More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Athena Kourtis
Dr. Athena Kourtis, MD, PHD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with another office in Kennesaw, GA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Pediatrics. Dr. Kourtis is affiliated with Grady Memorial Hospital and Emory University School of Medicine. Dr. Kourtis has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Athena Kourtis has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism....
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
Dr. Athena Kourtis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Barbara Herwaldt
Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine
Atlanta, GA 0 mi26
Dr. Alyson Goodman
Atlanta, GA 0 mi9
Dr. Susan Cookson
Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, General Practice
Atlanta, GA 0 mi32