Dr. Athena Mason Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Athena Mason?

Posted on April 17th, 2015

Excellent Dr! Have been seeing her for years. She is caring , compassionate and smart!

Find another Doctor!

Posted on April 30th, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Mason for going on 9 years. The level of care from her has dropped significantly the past few years. I'm frustrated at myself for not finding another doctor sooner, but I am not one to Doctor hop. I just like to find one and stick with them. Plus I always put it off until I had a reason to go. It would be a novel if I listed all the things that I have been frustrated with in regards to my care from her. One thing after another. One time she charged me for an office visit during a physical that should have been a non-copay visit, just because we talked about an on going condition I have. Apparently a physical is not supposed to include conversation relating to anything other than what they deam neccessary for the physical? The last straw was my visit this week. I was made to feel discredited about what was going on with me. (history: I've had a partial hysterectomy and yet I was spotting/bleeding during urination.) Most likely a UTI but I worried about my kidneys because I have had kidney failure twice. She really just made me feel like I was over reacting. I'm not really the over reacting type. And I do NOT like being made to feel like my opinion of what is going on with my body is not valid. The whole visit felt rushed. Ended with her giving me a Rx (just in case) for macrobid and one for a yeast infection. And I was told that I wouldn't find out about my cultures until the following Tuesday. (this was on friday). Conclusion: I would NOT recommend her under ANY circumstance. Regrettably I had referred a friend to her a few years back and she had a horrible experience as well.

Posted on April 11th, 2012

Dr. Mason and her staff are wonderful. I wasn't there 5 minutes and they had me back (this doesnt happen all the time but usually dont have to wait long). They took the time to listen to me and address my problems. I thank her for being the caring doctor that she is.

Posted on January 13th, 2012

I really appreciate all the great things that Dr. Mason and her office have done for us. Julie is really wonderful.

No follow up on tests

Posted on February 24th, 2010

I had important heart monitoring tests and Dr. Mason never bothered to get the results of the tests. Some months later I realized that I had never received results (thankfully I was o.k. but how would she have known?). I called her office and was told "You should have called". If the test results proved adversely, I probably would not have been able to call. They have no follow up or care/concern for their patients. They also charge you interest on any unpaid balances and then claim you agreed to be charged interest on your initial paper work. This place is not the place to go if you want caring medical treatment.

Posted on July 4th, 2017