A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Atef Salam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Atef Salam is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Salam
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Salam Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Atef Salam, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Alcoholic)
- Portal Hypertension
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Salam graduated from Kasr El Aini Faculty Medicine, Cairo. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Salam has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Grady Memorial Hospital
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - Egleston
- Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Atef Salam MD is a male Surgeon and practices in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Atef Salam practice?
- Dr. Atef Salam has 2 office locations.
Dr. Atef Salam practices Surgery and Vascular Surgery near Decatur, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Atlanta, GA.
See Decatur Surgeons.