Dr. Athear Alrawi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Athear Alrawi?

July 5th, 2015

Cataract Surgery

In the beginning this doctor seemed very caring but I quickly found he was thinking of his pocket book. I was talked into a toric lens (expensive) for cataract surgery. The next day I had a problem with flashing lights & was told it would disappear. He quickly tried to get me to schedule the other eye for a toric lens. After 4 weeks the toric lens which was suppose to give 20/20 vision went blurry. He had no explanation & quickly tried to get me out of his office. I went to my optometrist who was surprised the doctor did the cataract surgery since my cataracts were in the early stage. He said I did not need a toric lens in the other eye or surgery. I went to Alwari in the 1st place due to strange spots & was told my cataracts were close to needing surgery. I had no symptoms & when I asked why he suggested surgery, he said it was very close to needing it. I trusted him. What a mistake. So greedy.

September 19th, 2014

Terrible Experience

I was able to get an appointment easy enough but would sit for hours waiting to seen for 5-10 minutes by the doctor. He is always in a rush asks if you have any questions as he walks out the door and you talk to his back. From my experience doesn't care too much to listen to his patients concerns and follows his own plan regardless. After a surgical mishap I spoke with his office because I called to cancel my 1st follow up because I was seeking emergency care for the 2nd time in less than 24hrs after surgery. I heard from the office not until the next day and I was on my own until I came in to see him again and again and then again to wait and wait and wait. I finally called asking if I should wait until my 2nd scheduled follow up and I was told no to come in sooner and was chastised about missing my first appointment and how important it was even though I had been in ER and had not heard from his office with what I should do... So to those other reviewers who feel the need to come to his defense, I welcome your views on how to defend the care or lack thereof that I experienced. I have learned a lot about my right to say NO!

March 23rd, 2013

Dr. Alrawi was well WORTH my time

I am writing this review after my friend told me that she was writing a review for Dr. Alrawi and noticed what seemed to her to be an unfair review of our eye doctor on this website. That first reviewer felt that Dr. Alrawi was quote-unquote a waste of your time. I find it hard to believe that someone could render such harsh judgement WITHOUT EVEN MEETING THE DOCTOR. In my experience, Dr. Alrawi is DEFINITELY worth the time (BTW, I never have had to wait longer than average for this doctor). He correctly diagnosed my eye problem after I had spent almost two years of wasted time and money with two other eye doctors. I was suffering from painful, red, swollen eyes and the other doctors prescribed expensive allergy drops, steroid drops, antibiotic drops, you name it without any improvement in my symptoms (in fact, one of the drops made my problem WORSE). Dr. Alrawi cured my problem in only a couple of weeks with an inexpensive game plan that included a $5 tube of medication. I would have gladly waited the whole day in the clinic for this cure (but I only spent about 15 minutes there for my first appointment)! He is the kind of doctor that you will love AND will refer your friends to.

March 21st, 2013

Great doctor

I think Dr. Alrawi is a great doctor. He spent the time to explain things thoroughly to me and has a nice bedside manner. The staff was excellent as well. Granted, I was there for a little while, but I needed to wait for my eyes to dilate before the doctor could examine the back of my eye. Dr. Alrawi was recommended to me by a friend, and I will gladly recommend him to my friends as well.

February 21st, 2013

As fast as it was to get an appointment, how disappointing the visit was. So I got there 25 minutes before the actual appointment to fill out paper work. Sat in the big waiting room for another 20 minutes. The technician came and got me, took me to a room and proceeded to do ALL the eye exam and tests. Then I taken to a second waiting room to wait - that took another 40 minutes before I was taken to another exam room just to wait for the Dr. to tell me the findings. This wait took another 25 minutes - while I am sitting waiting for this 1 hour and 5 minutes in the 2nd waiting room this Dr. was going around the building in and out of the exit door, come back in and wash his hands, then go see a PT. then repeat the same thing - in , out wash see pt. --he did this 5 times, I finally could not stand sitting there another minute. I went to the receptionist and asked where is the Dr.? she replied " you haven't been seen yet?" I told her NO..I went back to my exam room, waited another 15 minutes and then walked out of the business. There was NO EXCUSE why this Dr. could not see any of the patients who were in there waiting - on a timely basis. I give this Dr. a big thumbs down, he is in my opinion a "waste of your time" The star is for the staff.

May 31st, 2017