Dr. Assia Bromberg MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Fair Lawn, NJ

October 11th, 2016
Holistic Care
This Doctor immediately made me feel at ease and that i was about to be taken very good care of. She approached my breathing issues with a holistic point of view. she made sure the other health measures that i needed to take were understood and implemented. Good old fashioned care................

January 6th, 2014
Nailed the diagnosis
Dr. Bromberg was the only doctor who diagnosed my condition correctly - pericarditis. I had no idea what was causing such pain every time I was breathing in. This condition, if not treated, could cause a lot of trouble (including death), and she not only diagnosed it correctly, but also prescribed the right treatment. As soon as I started the prescribed medication, I felt better the next day.

February 22nd, 2013
excellent physciain
Compassionate, knowlegeable, communicative, and good at follow up. An outtanding doctor!

September 24th, 2012
Gross Misdiagnosis by Dr. Bromberg
This is the worst doctor I've ever had. I had been going to her for years and am generally very healthy. So it wasn't until I was bitten by a severely poisonous spider that I realized how unknowledgable she is. Despite the fact that I already had an infection and a lot of pain, the bite was on my side near my rib cage, and that I told her I had been hiking and think I got bit by a bug, she misdiagnosed it as herpes!! She prescribed me the wrong medication, which did nothing except waste my money and prolong my pain. She also prescribed me to get some blood work done. I didn't have insurance at the time, and if I had taken her advice and gotten the blood work (which I later realized would have been pointless since it was to test for herpes which I don't have and wouldn't have even tested for what I did have), it would have cost me $450. It was the worst pain I ever experienced in my life. I went back to her the next day because the pain was unbearable (I could barely even walk, the antibiotics she prescribed had zero effect, and the infection was spreading by the minute. She still insisted it was herpes and told me to come back in a week. When I was finally able to get an appointment with a dermatologist a few days later, he took one look and knew it was an infected spider bite. He told me I should have been in the ER for an antibiotic IV - it was that bad. Since I had waited so long wasting time seeing Dr. Bromberg twice, and since she disregarded everything I told her, I now have a large scar to remember her awful mistake by. Do NOT go to this Dr. She's terrible!

December 4th, 2010
Excellent and caring physician, very knowledgeable.

June 17th, 2010
Never returns the call, does not remember what she said on a previous vesit. Please find another doctor. She is just no good, does not care.

February 15th, 2010
awful, disappointing, and untrustworthy
i have been a patient of dr. bromberg's for years. luckily i am rather healthy, and have not had any serious problems. but a few years ago i began to have my suspicions about her - i often get very dizzy when i stand up. i mentioned this to her and her first response was "i don't know." she never suggested any other type of dr. who might be able to help. when i went again for my next physical i complained of the same problem; this time she told me to eat more salt and prescribed me a medication for the elderly (i was 23 at the time), whose side affect was supposed to help with my dizziness. it didn't. so i stopped taking those meds and have just been living with the problem. the final straw, however, came this past summer when i had gotten what wound up to be a seriously infected bug bite. this was no joke. the infection spread wildly and rapidly. i went to dr. bromberg at the first sign of infection (there was a bump that looked like a large mosquito bite and a red area around it). i told her that i thought it's a bug bite. i had even drawn a marker line around the infection to show that it was spreading way beyond the line. she insisted i had herpes (?!?!), prescribed me some useless antibiotics (for a viral infection, when in reality i had a bacterial infection), and told me to rub cortisone cream on it. by the time i got to the pharmacy i was already in pain from it, so i started taking the antibiotics immediately. they did nothing. by the next morning i was in excrutiating pain so i went back. the infection had spread to over 3 times the orginal size and the bite mark had turned into a purple, pus filled blister. she insisted again that i have herpes (i later realized that she probably meant shingles, but she never used the term shingles, just herpes - and this was on my ribs!) and again sent me home, saying to come back in a week. she also ordered a bloodtest for me (i am so glad i didn't go because it would have cost me $450 w/out insurance and i later found out it was the wrong blood test anyway and wouldn't have even helped!!) well, this was the worst pain i have ever experienced. i was in horrible pain no matter what position i was in - sitting, lying down, whatever. the pain had spread to my lower back and i could barely walk. i could barely move. i couldn't even sleep at night. it felt like someone had cut open my side, stitched it back together, and was tearing it apart again from the inside. i was crying constantly and i knew something was very wrong. i wound up going to a dermatologist 2 days later who took one look at it and knew it was either an infected spider bite or lyme disease (i didn't have insurance at the time so i didn't get the expensive bloodwork done to determine what it truly was). he prescribed me the correct antibiotics that started working in a day. he told me, though, that from the severity of my infection, i was about a half day away from having to go to the hospital for an antibiotic IV. dr. bromberg completely misdiagnosed me and caused me to experience more pain than i ever thought possible. when her office called to follow up, i told them the truth - how her Rx didn't do a thing for me, and how i had to go to a dermatologist to get the correct diagnosis and medication. the receptionist simply said "oh" and i never heard from them again. she cost me time, pain, and money (remember, with no insurance, this was all out of pocket expense for me). this doctor is awful and i vow never to go back to her again! she should not be allowed to practice medicine. it's a shame that after having a dr. for 15 years, i have to go look for a new, more trustworthy one now.