Apr 10th, 2015

I had the gastric sleeve surgery. I was asked to be there at 5:30 am and didn't even get to preop until 9 am. The nurses originally called back the wrong patient even showing me the patients wrist band with name and info (hello hippa violation) then when I was finally seen Dr Iqbal came in and told me I had a lapband that needed to be removed and then we were doing sleeve. I said no, I don't have a lapband. He said yes, Dr Jones put in a lapband and we are to remove it. I said NO! I don't have a lapband. He then looks at my chart and says oh, wrong patient. There's another patient with your same 1st name and told me her name and age...yet another hippa violation. After surgery I noticed a big indent in my main incision scar. When I went for my 2 week follow up (which to my understanding was to be with Dr Iqbal) he wasn't even there it was with his PA and when I showed him my indented scar he said "oh wow that's rare. No it can't be fixed but don't worry your excess skin you will develop will cover it."and argued other things with me as well. I immediately asked to see a surgeon who was Dr. Ali who told me after a year or so they would have to do a scar revision. I am beyond upset and VERY dissatisfied.

Thank you for saving My Life! show details Thank you for saving My Life!
Mar 22nd, 2015

If I could rate Dr. Iqbal with a higher rating that 5 stars, I would!!! He is the nicest and most compassionate surgeon ever! I was diabetic for 5 years and did not feel well. My health was deteriorating and I was having trouble keeping up with my then 18 year old daughter. I was referred to Dr. Iqbal by my primary care physician to explore the option of gastric bypass surgery to cure my diabetes. He was so nice and so knowledgeable during the consultation that I immediately felt at easy and knew that this was the way to go to improve my heath! He made me feel so good about all the possibilities that this surgery would open up for me. He was there every step of the way, including post surgery hospital visits! He came himself, he cared enough about me not to send his PA and that really meant alot. After recovery, I was cured of the diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol with in seven weeks and off ALL medication! It was indeed a miracle! Dr. Iqbal was so supportive, and proud of my success that even now 3 years later, I am always conscious of what I am doing and what I am eating so that he will be "proud" of me! This was the very best thing I could have done for my health! I lost 60 pounds and have kept it off for 3 years! I am exercising each and every day because I want to...not because I have to! Thank you so much, Dr. Iqbal, for helping me become healthy and literally saving my life! You are an amazing person and surgeon!

Highly Recommended Surgeon show details Highly Recommended Surgeon
by Nicole on Mar 13th, 2015

I was really nervous about having my gallbladder removed but at my conseltation Dr. Iqbal made me feel really comfortable about the procedure. I explained how I had been having this problem for a while and had just been in the emergency room for it and he understood the urgency and made sure to schedule me as soon as possible, even offering to do the surgery while on his lunch break! I was scheduled four days later! He fully explained biliary colic and the steps he takes to remove the gallbladder. He even drew a picture to help me understand what was going to happen which really helped to visualize the procedure and it put my mind at ease. He was very respectful and had great bedside manner. After surgery my family called the office before it was open and Dr. Iqbal answered the call and our questions, very impressive. I want to thank Dr. Iqbal again for treating me with such care! I would definitely go back if need be and recommend Dr. Iqbal to anyone.

by Debbie on Feb 26th, 2015

I have GERD and a hernia and for several years I have gone to doctors to help me. Dr. Farhadi referred me to Dr . Iqbal and that was the best thing for me. Dr. Iqbal new what my problem was and he talked to me about having Linx done. I have not felt this great in years. I would recommend this surgery to everyone. Dr. Iqbal is a very caring doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Iqbal!!!!!

