Dr. Asit Shah MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Englewood, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2017
He is by far the worst dr I have ever seen. He didn't even look at what my problem was!!!

August 2nd, 2016
Had two hip replacements two years apart by Dr Shah and extremely satisfied with results. Not a man of many words BUT an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone.

March 24th, 2016
He was incredibly rude. I did not trust him at all and went to another orthopedist for evaluation.

March 1st, 2016
Exceptional doctor
Dr. Shah did my hip revision surgery. He is a brilliant surgeon. He fixed a botched job done by the first surgeon. He is a very caring doctor, who spent a great deal of time with me explaining things. I highly recommend him.

July 27th, 2015
Exceptional joint surgeon

July 9th, 2015
Exceptional surgeon and brilliant MD PhD.

March 7th, 2015
the best orthopod around
he saved my life

March 11th, 2013
TKR March 2009
Dr Shah is caring surgeon, with top medical credentials, personable, and knowledgeable. He takes the time to explain procedures. Englewood Orthopedic practice is always busy, they have a great staff and will accommodate patients. I would recommend Dr Shah to anyone who is experiencing problems w hip or knee and considering replacement surgery.

November 11th, 2012
Suzanne Mack
I had been in severe pain and denial a long time but when convinced I had to get it done he was the best. My recovery time was briefier than what I had heard based on his technical skill which is clearly superb. You want someone who is at the top of their field and how many Dr can say they invented a knee for women? One Dr Asit Shah.

July 24th, 2012
Surgical Efficiency
This man is egotistical and arrogant. That would not matter too much if he were a good surgeon. In my experience he certainly is not. He performed a partial hip replacement on my right side. The prosthesis was improperly placed, causing my injured leg to lean inward. The leg was also twisted, causing me to be pigeon-toed on that side, and shortened by one half inch. It is more than a year since the surgery. I have pain in the groin and my altered gait has caused chronic neck pain. I walk with a cane. Sometimes, today for instance, I could not stand on my right leg at all and suffered serious pain. I had to resort to using a wheel chair.I would not like to spend the rest of my life lame and uncomfortable, so am looking into the possibility of a revision by a competent surgeon.

August 18th, 2011
regarding discharge orders to a rehab center
dr shah is a wonderful surgeon, but it is very dificult to get him or a member of his staff to clarify any problems after discharge to a rehab center. Even the rehab center is having a dificult time trying to comunicate with him.

July 27th, 2009
Dollar bills
I waited at the office for 20 mins only for him to see me for 3 mins. When I asked him questions about my knee and mri results he did not explain anything but told me I needed surgery. When I asked about the surgery he told me to talk to the surgeon. He is not very caring towards his patients and all he sees is dollar bills going from patient to patient.