Dr. Ashraf Syed MD Patient Reviews

2.9

July 14th, 2016
Just found out yesterday that my son was misdiagnosed by Dr. Syed when he was 12 years old as having ADD and mild mental retardation. Thank god I stopped giving him the medicine prescribed by this doctor. If you are a patient of his, please get a second opinion.

August 18th, 2015
Horrible A** Man
This man (not doctor ) had the nerve to curse at my 4yr.old Whomever gave this man a lisence should've checked him for an illness as well cause there hasn't been 1 doctor my children and I have visited use that language. He needs to get himself checked out before he tells someone else about a brain problem. He made an appt. For him to run test on my 1 yr. Old and he isn't going to make it. I don't trust people who can't do their JOB properly.

March 16th, 2015
This doctor prescribed my daughter imipramine and did not disclose the side effects. He told us we could take her off but never said she needed 2 be weened off. She is 9 years old and experiencing hallucinations, arm flapping, involuntary movement. He is rude and will not accept responsibility for his misdiagnosis.

February 10th, 2015
HORRIBLE experience! INSULTING doctor! Says you "need him"; he doesn't "need you"...he has "plenty money."

December 26th, 2014
Dr. Syed and his staff were kind, knowledgeable and helpful!

October 17th, 2013
I saw evil in this man!
I have never been more disgusted or offended by a 'doctor' in my life. He walked into the exam room and immediately yelled at my 4 year old son for having his feet on the exam table then proceeds to tell me I am not a good mother and my son doesn't love me because I do not punish him well enough (which is complete bull seeing as how I'm one of the few parents left who believe the 'spare the rod, spoil the child' morality). This man continues to yell at my son every time he moves, as if my 4 year old (who was diagnosed with ADHD btw) should be a robot who doesn't move or speak unless ordered to. He then asks my son to count and recite his alphabet for him, which he refuses to do simply because he is scared of this doctor, and the proceeds to call my son dumb and say he believes he has autism. After telling me he believes my son has autism he follows with, I'm going to give you a precription for you to try on him, he prescribes an ADHD medicine. Can you please explain to me how any person, in their right mind, would yell or give ADHD medicine to a 4 year old child who they think is autistic?! This man, aside from being completely evil, is an absolute medical moron! Please, do not ever take your child to him!

October 14th, 2013
Great Doctor
I went to this doctor quite a few times when I was sixteen. He didn't seem like a bad doctor. He explained thing to my mother and I clearly regarding my history of childhood seizures. He even ordered tests to make sure that I was ok. He wasn't really rude, but he did once called me spoiled after I claimed that the pills that he prescribed to me wasn't working. The days that I went to him. I didn't feel comfortable around him. He made me feel a little uncomfortable. When he pulled down the shoulder parts of my top down and looked down at my birth mark. Which was what I assumed he was looking at. I felt so uncomfortable after the doctor visit that day. I didn't come back or to my next appointment. He didn't abuse me or anything like that, I just didn't feel comfortable enough to be in the examining room with him anymore, even if my mother was present in the room. I'm not suggesting that someone not bring their child to him. He's a great doctor. Some people just can't take bad remarks from a doctor. The staff was friendly and so was the doctor.

April 4th, 2013
Very rude man, not sure how he is still practicing.

July 31st, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Syed was absolutely blunt with us about our child. He didn't sugar coat anything just for our benefit. He said he puts the patient first. NOT the parents. He will NOT tell you what you want to hear. He tells you what he thinks in his professional opinion to be true. I know some people personally that hate Dr. Syed. Why? Because he didn't diagnose their child with an illness and so they didn't qualify for disability benefits!! Also, I would like to say that Dr. Syed has never raised his hand against my child. He has yelled plenty. And guess what. My child really needed that!!!

February 6th, 2012
Terrible doctor
I have never encountered a doctor as rude as Syed. He spent most of our first appt. badgering me about a medical problem that we were aware of and have been treating for a long time that had NOTHING to do with why we were referred to him. He then told me family history should be discounted because the diseases were the result of mental problems (they are not!) and then made a diagnosis of my child without ever listening to her symptoms. When we went back for follow up visits he was never prepared and would ask me about test results. When I voiced concerns about symptoms he ignored he told me they were nothing. He at one point told my child she should just pray for peace and relief. Please don't waste your time and risk your child's health. It is well worth the trip to Birmingham.

December 17th, 2011
Run from Dr. Syed as fast as you can.
Syed Ashraf (I'm not even going to call him a doctor, he's not deserving of that title) is by far the most UNPROFESSIONAL doctor I've ever crossed paths with. My story isn't the only one, there's many other's that agree with me that have taken their children to him. He's rude and talks in a very demeaning matter to your child. Some children can't sit still due to seizures, adhd, etc. etc. but he doesn't seem to understand that and yells at the child and the parents for that. My sister in law also took her son to him and his staff had the audacity to slap him upside the head because he was crying and wouldn't lay still for the neurological exam. I will never take my son back to this uneducated man. He thinks very highly of himself because he's the only children's neurologist in Tuscaloosa but I can assure you, this man is not qualified to be anywhere near children. I would highly recommend driving those extra miles to Birmingham and seeing a pediatric neurologist that is a real professional and will give you and your child the guidance you're looking for.

September 12th, 2011
OVERALL A GREAT DOCTOR
MY 8 Y/O DAUGHTER HAS BEEN WITH DR SYED FOR OVER THREE YEARS NOW; AND I COULDN'T THINK OF A BETTER DOCTOR TO HAVE TAKEN HER TO. HE IS A VERY CARING,COURTEOUS,AND RESPECTFUL DR.HE HAS ALWAYS GIVEN ME GREAT ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE MY DAUGHTER BEING ADHD. HOWEVER HE DOESN'T SUGARCOAT ANYTHING. EVERYTHING IS BLACK OR WHITE WITH HIM. I THINK THAT IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT. SOME PEOPLE CAN'T ACCEPT CONSTRUCTIVE CRICTISM, HOWEVER THAT'S WHAT I PERFER AND THAT IS WHAT HE GIVES ME. I WOULDN'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY. THANKS DR SYED FOR BEING SUCH A AWESOME DOCTOR. AND YOUR STAFF ARE ALWAYS COURTEOUS WITH FULL OF SMILES!!!!