Luxury Travel Advisor show details Luxury Travel Advisor
by TerryB on Feb 23rd, 2015

I had my surgery with Dr. Iqbal on October 8 and my results have been outstanding. I have gained myself and my health back. So far I have lost almost 40Ls and stopped taking cholesterol and blood pressure medication. The Iqbal was a great choice for me. He is a wonderful and caring physician. Dr Iqbal is understanding and very pleasant to talk to. During my appointments he always listen and answer my concerns with great details and patience. The pre and post appointments at his office were very informative and everything ran smoothly. My hospital stay was also great. I am very impressed with Dr. Iqbal and so is my general physician who is now referring patients to him. Highly highly recommended.

by Cindy R. on Feb 13th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Iqbal for hernia repair and acid reflux. He had several tests done to find that my stomach was in my chest cavity. He performed the surgery robotically. He is very knowledgable in his field. He was able to explain everything before surgery and than after surgery to my husband. It was more intense surgery than thought but he was able to take care of everything that was going on in my body. He and his staff are very kind and helpful. Dr. Iqbal is very kind, compassionate and cares about his patients. I no longer need to take acid reflux pills. Thank you Dr. Iqbal for your kindness, caring and compassion during my procedure and my recovery. I was able to call his office over the weekend during my recovery regarding some issues I was dealing with and they calmed me down and I was able to recover well at home. I would highly recommend this doctor for any medical procedures needed.

Internal hemmeroids surgery. show details Internal hemmeroids surgery.
Jan 16th, 2015

i was in great pain even after two weeks. Wished the office calls for follow up and checked on me. They called three days after the surgery, that was it. I was in great pain after the first week.

Best surgeon in the world!!!! show details Best surgeon in the world!!!!
by Denise Kirk on Dec 29th, 2014

Dr Iqbal is one of the kindest and highly skilled surgeons you can ever meet. He is so caring and compassionate. My surgery was a breeze because of him. We also live about an hour and twenty minutes away, but he is worth the commute! Thank you for being so wonderful Dr Iqbal!!!

by Dianna M on Sep 6th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal was very professional and always made me feel like I mattered. During office visits he was very thorough and was never rushed. He always took the time to answer my questions and concerns. He made my choice to go through my surgery a very positive experience.

dangerous show details dangerous
by ann p on Aug 12th, 2014

unprofessional,dishonest, poor outcome saty away!!!

Awesome Experience show details Awesome Experience
by Vicky H. on Jun 9th, 2014

Having surgery can be a scary experience, but because of Dr. Iqbal's calming nature and positive outlook on how he could help me achieve my goals, I felt at ease with my final decision to weight loss surgery. Dr. Iqbal is very focused yet he has a warm and friendly bedside manor! The entire team in the office was informative and very helpful from pre-op staff to the nutritionist! Also,the hospital facilities and the staff were excellent as well, I must say I was very impressed and well taken care of!!!

by Kelly Ellis on May 28th, 2014

I had gastric bypass Aug 20, 2013 it was the best thing I have done for myself. As of today May 28, 2014 (9 months) I have lost 95 pounds. I feel great and I am doing things I haven't been able to do for a while. I went swimming for the first time this weekend with my 8 year old girls, it was wonderful. I would like to thank Dr. Iqbal for his great work and helping me work to my goal. The staff is great they really make you feel comfortable. I highly suggest going to the support meetings you learn a lot. You don't have to participate if you don't want just listening to others stories is helpful. Thank you Dr. Iqbal, I feel great.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Krystyna M. on May 19th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal. Is a great doctor. I've been seeing him since summer of 2013 when I found out, I had the first stage of colon cancer. I was shocked, worried and devastated. My primary doctor, Dr. B, referred me to Dr.Iqbal. My doctor wanted me to have the best care. Dr.Iqbal removed the cancer in my colon in April2014 , while he was in there he noticed something else needed to be removed, he informed my husband and he removed it. He informed me of what was going on with my body, what needs to be done before and after the surgery. He's a caring doctor. I am grateful I have such great doctors who took great care of me at times like this. It also helped to be positive and open minded too.

