Grateful Patient show details Grateful Patient
by Maryellen M. on Jul 20th, 2015

I have had Basal Joint Reconstruction with tendon transplant and carpel tunnel release on both hands performed exquisitely by Dr. Ilyas! Without these surgeries I would not be able to hold my grandchildren or perform most ordinary, everyday tasks. I am very grateful for Dr. Ilyas' caring, gentle manner, and his sense of professionalism. He always makes sure I understand exactly my treatment options and what it takes to achieve the desired result. I attribute my excellent outcome to his skill and expertise. Also, his staff is incredible! Jennifer helped guide me through the process pre and post op and listens to me when I just need to talk it out (Thanks, Jen.)! The Rothman Institute should be proud of Dr. Ilyas and his team! They have my highest praise and recommendation.

Jul 20th, 2015

Dr. Ilyas is very professional, caring Doctor and surgeon ,concerned about his patients ,staff is very thoughtful too

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
by Laurie & Gary P. on Jul 11th, 2015

Excellent doctor who wants to find the source of your problem and fix it to improve you quality of life! I had extensive thumb surgery and couldn't be more happier with the results, no pain! He is so nice and definitely knows his specialty! I have no hesitation in recommending him. Both my husband and I are nurses and he took care of both of us after a MVA this past year. In addition his assistant, Jennifer, is a wonderful person who truly cares by following up with any questions or concerns you may have pre-surgery, post surgery, and appointment related. She does an great job keeping Dr. Ilyas organized!

Down to Earth & Amazing show details Down to Earth & Amazing
by Jacquelyn DeCola on Apr 7th, 2015

I've seen Dr. Ilyas several times in the past 2 years and have had 3 surgeries. He's so nice, funny and the best part? He's an amazing surgeon. I have never had the privilege of having a doctor quite like Dr. Ilyas. He even called me personally ALL 3 x after my surgeries (once while boarding an airplane!) to see how I feeling . Love this man!

Great Surgeon show details Great Surgeon
by Degraft-Ansu on Apr 5th, 2015

He pays attention to details Shows Personal Interest Very Patient Professional Excellent Listener Respectful Treats Patient like own family

by Martha. Silk on Mar 31st, 2015

The excellent care I received from Dr. Ilyas and his staff from the first visit was more then i could of hoped for . I am doing great Thanks to them. I Would recommend Dr.Ilyas and this facility to everyone. Thank you

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Terry Amoroso on Mar 31st, 2015

I had severe carpal tunnel in my non dominant hand/arm. I chose the Rothman Institute due to the commercials. I went to the Bensalem Pa facility that also has a Surgical Center. From the moment I stepped into the building I was treated with kindness, care and respect. Dr Ilyas is AWESOME !!!!!! I had the entire procedure explained to me. I chose to be awake and have my hand numbed. The dr and the entire pre surgical staff and post surgical staff were AWESOME . The operation took about 12 minutes. I was asked during the operation numerous times if I was ok and if I felt any pain. I had no pain during the operation. I was so impressed I am having my dominant hand done in 4 weeks. I could not have asked for a better doctor, facility , staff and operation. My palm looks great and I am at 100% full use. I have no pain and I am thrilled. After suffering with this for years I should have done it sooner ! I can't wait to have the other hand done. Great job to everyone and a big THANK YOU to everyone involved from beginning to end . I finally sleep through the night with no pain. It was a wonderful experience. I can't say enough about it .

patient review show details patient review
by bobbi on Mar 22nd, 2015

Definitely would recommend this doctor. He is knowledgeable, has the best patient rapport I have seen in my 30 years as a hearth care provider. The best trait is that he really listens to you and takes time to answer you questions to your understanding.Highly recommend!

by Sheila Brown on Feb 4th, 2015

Dr. Ilyas was amazing. From the moment we met I was confident I would be ok. He listened, validated my pain, and did everything he could to make me feell better. After surgery he called and left me a message on my cell explaining how the surgery went. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Great experience show details Great experience
by Amy S on Feb 3rd, 2015

From the first visit to the Bensalem office to surgery at the Bensalem location and follow up in KOP my experience with Dr. Ilyas was wonderful. I would refer anyone in my profession to him for care. My family has had nothing but great results with Rothman Doctors.

Mrs, show details Mrs,
by Susan Gamza on Jan 28th, 2015

Outstanding, right on point with diagnosis, so caring & kind. I found Dr. Asif Ilyas to be all about his patients welfare, what is best for them.

Dr. Ilyas: KOP Location show details Dr. Ilyas: KOP Location
by Jessica K on Jan 12th, 2015

Dr. Ilyas is an excellent surgeon--I needed to have two surgeries (for the same condition but on different eblows). After my first surgery and I realized I needed to have another surgery, there was no doubt I wanted Dr. Ilyas to be my surgeon again. He explains all part of the procedure, the tests, and all of the steps that are required for recovery. After my most recent surgery, he saw me and he called me at home later that evening to make sure I was doing OK. He listens to all of my concerns and addresses each one of them. Great surgeon--very professional and great bedside manner!

Warm, knowledgable and positive show details Warm, knowledgable and positive
by Michele Rix on Dec 17th, 2014

Dr Ilyas has a very warm and positive manner that helped me feel very comfortable. He explaned everything I could expect from my recovery and it was exactly what I experienced.

Highly recommend Dr. Ilyas show details Highly recommend Dr. Ilyas
by Linda Cahill on Nov 18th, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Ilyas. He operated on my finger and did an excellent job. I am pain free and the finger looks great.

exceptional! show details exceptional!
Sep 6th, 2014

my husband had been having bad shoulder and arm pain for 6 months and saw four other doctors who did MRI and nerve pin testing and found nothing. then we saw dr ilyas who immediately diagnosed with a cancer in the arm! his arm was broken so dr ilyas took him to the hospital, did biopsy, and fixed his arm. dr ilyas also saw him every day and made sure the cancer doctors were taking good care of my husband. i don't know yet what is going to happen to him but we are still so indebted to dr ilyas. he is kind and took his time explaining things to us. we never met a doctor like him before.

