtma, common variable immunodeficiency.

Apr 6th, 2011

We have had a great experience with Dr. Patel. He seems to be very concerned with our baby and wants her to get better. She has had extremely bad ezcema and we couldn't control it any longer. Since seeing him she has not had a break out since.

|  Taking the pain out of office visits  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

It sounds weird but i totally enjoyed the time that I have spent in your office. Everybody, from the doctor to the nurses to the office staff, were excellent in everything that I experienced in my time there. I would totally recommend to anybody that if they have any kind of allergy problems to not waste another second waiting to make an appointment. My problems were promptly corrected and I can now breathe better than I have been able to in years. I appreciate everything they have done for me.

Feb 28th, 2011

My son has asthma and has been a pateint of Dr.Patel's for 11 year's. Words cannot express how grateful we are to Dr. Patel and his staff. Dr.Patel is very knowledgeable an caring person. His staff is kind and courteous. He is the only doctor I just for the care of my son's asthma. Thank you, Robyn Schrock

Dec 3rd, 2010

The office staff is more than excellent. I have been suffering with allergies for over 30 years. The minute Doctor Patel entered the exam room I knew everything would be OK. He answered my questions, was kind, gentle and understanding.

|  Great allergist  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr Patel is a wonderful human being. He is caring and very knowledgeable. He has always been encouraging and thorough. He is very accessible, non-judgmental, and a peaceful spirit. His office staff leaves a bit to be desired but I suspect Dr. Patel has a willingness to give everyone a chance including his office staff. They seem robotic in their patient interest and in taking clinical notes. Dr. Patel makes up for any of their shortcomings.

|  retired  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2010

excellent care and healthier than ever been i,

|  Incredible service!!  |  show details
by Gary Sears on Jun 1st, 2010

I have been to many different kinds of doctors and never have I felt more comfortable in an office as I did when I had my first appointment with Dr. Patel. His nurse does a lot of speaking for him but I feel that has more to do with his accent than anything else and does not bother me in any way. Everytime I am there the staff are very nice and prompt, no one asks me why I am there or gets me confused with other patients which I have experienced at other offices. I recommend this office to everyone and will continue to do so if not only for the professionalism but for the friendlyness of everyone in the office.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by J. Radcliff on Apr 19th, 2010

Dr. Patel prescribed the proper medicationsto relieve the symptoms and discomfortof my problems. I thank you for the friendly care.

by Krista on Apr 16th, 2010

Dr. Patel really cares about his patients. He even personally calls me to see how I am feeling. I wish all drs cared as much as he does!

by Linda Alig on Jan 23rd, 2010

Always concerned with my overall health..lets me ask questions and answers them fully...getting an appointment has never been a problem..usually within a day or so. Staff is awesome!

|  Very nice person and doctor  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2010

Dr. Patel is very easy to talk to, and he in turn makes me feel like a person and I am treated with kindness and respect.

by Kathy Nelson on Jan 14th, 2010

Dr. Patel really cares about the issues with the patient and importantly what the patient hopes to accomplish with treatment. His staff works as a team for all aspects of patient care. The visit flows well with great cooperation and coordination. We originally saw him because my 8 year old had food issues and he addressed all of her other allergy and breathing problems. He really wants to treat the whole patient. He then helped me with my allergy and asthma issues. I just wish I would have come to see him and his staff sooner.

|  Great Care  |  show details
by Nina Williams on Oct 8th, 2009

Dr. Patel is so very thorough and caring. So many physicians blow off concerns, or quickly diagnose. Dr. patel listens well to all issues presented, and treats accordingly. He is very attentive and genuinely concerned about his patients' well-being.

Oct 3rd, 2009

This is the first time I have gone to any Doctor that really cares how I feel and wants me to feel better

Sep 9th, 2009

I waited forever in the office then be seen for 3 minutes. The nurse does everything even speak for the doctor. Then I had to wait again to leave. I was asked over and over if I had any questions. NO, if I would have had questions I would have asked or I will call and ask later.

|  Dr.Ashok Patel  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2008

was great with my daughter and very caring and got down to business in helping her find out what her problem was. Did A great job!!