Dr. Asma Dajani MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 18th, 2011
Unbelievably bad!
I would like to say that this Dr Dajani would be someone I would like to recommend, but I cannot, EMPHATICALLY! I had been to the ER for abdominal pain. After a CT scan and ultrasound it was determined I had large ovarian cysts. Since the tests were inconclusive an MRI was ordered. When the MRI results came back on a Friday, Dr Dajani called me on the phone (Friday) to tell me the results showed benign and malignant tissues. She proceeded to tell me I would need to be referred to an oncology GYN as soon as possible and that she would have her nurse do that if not that day (Friday) then would be first thing Monday. So over the whole weekend, I had been devastated that she had just handed me a CANCER diagnosis. The only thing that held me together was that on Monday I would get some plan in motion to be aggressive and fight this as fast as possible. 11am Monday I still had not heard from her office, so I called. The nurse then told me that Dr Dajani...NEVER works on Mondays. So when the Dr told me something would be done.. she already KNEW she wouldn't be in the office on the next business day. After a nurse reviewed by records she stated that Dr Dajani had NOT even ordered an referral. There was NOTHING in my file about any referral. The nurse then said that she would send a STAT message to Dr Dajani but that she was not known to answer her phone on her day off. My thought: 'Gee, thanks alot DR. You throw a CANCER diagnosis on me and then leave me out to hang on the depression that creates!'I make an appointment 'MYSELF' with a GYN (not oncology specialist- those are only available by Dr referral). After that appointment, and with the help of a VERY good Dr. Galloway, he explained the test results fully with me along with a 2nd opinion that the tests only say that the MRI could NOT tell if the cysts were benign or malignant... NOT that they WERE benign and malignant. Now, even though I have to have a total hysterectomy and that the tissue will have to go to pathology to rule out cancer, I feel so very much relieved that I don't have this negative diagnosis as Dr Dajani originally threw at me over the phone. I had fears for my 13 yr old daughter being left without a mother, my life being cut short or at the very least having to go thru chemotherapy and watch my quality of life being taken away. The point of this review is this, Cancer is a VERY negative word to relay to someone without definitive proof. Add to that, the fact that she was uncommunicative and did not consider my emotional well-being or my needs to be handled in a timely fashion rates this Dr a VERY negative review. Once the level of trust you MUST have with a physician has been broken it cannot be repaired.