Dr. Ilyas show details Dr. Ilyas
May 5th, 2014

My husband had a stroke and lost the use of his arm. Dr Ilyas took the time to explain the problem and what he could do to help and then performed two long surgeries on his weak arm. He was so caring and thoughtful throughout. We are so lucky to have found him.

Superstar show details Superstar
Mar 16th, 2014

I had taken my daughter to see a number of physicians before Dr. Ilyas for her wrist injury she got from softball, and no luck. He took the time to talk to me and her to explain the problem. Surgery was no problem and she had no pain. He did the surgery with her awake and now she's back to playing. Simply amazing.

Jun 5th, 2013

I have had an exceptional experience with Doctor Ilyas. I had a different surgeon do my carpel tunnel rlease surgery and it was a long painful process. A friend referred me to Doctor Ilyas for my other side and it was a breeze. I never needed any pain meds and went back to work the next day. The numbness was gone the first day and I have been sleeping through the night like a baby. He even called me the evening after surgery to check up on me. I have never had a surgeon call me, and I have had a lot of orthopaedic surgeries. He was great.

My experience with Dr. Ilyas and my father show details My experience with Dr. Ilyas and my father
Jun 3rd, 2013

I recently met Dr. Ilyas when I took my father in to see him for his arm that has been paralyzed from a stroke. We had seen a number of hand surgeons before that couldn't help my father. Dr. Ilyas was polite, thoughtful, courteous, and knowledgeable about the problem. He made a point to speak to my father directly as well as to me throughout the encounter. My father then had surgery with him that was complex involving his shoulder, elbow, wrist, and fingers. He has done exceptionally well. My friends told me to see Dr. Ilyas at the Rothman, and I am happy they did. He's one in a million.

My personal experience with Dr. Asif M. Ilyas. show details My personal experience with Dr. Asif M. Ilyas.
by anonomys on Apr 18th, 2013

My personal experience with Dr. Asif M. Ilyas was, regrettably, one of the most abhorant, disappointing, pathetic and enigmatic office visits I have ever encountered. As I waited in the office/patient examination room for a short time, this particular doctor appeared. I proceeded to ask him a question about the condition of my hand and he merely stared at me with no verbal response. Actually, my own personal perceptions of this puzzling behavior was as though he just didn't want to be bothered with a patient asking a legitimate question about the hand condition. Without indulging in any wild speculation, he should have stayed at home that particular day. His professional medical credentials and his personal behavior were two entirely different entities. In fact, if a maintenance/janitorial person came into the same office where I was waiting to be evaluated, I'm quite certain I would have gotten a more professional medical response. In conclusion, Asif M. Ilyas was, unequivocally, a complete waste of time. I suppose he should have gone into another line of "suitable" work.

Feb 1st, 2012

My experience with Dr. Ilyas was great from start to finish. His staff is welcoming. Dr. Ilyas is caring and listens. My carpel tunnel surgery was the easier surgery I have had. I had the surgery on Thursday and was back to routine on Friday. It is now just about two weeks and my hand feels wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Ilyas.

Dr. Ilyas was wonderful show details Dr. Ilyas was wonderful
Oct 23rd, 2011

I was so happy to meet a surgeon who understood my problem and was also willing to discuss non-surgical treatment with me. Everyone else only wanted to discuss surgery. He is very patient and thorough.

Great show details Great
Sep 5th, 2011

I had been treating at the Philadelphia Hand Center for years and was lucky enough to be referred over to Dr. Ilyas also in King of Prussia. He was great. He fiugred it out and fixed my wrist problem that the other docs were treating only with therapy.

Mar 29th, 2011

I am a physician and I took my mother to see Dr Ilyas in Bensalem with a difficult problem. Dr Ilyas took a lot of time to explain her problem, he performed what I believe to be a very difficult surgery, and was very attentive throughout her rehab. She is doing great now. I have been practicing in Bucks County a long time and had taken my mother to a number of Orthopaedic Hand surgeons before Dr Ilyas assumed her care. Needless to say I was very impressed with his ability to figure out and address the problem so adeptly.

Great show details Great
Mar 22nd, 2011

He was great! I have been recommending him to all of my friends.

by Diane Moore on Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Ilyas was very professional and carig. I was at ease and confident in his diagnosis and treatment plan

A gem. show details A gem.
Dec 27th, 2010

I have gone to several different docs about a bad elbow injury and no one would even try to help me until I met Dr Ilyas. I needed surgery and a lot of rehab but Dr Ilyas helped and guided me through it all and now I am doing great. The Rothman Institute staff was amazing too.

Oct 8th, 2010

I was Dr Ilyas's patient at Temple. He's been treating a severe elbow injury I have and he's performed several reconstructive surgeries on me. I followed him to his new practice at Jefferson. He's the same great doc but now he has a much better staff. He's the best. I highly recommend him. He's patient and always answers my questions and calls to check up on me.

Sep 30th, 2010

Dr Ilyas was excellent.

Sep 28th, 2010

Dr Ilyas was caring, competent, and approachable. I would recommend him without reservation.

Good Doc, poor staff and follow up show details Good Doc, poor staff and follow up
Aug 18th, 2009

I went to Dr. Ilyas as a second opinion and he confirmed my initial diagnosis. I scheduled surgery with him and have been unable in 3 months to get a return phone call from his assistant. UNACCEPTABLE, regardless of how great the doctor is. I have surgery in 3 days and still don't know anything about what is going to happen and what follow up to expect.