A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Athena Poppas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Athena Poppas is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Poppas
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Poppas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Athena Poppas, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- She has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Poppas graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Poppas has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Kent County Hospital
- Rhode Island Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Athena Poppas MD is a female Internist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Athena Poppas practice?
- Dr. Athena Poppas has 1 office location.
Dr. Athena Poppas practices Cardiovascular Disease near East Providence, RI.
See East Providence Cardiologists.