A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Athena Philis-Tsimikas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Athena Philis-Tsimikas is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Athena Philis-Tsimikas, MD is board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- She has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Clinical Research
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Philis-Tsimikas graduated from University Of Athens.
Dr. Philis-Tsimikas has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Scripps Green Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Athena Philis-Tsimikas MD is a female Internist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Athena Philis-Tsimikas practice?
- Dr. Athena Philis-Tsimikas has 8 office locations.
Dr. Athena Philis-Tsimikas practices Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA and La Mesa, CA.
See La Jolla Endocrinologists.