Dr. Ashraf Affan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 18th, 2016
Dangerous practice.
Over vaccinated our small son. Almost caused a triple vaccine. That is dangerous for certain children. Did not keep accurate medicall records. Forcing me to find the paper they give at the appointment. Luckily I saved them to show the mistakes. Also does not handle billing issues in a timely manner. To much miscommunication with this establishment. Be ware parents.

August 13th, 2015
Run the other direction!
We took our daughter there for her 12 month check up. The doctor did all the normal things... weighed her, measured her, took samples, etc. Since she had a cough at the time, he didn't want to give her her vaccines, however. This would have been fine except he proceeded to warn me about how underweight she was and the danger that posed for her development, despite my repeated assurance that her mom is a very petite woman and our previous pediatrician said she was normal for a Latina baby. He wanted us to come back in a few weeks for her vaccines, but I wasn't about to go back there after he clearly had no interest in listening to his patients and was irresponsible enough to try to scare a couple of first-time parents about their baby's development. We found another pediatrician (who also said she was developing normally for her age and race) shortly after that. Six months later, however, we received a bill from Angel Kids for the well-baby visit. After several weeks of playing phone tag with their billing department, forget about trying to resolve any issues that way as there is only one person in the department and she is never at her desk. I finally insisted on speaking to the office manager after speaking to the receptionist about not being able to speak with billing. Her initial solution, however, was to transfer me back to billing but I refused. The office manager was rude and condescending. She insisted that because our daughter was "sick" during the well visit, it couldn't be coded as such. At no time during the visit was this discussed and it didn't stop the daughter from running all his tests and measurements, but she didn't care. Angel Kids clearly doesn't care about its patients (or their parents) and looks for every way possible to scam more money out of them. Save yourselves the headache and follow our lead by taking your kids elsewhere!

December 15th, 2013
Mother
Horrible place to take your kids. They don't care about their well being only about making money. Don't waste your time going here.

August 24th, 2012
BEWARE!
I completely agree with another commenter about their practice of insurance fraud. I also agree with their patient overload. It is scary when your appointment with the actual doctor lasts less than 2 minutes and when they rush out to see the next number in line, you have to ask the nurse for Dr. Affan to please come back and complete their exam with your child. They have scheduled us to come in for appointments only to find out after we arrived that we need to come back at another date. A courtesy call would have been much appreciated in these situations. Also, when they were fully aware of my daughter's anxiety of getting her 4 year shots, they allowed us to wait in the exam room for well over an hour and once again, there was no courtesy drop in from anybody to advise they were running behind schedule. This was completely insensitive. Ironically, this was one of the appointments we were asked to reschedule due to their scheduling incompetencies hence the anxiety. Issues are all over the place when it comes to their billing practices. We have made a formal complaint to our insurance company to cease their harassment on bills that were paid on time. It's nearly a year later and they are still attempting to double collect. Please beware of the headaches you may have to endure if they don't implement a business policy soon that takes a patient's time into consideration and they need to stop the insurance fraud. Unfortunately, their priorities are about maxing out their patient load and practicing unethical billing policies. Their priorities should be on the children's wellness foremost and and running a smooth operation from scheduling to billing to bedside manner. This would greatly help them retain their patients and encourage new ones to join.

September 23rd, 2010
Best Doctor Ever!
My son was one of Dr.Affans first patience. He was born early at 24 weeks and was 1 lb 6 oz. He discover that he had a kidney condition at age 2 and probably saved his life. He always takes time for both my children and I will be with this practice hopefully with my grandchildren one day. All of the staff is great and they take the time to get to know all of the kids that they care for. If your thinking about picking a doctor, make sure you pick one you can really count on and that trusts your instincts as a parent.