Dr. Asif Ali MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2017
Saved my life
Please read this in its entirety. Although it’s long, it shows the kind of Cardiologist and man that Dr Ali is. In March 2014 I saw Dr Ali for an irregular heartbeat. He immediately performed Stress tests and ultrasounds and diagnosed me with PVC's, (not uncommon) - changed my BP meds and did what no other Dr ever had, convinced me to immediately stop smoking at age 56. In 2015 I moved to Bandera in the Texas Hill Country and changed cardiologists, for convenience, to a San Antonio Doc. This new Dr. was not bad, but he was no Dr Ali. After very minimal testing for 2 years in San Antonio, and being out of breathe with low energy and always sleepy, my Dr finally ordered a Calcium Level Score on my heart vessels which came back extremely high. After a day thinking about what best to do, I called Dr Ali who got me in to see him in 1 day from out of town. He examined me and my test results, got me in for a nuclear stress test within 12 hours, and had me in for results immediately in his office. No damage to the heart tissue was discovered, but he quickly arranged for a heart catheterization in The Texas Medical Center. As it turned out I had 70 - 80% blockage in the artery known as "the widow maker". A stent was inserted and before leaving the hospital the next day I felt like the old me, lots of energy and no shortness of breath. Then one day later on Sunday an allergy with rash and redness developed over my body from a new medication. It was Sunday but Dr Ali immediately responded, had me go to the Emergency Room, had allergy reaction shots given and had me come to his office Monday morning at 9 am for a full review. He changed my new blood thinner medicine and here I sit at 6:15 am on Tuesday, August 1, 2017 (just 3 days after the surgery) feeling great - I have not been up this early and feeling this good in over 2 years! Due to the immediate response of both Dr. Ali and his entire staff, I truly believe that he saved my life. Had the stent not been inserted, I was a ticking time bomb. Thank you Dr Ali and your staff. Mike Stiborik

August 1st, 2017
Great doctor with a caring attitude.
Dr Ali has been the first doctor to fix my chronic medical issues with a listening and caring attitude. His bed side manner is second to none. He explained everything to me and spent extra time to answer all my questions. Thank you Dr Ali!

June 7th, 2017
I can't say enough about Dr. Asif Ali. He has helped me get my blood pressure under control when I was struggling with two other doctors who were unable to get my blood pressure to a manageable level.

February 17th, 2017
I found Dr. Ali to be very confident in his knowledge. I was able to relax a little because of that. The staff was very professional.

August 27th, 2016
Dr. Ali is one of the top cardiologists in Houston
Dr. Ali is top notch and is by far, one of the best cardiologists in Houston. Dr. Ali is professional, accurate, efficient, helpful, and also has an above and beyond concern for the outcome, well being and health of his patients. For over 40 years, my father, Richard Holdren, has owned his own business as a Healthcare Consultant doing appraisals for top doctors all over the USA, entrepreneurial pursuits with NASA and investing in innovative medical technology. He has done thousands of appraisals of top doctors' practices all over the country and has been an expert witness in court for physicians for many years. Through his expert witnessing, he successfully saved world renowned heart surgeon Denton Cooley from bankruptcy. As someone who has connections with the best doctors all over the country, my father highly vouches for Dr. Ali. He is impressed with Dr. Ali's high level of professionalism, efficency, accuracy, and above and beyond personal concern for his patients. The bottom line, ultimately, is that Dr. Ali solves the problem at hand. And he does so in a way that is efficient, using prudent judgement and incredible attention to care and detail for the patient's outcome. His focus is on solving the true source of the patient's underlying problem, as well as the outcome of their heart health and overall well being. His professionalism, efficiency, and personal attention to detail also makes the patient feel highly cared for and well looked after as they are carefully and closely monitored through their healing process. Dr. Ali is fantastic. His staff is wonderful and caring too, giving detail to help the patient heal, especially nurses assistant Grace John. He is everything that you want in a cardiologist. Because he is a doctor who zeros in on the exact problem, organizes an efficient game plan and implements effective steps to solve it. At the same time, he makes you feel cared for and carefully attended to in every aspect. Dr. Ali and his staff truly are above and beyond fantastic.

August 1st, 2016
Excellent Doctor!

February 21st, 2015
Best doc
Excellent and caring doctor. Treated us like family.

July 3rd, 2012
Great Doctor
My daddy is 90 years old and had never been in the hospital in all of his life. He fought in WWII and served his country for 4 years. He had 2 blocked arteries and was not breathing well at all. There was not a doctor that wanted to operate on him because of his age. Dr. Ali went to bat for him and found a doctor in the medical center that would do this surgery. We are very grateful to Dr. Ali.

August 1st, 2017