A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Athena Poppas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Athena Poppas is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Athena Poppas, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- She has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Poppas graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Poppas has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Kent County Hospital
- Rhode Island Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Athena Poppas MD is a female Internist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Athena Poppas practice?
- Dr. Athena Poppas has 10 office locations.
Dr. Athena Poppas practices Cardiovascular Disease near Providence, RI.
Additional practice locations include: East Greenwich, RI and Warren, RI.
See Providence Cardiologists.