Surgeons
Fountain Valley
18111 Brookhurst St
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
714-861-4666
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  dangerous  |  show details
by ann p on Aug 12th, 2014

unprofessional,dishonest, poor outcome saty away!!!

|  Awesome Experience  |  show details
by Vicky H. on Jun 9th, 2014

Having surgery can be a scary experience, but because of Dr. Iqbal's calming nature and positive outlook on how he could help me achieve my goals, I felt at ease with my final decision to weight loss surgery. Dr. Iqbal is very focused yet he has a warm and friendly bedside manor! The entire team in the office was informative and very helpful from pre-op staff to the nutritionist! Also,the hospital facilities and the staff were excellent as well, I must say I was very impressed and well taken care of!!!

|  show details
by Kelly Ellis on May 28th, 2014

I had gastric bypass Aug 20, 2013 it was the best thing I have done for myself. As of today May 28, 2014 (9 months) I have lost 95 pounds. I feel great and I am doing things I haven't been able to do for a while. I went swimming for the first time this weekend with my 8 year old girls, it was wonderful. I would like to thank Dr. Iqbal for his great work and helping me work to my goal. The staff is great they really make you feel comfortable. I highly suggest going to the support meetings you learn a lot. You don't have to participate if you don't want just listening to others stories is helpful. Thank you Dr. Iqbal, I feel great.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Krystyna M. on May 19th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal. Is a great doctor. I've been seeing him since summer of 2013 when I found out, I had the first stage of colon cancer. I was shocked, worried and devastated. My primary doctor, Dr. B, referred me to Dr.Iqbal. My doctor wanted me to have the best care. Dr.Iqbal removed the cancer in my colon in April2014 , while he was in there he noticed something else needed to be removed, he informed my husband and he removed it. He informed me of what was going on with my body, what needs to be done before and after the surgery. He's a caring doctor. I am grateful I have such great doctors who took great care of me at times like this. It also helped to be positive and open minded too.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Stefanie on May 17th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal saved my life! My band had slipped causing me to vomit everything I ate or drank. I couldn't even keep down water. I couldn't get an appointment with my original lap-band surgeon or ANY OTHER DR for that matter. I went 6 days without being able to keep anything down and felt weak and dehydrated. I spent over two hours trying to get a Dr to see me when I finally called Dr. Iqbal. He had never seen me as a patient, but when I told him my symptoms and that I could not keep anything down for many days, he told me to go straight to the Orange Coast Hospital ER and he would help me. I went into the ER and did not wait at all. He had sent my info down to the office and they admitted me right away. I had surgery to correct the slippage and now I feel amazing again. His PA Ashley WAS SOO WONDERFUL. His office staff is amazing, helpful, caring. I would've been dead within 24 hours if it weren't for Dr Iqbal. I can't say enough about how grateful I am for taking such great care of me.

|  Gastric Bypass Surgery  |  show details
by Jennifer on May 16th, 2014

Trusted Dr advice to diet prior to surgery helped ease possible complications, though after surgery constipation and bowel was an issue for me, DR helped me through it and got me back on my feet.

|  Dedicated  |  show details
by Robert Brazelton on May 14th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal has a genuine concern for whatever life issues are affecting you. He is authentically open minded, caring, empathetic, insightful and respectful of your feelings. His professional training blends well with these qualities and makes him an exceptional doctor and surgeon. Dr. Iqbal helped me change my life, and that is everything to me, my sincerest gratitude.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Fairuz Jalaludin on May 5th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal has been very helpful in answering all my question prior surgery. He helps me understand the risks and benefits of the surgery I'm doing (Bariatic Surgery). He helps reassures my nervousness about the surgery. Even though the surgery has some complication, post surgery was great, and he did follow up after surgery himself to make sure I am well and maintain the weight loss.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
May 1st, 2014

This doctor was not good. I was never seen by him while in the hospital after my bariatric procedure and the followup care was very poor. All of my additional appointments with him were rushed and useless. He typed on a computer the duration of the visits with very little communication. Each visit he had no idea who I was, my condition, or what I was there for. There was no interest in the post op complications I was experiencing, nor acknowledgement of the ongoing abdominal pain that still exists today. Lack of awareness and blatant disregard with unresolved post surgical issues. This surgeon was very disappointing.

|  LINX implant surgery  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. He was kind and considerate and very thorough. He made me feel like I was his only patient. He answered all my questions and I never had a problem getting into contact with him or getting appointments made. He really did everything he could to go out of his way for me. I had a LINX implant placed to help with issues of LPR. It worked great. 24 hours after surgery I had no pain. I was completely satisfied with every aspect of the surgery, recovery and Dr. Iqbal's care. I can't say enough about how great he is. I'm truly blessed to have him as my doctor.

|  business owner  |  show details
by tim black on Apr 3rd, 2014

very excellent care, great bedside manner, I would refer him to any friends or family, a great doctor who saved my life. im very greatful. very knowledgable doctor he knows what hes doing. I just wanna thank him personally. p.s. this is his daughter, I wanna thank him for saving my dads life :)

|  :)  |  show details
by Dijana NOVI SAD, SERBIA on Jul 5th, 2013

|  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Iqbal may be a good surgeon, but he is a horrible doctor. He did not look at my incisions after the surgery, and he seemed careless toward me when I went in for a follow up visit. The office staff does not appear to be competent, as I was sent for testing by them, and the two locations did not have any orders from the office. This was a very frustrating day. Also, a return to work notice was sent to the insurance carriers, but never to me!! I found out my release date by a letter in the mail from my insurance carrier, never received one from the office. This was very unprofessional.

|  This Dr Saved my life  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

This Dr was in my town of Malone, New York. I went to the E.R. in severe pain. Dr Iqbal, did emergency surgery on me for a perferated bowel. (It had been perferated the day before by another Dr during a routine colonoscopy). I thank god every single day for this Dr, He saved my life. I can never thank him enough