Internist

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Aug 4th, 2015

I had been going to Riverview in Chicopee, and it failed me. I have had chronic pain for years well managed by a schedule 4 medication and naprocine. Upon going to Riverview, my meds were cut in half to a non therapeutic level according to the P.D.R. I was treated as a junkie and had to take pee test, suffer random med counts and sign contracts. All this when I had no criminal record, no adverse cori report, and never a history of med abuse. On top of this my doctor was not encouraging and falsified records of my visits, and her staff would answer my e mail directed to the doctor specifically. So, I changed to Chicopee Medical Center. I had much paper work and trails of M.R.I and X rays and tons of data. My condition of chronic suffering was very well documented and the root causes clearly evident and other treatments failed me. Dr. Kareem upon my appointment had clearly reviewed tons of paper work and focused directly on my issues. She did her homework. In addition my schedule four medication was raised to therapeutic levels and some meds reduced. Results were pain relief . I also go to the pain clinic for which she is in timely and direct contact. She cares....and I can not take statins but she found a way around that and my triglycerides were greatly reduced. Only complaint I have is when calling, her medical assistant managed to get the doctors order for meds screwed up, and went into lecture mode with me on how to take meds. I am a former R.N. now 63 and found this 20 something lecturing me most trying and tiresome. Struck me as a wannabe nurse, and had no insight into the psychology of patient's or sufferings. Eventually, I found I could contact Dr. Kareem via e mail and she would answer me back directly and call the pharmacy herself. She ordered all the "right" test for me for I know them all being a former nurse. If you do suffer chronic pain be sure the causative factors are very well documented with x rays and M.R.I. and reports from other doctors of surgeons and have it clearly stated on records you have tried other methods of relief and have this proven and proven you are doing what must be done to remedy the causes of the problem. In this way, doctor Kareem can focus with clarity and confidence without worry you are a med seeker for which many exist, and she like other doctors must protect her license. I do not fault this doctor at all for that. She is very encouraging, caring, complete and knowledgeable. I am in great hands save for the 20 something medical assistant that is a capricious self important irritant. And do dump River bend. They are heartless and your suffering will be increased with the humiliation you suffer. I will not mention names, but it was a Polish female doctor that was a very real issue.

Could be better show details Could be better
Feb 29th, 2012

She is an all right doctor. As far as taking care of basic problems and what not but if you have a chronic pain problem she will let you suffer and not prescribe necessary medications, i ended up having to find a new doctor because i couldn't suffer any longer. So if your not in pain she is a wonderful doctor, but if you have any kind of chronic pain she is not the right doctor for you.