Dr. Ateka Zaki MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

April 29th, 2015
I have taken my child to see her for almost 2 years now. Every time we went for our appointment it was 1 - 1 1/2 hour wait past out appointment time. When you do get your named called it just for vitals and they put you in the next waiting area for another 15 mins. When you do get in her office be prepared to be interrupted at least once by a staff member needing something. (Mind you the visit is never more then 10 mins.. WAIT TILL SHE IS DONE WITH A PATIENT!) I tried to have my child see the therapist that was in her office but Dr. Zaki HERSELF busted in the office when my child was crying and talking about issues to tell the therapist her fax kept resending and she needed to come stop it. (STOP IT YOURSELF can't you see we are in a session?) I confronted her about this the next time we are in.. her response OH, Ok. Why did I put up with this all this time? Well doctors aren't taking new patients or the appointments are 3-6 months out. I figured my child needed the medication just deal with it. She closed our file last night and kicked us out when my child was at her lowest. I took her in to adjust her meds. She was to take a test or she wouldn't help us anymore. Then said she needs to be in a hospital. My daughter shut down and refused the test. The doctor jumped up said well I am done with you, your file is closed. We left out of there in total break down mode and worse then when we walked in. We needed help! Take her as she is, a script writer with no compassion!

March 2nd, 2015
TOO MUCH to "get past"... STRESS INDUCING
As patient >6yrs, I testify: staff=negligent, rude, uneducated. MD skill/quality is irrelevant @that point. .

January 5th, 2015
More Detail Later
More Detail Later

April 11th, 2014
Guessing about my medication
They couldn't get me in to see dr. Zaki so I saw her nurse practitioner. She was awful from the beginning. She wasn't interested in my story at all. She tried to change my story to save her from typing so much. I didn't allow her to shorten my story as this is my third attempt at treatment and I want things done right. Then she took me off the only medication I told her I felt was working best. She ignored my complaints about the medication I didn't like, she GUESSED at how much lexapro I have been taking. And she didn't respect my thoughts about MY medication changes.

October 2nd, 2013
Horrible experience overall.

September 1st, 2013
She is a good doctor for my three children. They have improved tremendously.

August 6th, 2013
I have been seeing her for the past so many years .Every time I visit her she is very friendly and supportive ,explains everything about what's going on with me. In our follow up visits I always find her concerned about improvement and progress regarding my condition. All in all I find her to be wonderful and she caters to my needs.

July 31st, 2013
Very Poor Treatment
I do not see the improvement when seeing Dr. Zaki. My mental health and physical have become worsening. The medication causes me unable to walk. Very difficult to contact her. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone.

March 29th, 2013
I never know a doctor who spend and treat her patient like a family and make you comfortable like you are talking to your own mother. Thank you Dr. Zaki for taking care of me and my problems.

January 21st, 2013
I wish someone would have warned me that this person is a quack.
Unfortunately, there was an insurance change that my company went through so I was forced to change psychiatrists. A family member of mine looked her up online and said she had "great reviews." My first visit was fairly alright except for how long it took. She assured me that she would be able to help and that she was competent and readily available to help me. After the second visit I had a psychological emergency and called her emergency line. An on-call psychiatrist with access to my patient records was supposed to assist me because I called after business hours. No one called. I had to call on Monday after several unreturned voice mails. The office claimed that there were no messages left and that the doctor would call me. I called back a few hours later after I spoke with the office only to hear from an answering machine that they were closed at 4 pm. On my next visit, I asked Dr. Zaki about it and she told me she works from noon to 5 pm and the office does not answer calls after 4 pm. The day before my third visit I received a call that she had a family emergency and that the office would be closed for seven days. I wanted to reschedule soon and they informed me that it would be a full two weeks before I could see her. I insisted that I needed to see her sooner than that so I was able to convince the staff to get me an appointment a week after she started working again. During the appointment, she answered the phone two times while I was speaking and voiced her frustration saying she didn't take calls after 4 pm. Overall, the experience I had with her was more than frustrating and I ultimately had to go to a behavior hospital for a few days and find another psychiatrist who was much more available to me.

September 25th, 2012
She was my doctor for 4 years
I should have switched doctors but didn't. Every visit was the same unless she thought I needed something new. I was given pills as if I was a hamster of some sort. I was asked questions that had nothing to do with my health. I would wait sometime up to an hour and only be in for 15 minutes or so. She would answer her cell phone when it was my turn to be seen, I didn't wait an hour so you could talk on your phone. I was interrupted when talking. She is just rude, wants you in and out and goes on vacations all the time as if she needs them. I have known a few other people who have seen her and they don't like her either. I have never hated a doctor so much.

July 11th, 2012
Would not recommend for children
I was thoroughly unimpressed with my first visit with Dr. Ateka Zaki. We arrived to find the entire waiting room full and at least 7-10 people waiting in the hallway outside. We waited over an hour past our appointment time to see the doctor. We had an appointment for our 8 year daughter who was recently diagnosed with ADD. Within the first 5 minutes of the meeting with Dr. Zaki her unprofessionalism and lack of sensitivity came shining through. She did not take the time to read any of the reports sent to her weeks ahead of time and immediately jumped to discussing what medication she thought our child should be on. She went on to give us incorrect information about the medication that she was prescribing i.e. telling us to break the pill in half if it was to strong. After looking on the medication website and literature it clearly says not to break the pill or chew the pill. If a lower dosage is needed, then we need a prescription for that dosage.Needless to say we will not be revisiting this office.