Dr. Athanasios Magimbi MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 9 reviews

March 26th, 2016
Super Dr.
Best doctor in the Country!!

October 20th, 2015
The best doctor you will ever see

March 29th, 2015
NO PEOPLE SKILLS WHAT SO EVER!!!
This is the worst place of business I have ever delt with!! The staff (including the dr) are so rude. They treat you like you are bothering them. They gave me the run around for weeks as I called to get my meds refilled... it got to the point that I actually went a week without my meds. The pain was non-stop. I would call and request a call back... not even once did they call me back! Then when I finally do get my meds they tell me that they have been sitting there for weeks and then stated that they have been trying to call me. I can't express enough on how rude and disrespectful these people are. They don't care about the needs of others. I'm saddened that this is a pain clinic because I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had to go without meds. If you are able to go somewhere else for treatment please do!! After a few appointments with this so called dr it became very clear that 1)He has NO idea what he's talking about! 2)He is unwilling to do anything other than keeping you loaded up on pain meds! Please save yourself the trouble, the time, and energy of being seen here!! You and you rbody are worth somuch more!!

February 20th, 2015
very unprofessional
Disrespectful, unprofessional, and extremely RUDE staff!!

February 12th, 2015
the doctor is friendly & helpful at first visits-I wAs impressed too. But if you have a difficult condition it's up to the patient to research answers. Dr Magimbi iuses his phony kindness to placate the patient telling them nothing more can be done for their condition when there actually are treatments available. Too busy making money to really help a suffering patient. more than once I've sat in the waiting room while a patient 'blows up ' at the receptionist(I believe she calls herself the manager) due to inability to get through by telephone, no return call, medication mix-ups, insurance issues or rude treatment. If she doesn't like you for any reason she simply won't return your calls. To make my last appt I had to report it to my attorney & was given an appt right away. she would do all the patients there suffering with painful conditions a favor if she would stay home. if you possibly have another option for a pain management clinic please choose it. To all those suffering with intolerable pain I wish you well. The doctors word is not the last. Research & be your own best advocate.

February 12th, 2015
Having been a health care professional for 25+ years I needed care.. please don't go near here..

April 9th, 2014
Not at all what I expected.
I was so hopeful when I got referred here, I even requested him as my PM dr. Had a friend who swore by him. The receptionist said he spends 45-60 mins on the 1st apt. I was so relieved, finally someone whos going to not only help me but listen too. Boy oh boy was I wrong! Didn't spend anytime with me, didn't listen to me, talked over me. He claimed my injury wouldn't cause pain. I've been told by any dr my back looks painful. I even cried at the apt bc sitting for even just 15 mins hurt too much. He says "I know, it hurts" in a tone as if to say "but I'm not going to help you" This apts costing me lots. He wants me to make another apt after I got upset, said he'd call my pharmacy to see what I'm taking. Nothing you JA that's why I am here. Told me he gives me permission to get meds from my PCP. If they wanted to they wouldn't have sent me here. Signed a stupid contract saying I wont get meds anywhere else, only there, yet I'm not getting anything there either! Maybe if your older he'll help you but if your young don't waste your time or $. Receptionist was great, real understanding, she felt bad I was crying.

September 14th, 2011
First visit, perfect!
He was running a little behind on my first visit, but my follow up was faster.He was very very friendly and cares for his patients.I've waited a long time for a Doctor in my area who had the education for cp patients, and knew about the medications for treatment.Thanks Dr Magimbi and Staff!

August 1st, 2011
Dr.Magimbi is the most caring thoughtful doctor I have ever met. He genuinely cares about your condition and finding the proper treatment. He is also very open and warm to family members who accompany their loved ones to a visit or at the hospital. I have never had a better doctor.