Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

2.5

great doctor show details great doctor
by SG on Oct 17th, 2014

Best thyroid doctor in Dallas. Staff does their best to keep up with the demand. If you are able to get in to see her, count yourself lucky and take the time to wait to see her. She will spend just as much time with you as she did the person in front of you, who is probably in worse shape than you anyway.

An hour and a half to confirm I had strep, which I already knew show details An hour and a half to confirm I had strep, which I already knew
Aug 1st, 2014

I was able to get an appointment with the nurse practitioner the day I called since I just needed a strep test. And she was fine--very nice and gave me accurate information. But I had to wait over an hour just to be called for the throat swab. People who arrived after I did were seen and finished before I was even seen! I guess they don't "like" first-time patients. Then of course one has to wait for the rapid culture results, so it was an hour and a half before I even saw the nurse practitioner. Ridiculous!!!

I like this doctor! show details I like this doctor!
by Over40age on Dec 26th, 2013

Referred by my pharmacist. Dr. Gutsmann is a caring doctor. She listens, and give a clear explanation on the follow-up of labwork. I liked her so much that I sent my daughter to her, who is now too old for her pediatrician. My daughter really likes her. She accepts walk-ins. and cash customers. I have insurance and had no problems with them filing. Phone calls were returned quickly by the nurse. The staff at the front desk could improve. I find I spend lots of time waiting in doctor's offices and at fast food restaurants.

Very pleased with Dr. Gutsmann show details Very pleased with Dr. Gutsmann
by Kim S. on May 17th, 2013

I have been very pleased with my experience as a patient of Dr. Gutsman. She has helped me deal with post-menopausal issues - especially hot flashes - by prescribing bio-identical hormone replacements. They've worked great - any issues I was having are completely dealt with. She also impresses me in other ways: sets a great example in diet & exercise, very friendly and personable, as well as very genuine in her comments and advice. The one area that is frustrating is the unnecessarily long wait times for appointments. This could be a symptom of the positive things I mentioned - if she's taking time with me, maybe she's also taking time with other patients. If there was a way to fix this problem, I would be 100% satisfied.

Changing to a new family doctor... very disappointed in service. show details Changing to a new family doctor... very disappointed in service.
by Candy M on Apr 23rd, 2013

Front office staff is horrible and not very friendly and the wait time is ridiculous to see the doctor. We have been to 4 different office visits in the last 7 months and on all occasions we had to wait almost an hour to been seen.

Doctor is good, but getting an appointment and wait time is horrible show details Doctor is good, but getting an appointment and wait time is horrible
by diva_3181377 on Apr 18th, 2013

Like: Doctor is good. Explains everything and all Dislike: -Wait time at the reception -Have to wait long time to get an appointment

Long Wait Times, Understaffed, Money Hungry show details Long Wait Times, Understaffed, Money Hungry
Mar 28th, 2013

Be prepared to wait and be annoyed. We always have to wait about 1 hour or longer despite having an appointment. In addition, I tried to start the weight loss program but decided after the blood work and EKG that I wanted to go elsewhere because their scheduling is awful with 2 week delays due to understaffing. They wouldn't provide a partial refund for services not rendered. Charged me $375 for bloodwork and EKG that a different office only charges $70 for. They have been without a PA for 6 months. This doctor is too cheap to hire enough staff to keep appointment schedules and times running smoothly and NEVER refunds for anything. Find a better doctor who cares about the quality of care rather than just the money they can save.

Mar 9th, 2012

NOT SURE I WILL RETURN

Feb 10th, 2012

Most of the time, the PA look at the patient. The Doctor hardly look at the patient.

Dr. was ok!!! HORRIBLE MANAGER and HORRIBLE STAFF show details Dr. was ok!!! HORRIBLE MANAGER and HORRIBLE STAFF
Jan 20th, 2012

The Dr. is generally just ok (for being a clinic of course)... HER MANAGER is horrible, not very smart, seems to be uneducated and or has no managerial experience, extremely frumpy looking, and is just not professional when she is explaining a financial issue. Mngr is like a puppet!!! Oh and the mngr does not portray a good image for an office that promotes weight loss !!Staff was all new everytime I went (only went 3 times). No privacy, I heard the Dr. talking about a patients issue while sitting in the centrally located area, a nurse giving bad results over the phone to a patient and the front person arguing with a patient over a balance...all while waiting in line to pay my copay. Not to mention the office always claims to have their system down, Internet, fax machine etc. all 3 times I was seen there. Over all just not a good environment !!! Won't be going back to that place.

Nov 3rd, 2011

Dr. Gutsmann spent a great deal of time going over my medical issues. It was very refreshing considering other doctors I have seen spent less than five minutes with me.

Look Somewhere Else show details Look Somewhere Else
Jan 3rd, 2011

Can't understand her and why she pushes her weight loss program---waste of my time..do not appreciate being "sold" her stuff every time I go there...