by Stefanie on May 17th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal saved my life! My band had slipped causing me to vomit everything I ate or drank. I couldn't even keep down water. I couldn't get an appointment with my original lap-band surgeon or ANY OTHER DR for that matter. I went 6 days without being able to keep anything down and felt weak and dehydrated. I spent over two hours trying to get a Dr to see me when I finally called Dr. Iqbal. He had never seen me as a patient, but when I told him my symptoms and that I could not keep anything down for many days, he told me to go straight to the Orange Coast Hospital ER and he would help me. I went into the ER and did not wait at all. He had sent my info down to the office and they admitted me right away. I had surgery to correct the slippage and now I feel amazing again. His PA Ashley WAS SOO WONDERFUL. His office staff is amazing, helpful, caring. I would've been dead within 24 hours if it weren't for Dr Iqbal. I can't say enough about how grateful I am for taking such great care of me.

Gastric Bypass Surgery show details Gastric Bypass Surgery
by Jennifer on May 16th, 2014

Trusted Dr advice to diet prior to surgery helped ease possible complications, though after surgery constipation and bowel was an issue for me, DR helped me through it and got me back on my feet.

Dedicated show details Dedicated
by Robert Brazelton on May 14th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal has a genuine concern for whatever life issues are affecting you. He is authentically open minded, caring, empathetic, insightful and respectful of your feelings. His professional training blends well with these qualities and makes him an exceptional doctor and surgeon. Dr. Iqbal helped me change my life, and that is everything to me, my sincerest gratitude.

by Fairuz Jalaludin on May 5th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal has been very helpful in answering all my question prior surgery. He helps me understand the risks and benefits of the surgery I'm doing (Bariatic Surgery). He helps reassures my nervousness about the surgery. Even though the surgery has some complication, post surgery was great, and he did follow up after surgery himself to make sure I am well and maintain the weight loss.

Disappointing show details Disappointing
May 1st, 2014

This doctor was not good. I was never seen by him while in the hospital after my bariatric procedure and the followup care was very poor. All of my additional appointments with him were rushed and useless. He typed on a computer the duration of the visits with very little communication. Each visit he had no idea who I was, my condition, or what I was there for. There was no interest in the post op complications I was experiencing, nor acknowledgement of the ongoing abdominal pain that still exists today. Lack of awareness and blatant disregard with unresolved post surgical issues. This surgeon was very disappointing.

LINX implant surgery show details LINX implant surgery
Apr 30th, 2014

Dr. Iqbal is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. He was kind and considerate and very thorough. He made me feel like I was his only patient. He answered all my questions and I never had a problem getting into contact with him or getting appointments made. He really did everything he could to go out of his way for me. I had a LINX implant placed to help with issues of LPR. It worked great. 24 hours after surgery I had no pain. I was completely satisfied with every aspect of the surgery, recovery and Dr. Iqbal's care. I can't say enough about how great he is. I'm truly blessed to have him as my doctor.

business owner show details business owner
by tim black on Apr 3rd, 2014

very excellent care, great bedside manner, I would refer him to any friends or family, a great doctor who saved my life. im very greatful. very knowledgable doctor he knows what hes doing. I just wanna thank him personally. p.s. this is his daughter, I wanna thank him for saving my dads life :)

:) show details :)
by Dijana NOVI SAD, SERBIA on Jul 5th, 2013

Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Iqbal may be a good surgeon, but he is a horrible doctor. He did not look at my incisions after the surgery, and he seemed careless toward me when I went in for a follow up visit. The office staff does not appear to be competent, as I was sent for testing by them, and the two locations did not have any orders from the office. This was a very frustrating day. Also, a return to work notice was sent to the insurance carriers, but never to me!! I found out my release date by a letter in the mail from my insurance carrier, never received one from the office. This was very unprofessional.

This Dr Saved my life show details This Dr Saved my life
Apr 5th, 2011

This Dr was in my town of Malone, New York. I went to the E.R. in severe pain. Dr Iqbal, did emergency surgery on me for a perferated bowel. (It had been perferated the day before by another Dr during a routine colonoscopy). I thank god every single day for this Dr, He saved my life. I can never thank him enough