A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Atef Salam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Atef Salam is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Atef Salam, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Alcoholic)
- Portal Hypertension
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Salam graduated from Kasr El Aini Faculty Medicine, Cairo. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Salam has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Grady Memorial Hospital
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - Egleston
- Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Salam accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 4 plans
- Humana - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 26 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Atef Salam practice?
Dr. Atef Salam practices Surgery and Vascular Surgery near Decatur, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Atlanta, GA.
See Decatur Surgeons.