Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Warm, knowledgable and positive  |  show details
by Michele Rix on Dec 17th, 2014

Dr Ilyas has a very warm and positive manner that helped me feel very comfortable. He explaned everything I could expect from my recovery and it was exactly what I experienced.

|  Highly recommend Dr. Ilyas  |  show details
by Linda Cahill on Nov 18th, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Ilyas. He operated on my finger and did an excellent job. I am pain free and the finger looks great.

|  exceptional!  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2014

my husband had been having bad shoulder and arm pain for 6 months and saw four other doctors who did MRI and nerve pin testing and found nothing. then we saw dr ilyas who immediately diagnosed with a cancer in the arm! his arm was broken so dr ilyas took him to the hospital, did biopsy, and fixed his arm. dr ilyas also saw him every day and made sure the cancer doctors were taking good care of my husband. i don't know yet what is going to happen to him but we are still so indebted to dr ilyas. he is kind and took his time explaining things to us. we never met a doctor like him before.

|  Dr. Ilyas  |  show details
May 5th, 2014

My husband had a stroke and lost the use of his arm. Dr Ilyas took the time to explain the problem and what he could do to help and then performed two long surgeries on his weak arm. He was so caring and thoughtful throughout. We are so lucky to have found him.

|  Superstar  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2014

I had taken my daughter to see a number of physicians before Dr. Ilyas for her wrist injury she got from softball, and no luck. He took the time to talk to me and her to explain the problem. Surgery was no problem and she had no pain. He did the surgery with her awake and now she's back to playing. Simply amazing.

Jun 5th, 2013

I have had an exceptional experience with Doctor Ilyas. I had a different surgeon do my carpel tunnel rlease surgery and it was a long painful process. A friend referred me to Doctor Ilyas for my other side and it was a breeze. I never needed any pain meds and went back to work the next day. The numbness was gone the first day and I have been sleeping through the night like a baby. He even called me the evening after surgery to check up on me. I have never had a surgeon call me, and I have had a lot of orthopaedic surgeries. He was great.

|  My experience with Dr. Ilyas and my father  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

I recently met Dr. Ilyas when I took my father in to see him for his arm that has been paralyzed from a stroke. We had seen a number of hand surgeons before that couldn't help my father. Dr. Ilyas was polite, thoughtful, courteous, and knowledgeable about the problem. He made a point to speak to my father directly as well as to me throughout the encounter. My father then had surgery with him that was complex involving his shoulder, elbow, wrist, and fingers. He has done exceptionally well. My friends told me to see Dr. Ilyas at the Rothman, and I am happy they did. He's one in a million.

|  My personal experience with Dr. Asif M. Ilyas.  |  show details
by anonomys on Apr 18th, 2013

My personal experience with Dr. Asif M. Ilyas was, regrettably, one of the most abhorant, disappointing, pathetic and enigmatic office visits I have ever encountered. As I waited in the office/patient examination room for a short time, this particular doctor appeared. I proceeded to ask him a question about the condition of my hand and he merely stared at me with no verbal response. Actually, my own personal perceptions of this puzzling behavior was as though he just didn't want to be bothered with a patient asking a legitimate question about the hand condition. Without indulging in any wild speculation, he should have stayed at home that particular day. His professional medical credentials and his personal behavior were two entirely different entities. In fact, if a maintenance/janitorial person came into the same office where I was waiting to be evaluated, I'm quite certain I would have gotten a more professional medical response. In conclusion, Asif M. Ilyas was, unequivocally, a complete waste of time. I suppose he should have gone into another line of "suitable" work.

Feb 1st, 2012

My experience with Dr. Ilyas was great from start to finish. His staff is welcoming. Dr. Ilyas is caring and listens. My carpel tunnel surgery was the easier surgery I have had. I had the surgery on Thursday and was back to routine on Friday. It is now just about two weeks and my hand feels wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Ilyas.

|  Dr. Ilyas was wonderful  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

I was so happy to meet a surgeon who understood my problem and was also willing to discuss non-surgical treatment with me. Everyone else only wanted to discuss surgery. He is very patient and thorough.

|  Great  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2011

I had been treating at the Philadelphia Hand Center for years and was lucky enough to be referred over to Dr. Ilyas also in King of Prussia. He was great. He fiugred it out and fixed my wrist problem that the other docs were treating only with therapy.

Mar 29th, 2011

I am a physician and I took my mother to see Dr Ilyas in Bensalem with a difficult problem. Dr Ilyas took a lot of time to explain her problem, he performed what I believe to be a very difficult surgery, and was very attentive throughout her rehab. She is doing great now. I have been practicing in Bucks County a long time and had taken my mother to a number of Orthopaedic Hand surgeons before Dr Ilyas assumed her care. Needless to say I was very impressed with his ability to figure out and address the problem so adeptly.

|  Great  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

He was great! I have been recommending him to all of my friends.

by Diane Moore on Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Ilyas was very professional and carig. I was at ease and confident in his diagnosis and treatment plan

|  A gem.  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2010

I have gone to several different docs about a bad elbow injury and no one would even try to help me until I met Dr Ilyas. I needed surgery and a lot of rehab but Dr Ilyas helped and guided me through it all and now I am doing great. The Rothman Institute staff was amazing too.

Oct 8th, 2010

I was Dr Ilyas's patient at Temple. He's been treating a severe elbow injury I have and he's performed several reconstructive surgeries on me. I followed him to his new practice at Jefferson. He's the same great doc but now he has a much better staff. He's the best. I highly recommend him. He's patient and always answers my questions and calls to check up on me.

Sep 30th, 2010

Dr Ilyas was excellent.

Sep 28th, 2010

Dr Ilyas was caring, competent, and approachable. I would recommend him without reservation.

|  Good Doc, poor staff and follow up  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2009

I went to Dr. Ilyas as a second opinion and he confirmed my initial diagnosis. I scheduled surgery with him and have been unable in 3 months to get a return phone call from his assistant. UNACCEPTABLE, regardless of how great the doctor is. I have surgery in 3 days and still don't know anything about what is going to happen and what follow up to expect.