Psychiatrist, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist

2.5

Money hungry dope dealer show details Money hungry dope dealer
by Kathy on Jun 13th, 2015

I had been seeing Dr Mikhail for a couple years. The time came when I thought he should start to wean me off some of the multiple medications. He advised me that I needed to stay on them longer and if I stopped now we would have to start from the beginning again. I took it upon myself to make out a 3 month schedule to wean myself off everything. By the time I was finished I felt so much better. I could finally think clearly and wasn't falling asleep while eating with a bite of food in my mouth. Even though I stopped the medication I continued to see my therapist. About a year after stopping all the meds I found that my mood was still in a depressed state. I had many things going on in my life that was causing serious anxiety. I was telling my therapist about all this and she had told me that the docs office was closed but he would be available to prescribe 2 of my previous meds for depression n anxiety at the crisis center beside the hospital. I drove there and was instructed that I needed to fill out a questionnaire even though I told the nurse I only needed to see my previous doc to prescribe my meds to me. At the conclusion of the questionnaire she informed r that the doctor wasn't there even though my therapist had called beforehand to see if he would b available. The next thing I knew I was being transported to Brynn Marr Behavioral Hospital. I called my husband to meet me there. Upon arriving we spoke with an intake specialist. I told him I did not want to stay there but he told me he would have a court order there within the next 30 minutes n I wouldn't b able to leave. I remember there was one of those round black video coverage cameras in the corner of the ceiling. So the intake guy left the office but he had an officer stay in the room with us. When he returned he said the order was on its way n told my husband what the rules were about visitation n dress code. Then he told my hisband he needed to leave then. I knew they weren't allowed to keep me there without a court order in hand but they lied to my husband n he left. I proceeded to struggle with the officer n intake worker while they were trying to take me to a room where they do a body check. After that embarrassment I was stuck in a room with a odd lady who stood at the end of the bed I was sitting in and just stood there and stared at me. I cried all night long. After I was initially told that they would b able to give me my opiate pain medications for some very chronic painful areas in my spine when I asked the nurse for my nightly dosage of night time meds she informed me they weren't allowed to give me the meds I had been on thru my pain management doc for the last year. From not having the pain meds my pain level got to the point that I would vomit because it wasn't controlled. I could have started having seizures from immediately stopping taking them just like they did. Since I had no pain relief at all while I was there for a week I couldn't eat because of the vomiting. I was having anxiety attacks. I couldn't sleep at night from the pain. I was going through withdrawals and they didn't care in the least bit. Two woman befriended me and requested if I could b moved to their room which the staff allowed. Dr Mikhail and his associate started me on the very medication I had came to him looking to b put back on before he told them to admit me there. If it hadn't been for those two kind ladies I would b in a complete nightmare. Now the nurse who was there when they admitted me, she witnessed the officer n the intake worker fight me down to the floor with their full weight on top of me while I was having a severe anxiety attack. She was also the nurse who had to do the body search and take things I had on me which weren't allowed. She also took me to my first room and was my nurse for the rest of the night trying to console my crying. This sweet nurse eventually told me that they never did get a court order to keep me there. She told me I needed to write out a grievance paper n turn it into the hospital staff. I did so and the next day I received a visit from the facilities attorney. He advised me to write out another letter demanding to release me. During this whole week which just so happened to b Christmas my husband was on the outside doing what he could to get me released. He wrote a letter to the administrator stating our attorney would b contacting him about my release. Within 15 minutes of my husband doing that the staff came to the room to get me so I could leave. The help of the one nurse was invaluable to me. I was later told by the hospitals attorney on the down n low that this particular nurse just so happened to contact the owner of the facility and filled him in on my whole story. I'll b forever grateful to her. I know this whole week of torment and pain was due to money hungry thieves. If they know you have insurance it's a sure thing you'll end up being committed against your will. It's a sad way to mess with a person who was only looking to have her doctor put her back on the Cymbalta I was previously taking and then committ me to the terrors of this facility for a week. There r no words of apology from that facility that could possibly make me feel better over the craziness of what took place that week. I had a week of my life taken away from me that week and I'll never b able to forget how I was treated while being there. My only hope is that someone might read this review n after reading it decide they DO NOT want to go to this doctor or his African American associate that works at the facility as well. Save yourself your sanity.

