Dr. Asif Ishaque MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 30th, 2015
He doesn't listen. He's more concerned with saving insurance companies' money than treating the patient. Poor bedside manner. He's always in a hurry. He's not willing to take time to explain information.

July 11th, 2015
Doesn't listen and very poor bedside manner
Upon going in for a follow-up check up for my dad, Dr. Ishaque did not address whatsoever the fact that my dad's feet were swollen to over twice their normal size. Secondly, my dad had been coughing up green and I mean deep green, not yellow, not milky, but GREEN, which indicated infection. He told me that the phlegm can be all colors. Mind you, we were there for a check-up following a stay in rehab for my dad. The doctor then told my dad he could no longer live at home, knowing I had 24 hour care for my dad in place. He suggested that I take him to the rehab facility that very day, and he would give me four days to look for a long-term residence for my dad. This was a total shock to me and my dad. My dad kept asking, "So I'm not going home? So I'm not going home?" The was an awful bedside manner to out-of- nowhere to spring this on my dad and myself. While the doctor did feel my dad needs 24 hour care, I had that in place for the time. He did not prepare us for what he was about to say, which was to take my dad directly to a facility. My dad is 86 years old and turned ashen. It shook him and quite frankly me up terribly. Mind you, again, he didn't address the very prominent medical conditions that were before my dad. Not one word about the edema in his legs, nor the fact that he was expectorating green. I truly felt that he was just implying that my dad's conditions (which he does have COPD and emphysema) were an imminent indicator of him dying soon. What's more, my in-laws see this doctor and I thought that even though he is geriatric, I am in my 50s that maybe we could go to the same doctor. I had been looking for another doctor, because my doctor of 20 some years had no longer been able to fit my needs and her staff had become very rude. I brought all of my meds with me (or so I thought), but I was tending to my dad in the hospital and also closing up my classroom as a teacher that day. In my haste, I forgot to bring my valium which I take for muscle jumps, for which I had been diagnosed benign fasciculation from the neurology department in Ann Arbor. He didn't even ask me to bring my meds, but i did. I only take the valium as needed for my muscle jumps and when he asked about my valium, I told him that I only take them as needed. He in turn said, "Well you fill the prescriptions." to which I answered, "Yes, I do. Why would I let prescriptions lapse and go to waste, because then I would just have to call the doctor to get a new prescription if I hadn't filled them." Secondly, in the process of finding a new doctor, I had visited one doctor for my physical the year before. I wasn't sure if she was the fit for me. She gee me my physical and also gave me ONE prescription of Xanax. I was pondering whether to change to this doctor, but ended up in the hospital with ulcers, thus my previous doctor was still my doctor of record. I didn't even think about sending her records over to him because I had seen her once and hadn't made up my mind. He told me that he would have never seen me again if I were the prior doctor that I had. He then closed his books and said that I can't help you. You haven't disclosed everything to me. I have never been so humiliated in my life. My dad's health was precarious at best. I was worried about him. I was closing my classroom for the school year and in haste forgot one prescription and he didn't even ASK me to bring my prescriptions. I did that willingly. I also didn't even think about sending the one doctor's records who I had only seen once. I had been with my other doctor for 20 plus years and I thought those records were sufficient. However, Dr. Ishaque closed the books and said I can't help you. My husband was with me, who is a well-respected lawyer. I am a well-respected teacher. I am the sole care-giver to my Dad. He treated me with pomposity, condescendence and arrogance. He treated my dad with no ounce of compassion or in my opinion ethics (by not addressing his medical issues occurring right before him). I don't know if he was accusing me of doctor shopping or what, but I had only ever seen ONE doctor, in the quest to find a new doctor, other than the one I had for so many years. His judgmental perceptions were not my reality. I left feeling humiliated and even more anxiety ridden than when I came in. I gave him access to all of my records. WHY would I come to see him when my in laws see him and my father is set up with him too. Now I can no longer take my dad to Dr. Ishaque. One, because he didn't seem to really listen to our medical concerns. He listened to his chest, didn't examine his feet and then just told him to go directly to a facility. Also, if this doctor showed a lack of trust in me, I couldn't see him anyway, because I am my dad's only child to do caregiving for him. It became a total matter of conflicting interests. I know that this is long, but I feel so strongly that this doctor does not really take the time to listen to what a client has to say. He was very quick to judge and very quick to let my dad go without even addressing medical concerns. He literally spent less than ten minutes with us before suggesting my dad go directly to a facility. I told him no, that I had 24 hour care already paid for. Maybe if things are going right, then this doctor may seem good, but I have never felt so strongly to give my opinion about a doctor than this. I would never, ever send a loved one to him, under any circumstances. I feel as if I needed to say all of this in order to potentially save others from the same sort of treatment or lack thereof. I am glad to say that I have found another doctor and I totally disclosed what had transpired between me and Dr. Ishaque. She felt that I was totally up front with her and she didn't even WANT my records from the doctor I had seen once. So I am happily with a new and caring doctor and am finding a new doctor for my dad.

July 6th, 2015
This DR IS TERRIBLE< SAVE YOURSELF STAY AWAY!
Stay away from this arrogant, unorganized, and uncaring doctor. Hope you NEVER get sick with this guy as he does not cope well with communication, kindness, promptness, or follow up during your illness.

August 15th, 2012
He used to be caring, but has gotten too busy to return calls or meet in the office.

January 5th, 2012
Great Doc,too busy
in some ways i feel like i lost my great Doc, see PA who is very good, but not really what i signed up for.I stay because i think he's who i would want if was seriously ill. It's probably the consequences of the growth of his practice but i liked it much better early on.

June 1st, 2011
Dr. Ishaque is caring and compassionate

February 18th, 2011
BOGUS BILLING 18 MONTHS LATER
Office call paid at time of visit, additional billing 18 months later. Doesn't review old records, reperscribes dangerous medicines,holds perscriptions ransom, chases high profit ailments.

July 14th, 2010
Great Docotor
Dr. Ishaque has been an awesome docotor for me. He diagnosed my problem and helped me immediately fix my problem.

May 2nd, 2009
Dr. Ishaque is excellent. He is very intelligent, kind and caring. He really listens and has wide knowledge on many issues. Some of the staff could be friendlier but that is not who I am there to see.