Overall Review

November 14th, 2015
cut you off short
I went to see this doctor with severe pain I wrote a list of all that was wrong with me so to save time ...boy was that a mistake she really did not appreciate that, she shook her head... I told her that sometimes I have problems remembering and have severe headaches that make me forget things ....she did not take me seriously......she belittled me and made me feel very small... I don't fell that any doctor should make any patient be made to feel this way ..... her beside manor was ICE COLD NO COMPASSION... this woman scared me....... I am in a lot of pain and my head was telling me run run run away from this doctor ............ I did not go back ...I BELIEVE RESPECT SHOULD BE FOR ALL PEOPLE FROM ALL PLACES AND ALL CULTURES AND WHEN WE DON'T SEE IT WE SHOULD JUST WALK AWAY ... AND THIS IS WHY I WILL NEVER SEE DR. PATEL AGAIN.

May 10th, 2015
Horrendous bed side manners
I've seen Dr. Patel twice, the first time was okay. Had blood tests and all was okay. The second time I was feeling really bad with some joint issues in my hands. She asked "what's wrong with you, and what do you want!" as I became emotional when describing the pain, as though I didn't have the right to be upset. I told her I didn't WANT anything from her, only to find out what is wrong with my hands. All she did was order labs and sent me on my way. I got the lab work done and went to another doctor. You can not make a timely appointment even if you are an established patient. The waiting room time is about 30 minutes and then another 10-15 minutes when you get in a room. I do not recommend this doctor because she has a very short temper and a poor bedside manner.

May 5th, 2015
Her staff is a direct reflection of her practice. Horrible bedside manners all of them

March 18th, 2015
If you like to wait
Waited for 2 hours. Staff was very accommodating when I told them I had to leave for a meeting and could not wait. They took me back immediately but I still had to wait another 30 plus minutes to see Doc. Truly, the aggravation of such a long wait time was not worth my copay $$$ and the grief from missing a meeting. Due to the waiting, time with Doc was very rushed. Very disappointed; lacks professionalism and respect for the time of others.

December 29th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr. Asmita Patel is AWESOME!!!!!!! She is thorough and very very caring. She really listens to the concerns of the patient. I have grown to trust her as she follows my medical issues.

January 17th, 2014
I am very upset with Asmitha patel she refuses to answer my questions. She just told me to read the disease printout sheet and if i have any doubts i can ask questions in the next appointment.

August 17th, 2012
Best Rheumatolgist in Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Patel has restored the use on my right hand. After being disabled for a year after an orthopaedic doctor performed hand surgery on me, now I can use my hand thanks to Dr. Patel. She is not only a brilliant doctor, but is very nice too. She has my greatest thanks and my greatest recommendation.

December 29th, 2011
Dr Patel is caring and knowledgeable; has my confidence
After my hand surgery by another Orthopaedic Surgeon I continued to have pain and swelling for 5 months, and loss of use of my right hand. I selected Dr. Asmita Patel because my research found her ot be the best. Her staff got me in quick, no wait, then I was in front of the doctor. She listened, diagnosed, and planned for my healing. She explained my problem, her treatment and how it would work. She was caring and patient with me. Dr Patel has my complete confidence. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND her.

December 14th, 2011
Awful Experience Finding a new DR
The office staff is not very accomadating. They are very nasty to very sick patients. I like the Dr but not enough to put up with rudeness. Will go elsewhere

August 1st, 2011
Office staff is terrible. The Head MA is the worst. Her words she can't stand by the fax machine all day to make sure the fax go through. She doesn't return calls. Doesn't schedule appointment for outside testing. Then blamed patient for rescheduling appointment, because she hadn't made appointment for infusion. Doctor doesn't give refills on meds.

July 22nd, 2011
mildred
Great Doctor, staff members lady with bun very accomodating. Blood left with blood went to 5th floor, referrals, scheduled bone denosity at the name of service. Keep up the good work.

May 13th, 2011
Really Impressed
I was thoroughly impressed with Dr. Patel. After having some labs done, she called me herself to let me know that something was going on and needed addressed immediately. It was so refreshing to hear from the doctor who is doing the treatment as opposed to the nurse or office assistant who interprets the message to what they hear. So far, after only one appointment, Dr. Patel gets two thumbs way, way up.