Pscyhiatric doctor that deserves to have license permanantly revoked. show details Pscyhiatric doctor that deserves to have license permanantly revoked.
by john carmella on Jun 11th, 2015

Commits people for no reason except scamming them for money. Incorrectly diagnoses patinents after the first and only five seconds of probing them. Prescribes the opposite medicines to their diagnosis. Mikhail G Ashraf came to america only intent on ruining american lives with psychiatric scams.

from Cairo Egypt full of camel shxt show details from Cairo Egypt full of camel shxt
by Charles Manson on Apr 13th, 2015

From Cairo Egypt full of camel shxt. Only compassionate about money. Seems to be able to only wrongly diagnose. Loves over dosing patients to the point of coma. Commits patients to his hospitals for no reason at all only scamming them for as much money possible. Ruining people's lives. Decorates his offices with give away trash from pharmaceutical companies. Should have license revoked for malpractice. This man is a complete joke in every way possible. Mikhail g. Ashraf is going to burn in hxll

axxhole. loves his sandboxes show details axxhole. loves his sandboxes
by Amy j coxes on Mar 17th, 2015

Ashraf is a freaky idiot . staff at his hospitals are trash brained idiots. Ashraf loves prescribing shxt medications.

DO NOT GO HERE!! show details DO NOT GO HERE!!
Sep 19th, 2014

The reviews are true!! He loads patients up with multiple medicines with less than 5 mins of talking to them. My friend is addicted to multiple meds now and is contemplating rehab to detox. I went there myself and literally told him what meds I would like to try (even though the med I asked for something was for a condition I absolutely did not have). And he gave it to me in less than 2mins of talking to him. He didn't even ask me why I thought I should take it or anything. His license should be revoked. He is harming people!!

stay away from him show details stay away from him
Apr 21st, 2014

Many years ago as a "fellow" at DHMC in Hanoer, Dr. Mikhail diagnosed my 8 year old as psychotic based on a 5 minute evaluation in which he backed my son into a corner (literally) and asked if he was hearing voices. He immediately wanted to hospitalize him at a hospital that was for adults 15 hrs away from my home. He proudly proclaimed that he had diagnosed hundreds of psychotic children in an early position in NYC. I refused to comply with the medication or judgement of this quack. A second evaluation two days after by an experienced psychiatrist was that my son is clearly not psychotic. I regret to see that this man still practices medicine, and judging by the comments, is still providing serious diagnoses based on a 5-minute evaluation. Stay away from him. He doesn't deserve any stars whatsoever.

by Kennedy on Jan 5th, 2014

He listens!!!

The Best of the Best...Dr. Mikhail show details The Best of the Best...Dr. Mikhail
Dec 11th, 2013

Thank you Dr. Mikhail for being the consummate professional. Not only is Dr.M extremely intelligent and well educated but his naturally ability to bond with children is uncanny. He may have a very large office but he has chosen to have only the best staff to accompany him on his apparent mission to improve the mental health and in turn the quality of life of those in the community. He makes it very obvious that he genuinely cares for his patients and families making himself available far more than anyone Dr. should. He has saved my family from many a tragedy, from a teen being on the edge of suicide, to a husband and father struggling with addiction to the depths of despair of Narcolepsy. Dr. Mikhail and his staff have been a gift from God to our family and you can trust they can be to yours as well....thank you Dr.M and CCNC!!!

This man has so much coming his way and I hope he's ready. show details This man has so much coming his way and I hope he's ready.
by another victim on Mar 17th, 2013

I can only hope that his license will be revoked as soon as possible because he is destroying innocent patients lives by diagnosing pretty much everyone with bipolar with a 4 year old kid. He seems like a nice caring psychiatrist at first but you know when it's not right when he spends only 3 min to talk to you and the next thing you know he loads you up with a lot of medicines. Not only that but I was even given Trileptal which is for epilepsy when I don't even have one. I was lucky enough to have a right common sense and I switch a psychiatrist. I was with Mikhail for months just to be on meds that are not even right for my symptoms and to come off of it was a nightmare. When I went see a new psychiatrist and psychologist, that's where I learned about his infamous actions that's been destroying patient lives. Really, I was infuriated enough about what he's done to me but he's been doing this to so many other people and kids... I heard investigation has been called and now they are looking for evidence and all and I am not sure if they will be able to get his license revoked but I pray it will happen one day so that innocent kids don't have to go through h*** for nothing. It's really messed up when someone with such power takes advantage of mentally challenged people and try to make money out of it. Really the lowest thing you can do. I hope someone reads my review and do a little research not just online but locally ask people around and decide it for her/himself.

