inactive

Ashwin V Deshmukh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 11th, 2016
Where do you get your information that he was fired pending 20 complaints? Do you work for the hospital? He did my shoulder surgery in Shanghai this year and I thought he was professional and thorough. As with ANY surgery one should get a second opinion which I did with an leading orthopedist in Europe who confirmed the same findings as Dr. Deshmukh. I have heard a lot of gossip and until I hear specifics I will say it's gossip.

August 18th, 2016
Fired from United Hospital in Shanghai due to incompetence
There are more than 20 cases in evaluation in the United Hospital in Shanghai due to the performance of unecesary surgeries. He has being fired from the hospital!!. Watch out this doctor is a fraud!! He was getting up to 20,000 USD per surgery!. Now he has left the hospital and will be looking to be settle down in another one, somewhere in the world!

May 25th, 2016
Doctor performing unnecesary surgeries!
Dr Ashwin, is currently working in China, precisely in the United Family Hospital. He performed a surgery, for which after the operation I was even worst. After making a deep analysis, I found that the MRI he made was not showing any damage, and he did the surgery leaving me in a worst condition. Being in the hospital, and seeing so much people using crutches, gives me the impression that this doctor is making surgeries when they are not needed. If you plan to make a surgery with him, watch out he is a FRAUD, double check with another specialist.

June 17th, 2015
Dr. Deshmukh saved my husband's life, by recognizing that what appeared to be a shoulder impingement (and was treated as such for over a year by other doctors) might be something far more serious. It turned out to be lymphoma,, which was able to be diagnosed through a biopsy while it was still at Stage 1. After superb treatment by Dr. Eroc McGary in Kaiser West L.A." oncology department, my husband is now totally cancer-free after 10 years.

May 18th, 2013
No more sports
He did my ACL surgery in 2005. He did not listen and did a micro fracture procedure even though I stated I had low bone density. He knows little about physical therapy and has horrible follow up. I discussed with him that another surgeon thought it was too soon to do my surgery because I didn't have full range of motion. He ignored this. He didn't order a PCM machine immediately after my surgery and by mistake my brace was locked by PT in the hospital. He waited to do a manipulation procedure several months despite writing pain scripts for me for over 5 months. This and my lack of progression with range and extension should have been addressed promptly and were not. They ignored my symptoms and caused arthrofibrosis! PT at Kaiser also practiced negligent charting as I have a witness and photos that I did all my exercises at home, went consistently for my 1.5 hr PT visits. In addition, I hired a trainer at the gym to just push my knee because it was so stiff and wouldn't move. I recently read my Kaiser medical notes that I had copied after my surgery and cannot believe that they blamed me! My JAS brace representative told me to sue this doctor because he never saw such a young patient with horrible progress. I kept falsely believing that Kaiser would help me and my knee would get better. I have never skied or ran since my surgery and have been so depressed with all the things I can no longer do, despite over a year of PT and an additional trainer. I now have difficulty even walking and couldn't even ride the bike at the gym this week. This doctor will force a sports enthusiast into a completely miserable, sedentary lifestyle and further do damage to your health. Before the surgery, my blood pressure was always perfect. Since the surgery it was systolic 200's and ignored. My GFR has declined. Kaiser now claims they don't have my records. Stay away from Dr. Ashwin Deshmukh and don't choose Kaiser. Kaiser is careless!

March 8th, 2013
This doctor saved my legs!
From the first moment he seemed like a very sound doctor. No vague promises and a very human doctor (wanting the best for his patient, even towards payment terms). I owe this man, big time!