Jul 8th, 2011

meat market office

Drive througj Psychiatry show details Drive througj Psychiatry
Mar 29th, 2011

It is bad when a physician is known as a drive through. In and out, dyagnosed and meds with spending less than 20 minutes with a person.

Mar 10th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Mikhail for several years. He said I am Bipolar, depressed, OCD, ADHD, and high anxiety. I was put on Lithium (which your doc is suppose to have your Lithium levels checked a lot when on it to keep from getting toxic) and I had only 3 Lithium level check in several years. 2 were because I felt toxic on it and I was. Also Lamictal, Abilify, Seroquel, Effexor, sleeping meds, Xanax, and many others I can't even think of right now. He use to be great and listen and now he's got a big head. If you take Lithium, get your levels checked a lot, being toxic on it is an awful feeling.

Patient of 7 years show details Patient of 7 years
Nov 16th, 2010

I began seeing Dr. Mikhail when he opened his new practice and I was caring for foster children. I was unhappy with the care they were receiving in other practices in town. I found that Dr. Mikhail was patient to sit and listen to the children and work with them and me and discover what the true problem was. It took several months of theory with the drugs but we did get the right mixture going for the kids and it worked wonders for them. Dr. Mikhail has always been there whenever I needed here to help resolve what ever the issue large or small. Our family owes him a great gratitude of debt :). Thanks Dr. M :)

Exceptional Profesional show details Exceptional Profesional
by mcmignoli on Sep 16th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Mikhail by my daughter who works with Dr Mikhail, however; not in a medical capacity but, in a profesional capacity.Dr. Patel originally refereded me. When my daughter relalized whom Dr. Patel refered my she was delighted.My encounter with both the doctor and office staff was a refreshing surprise!Indeed, I was treated respectfully by all.Being originally from NYC, my opinion could not be better. I was treated as a human being, not just, "next".

Jun 17th, 2010

he is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should have his licensed revoked

May 14th, 2010

lo

Doctor Deat h show details Doctor Deat h
by Formerly Over Medicated and Doing Fine Now (no thanks to him) on Apr 21st, 2010

This doctor is renowned for over-medicating his patients to the point of overdose, as are several other doctors in his practice. I was seen by one doctor in his practice and wound up in the Emergency Room, went to him to let him know what happened, and he prescribed me new medications. Two days later, I followed up with my Primary Care Physician and was warned never to see him again because of the same things I stated above, only to later have my new psychiatrist agree with what she said. PLEASE be careful with medications and don't just pump your body full of them because "the doctor said so". Read all the information that comes with your meds before you do...I know that, had I not when had been over medicated, I would not have made it through that night. P.S. My apologies for the wall of warning but if it helps even one person, it's better than helping none at all.

He is a quacker show details He is a quacker
Jan 29th, 2010

Mikhail is in it for the money!!!! Do not trust him, do not take anoyone you love to him

Dr. A. Mikhail show details Dr. A. Mikhail
by KS, WS on Sep 7th, 2009

I feel like he has listened to the problems and issues that our family is dealing with. I believe he is the first doctor to get my daughter's diagnosis right. He seems to geuinely care about us as a family and my daughter as an individual. I absolutely reccommend seeing Dr. Ashraf Mikhail and his staff for any problems you may have.

This guy is a QUACK!!!!!!! show details This guy is a QUACK!!!!!!!
by Robert Cascadden on Mar 30th, 2008

He admitted in his office(more like a bombed out ruin) that he had no clue about my wife's history, but was still prescribing meds to her. When I asked him how he could do that, he decided she needed someone else to look at her...the Hospital for "pharmacological management". That's fancy-speak for "oops, I need to CMA, and get this woman off the poisons I've been doling out for years". His office areas are decorated 100% with the free crap he gets from drug companies. If this wasn't all true, I couldn't make it up.