Dr. Atilla Ertan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Atilla Ertan?

Ego

Posted on October 12th, 2015

I have been his patient from last two years. But still I am not that comfortable with his treatment. I think he is a very good doctor but there are some fundamental issues with his office. Before he comes to see you his students will come and talk to you and they will note down your issue and explain it to him and he will some time not listen to you in case you want to add something. Once he has given a diagnosis and in case you have something else that could change is diagnosis then he will find it very difficult to change his first diagnosis. On one office visit he will say something and on the next office visit he will all together forget what he told on the last visit. And if you will remind him he will feel offended infront of his students. Any procedure is also not performed by him but his students he will just stay in the room to keep an eye on them. The reason for choosing such an expert Dr is that a patient needs his treatment and not his student been messing up things. The most problematic thing about him is he spends too little time to listen to the patient and just try to give treat in as little time as possible. It is not at all possible to reach him in case if you want to get his advice after procedure and you feel that these is some complication. He has ego.

The best!

Posted on June 25th, 2015

The best gastroenterologist there is; obviously loves helping people. Had multiple visits during work up but haven't been back as he solved my problem.

Posted on February 2nd, 2015

My doctor in Louisiana could not control my Crohn's disease. I had 20-30 bloody stools per day, had dramatic weight loss and could not eat. Out of desperation I drove to Houston to see Dr. Ertan. Dr. Ertan saved my life! He got me on the right medication which got my Crohn's under control. My last colonoscopy showed that I no longer had any active Crohn's disease, full remission! He's the best in the business.

patient

Posted on March 20th, 2014

He is an outstanding physician who has diagnosed my complex colitis and cured me so effectively. His professorship is so valuable to Houston commun ity

Best gastro md ever had

Posted on March 17th, 2014

This is the best GI MD have ever had. He was able to figure out my GI problems & got referral ASAP to top notch surgeon. He is so knowledgeable, and though has little bit accent, but don't be intimidated to ask him questions- because he is fully invested (in his patients) and will explain or repeat if needed. This is especially important if surgery is needed or issues are complicated. I sent all my family (who need GI care) to him. He is simply the best.

Posted on February 23rd, 2012

I feel like a child in a princiapal's office. Blames me and does not seem to want to help me.

Posted on November 23rd, 2011

He was referred by another gastroenterologist in LA,CA for my 8-10 years undiagnosed pancreatic disease and he diagnosed and managed very effectively my long-standing problem with two visits and one ERCP. I am so greatful this skillful and miracle man.

Exceptional Care

Posted on October 13th, 2011

Dr Ertan really was able to accurately diagnose my condition and get it under control. He was the third gastroenterologist I saw in 1 year. The other two doctors could not figure out what was causing my symptoms. Dr Ertan figured out almost immediately and began treatment as soon as possible. I feel better than I have felt in years! He deserves every accolade he has received. GREAT DOCTOR

Account Manager

Posted on August 23rd, 2011

Dr. Ertan is an expert in his field and has helped me recover / control my Crohn’s disease. I would highly recommend him.

Outstanding example of a real doctor!

Posted on August 22nd, 2011

Dr. Ertan brings tremendous technical knowledge with a true compassion for his patients. He also realizes that e "patient" is really an aggregate of the sick individual plus their family and caregivers. He was quick to offer his advice and support for me as he cared for my parents until their deaths.

This doctor is a joke.

Posted on April 17th, 2011

With him it was flare up after flare up. He never had good news for me and seemed like he knew nothing of what he was doing. After a horrible incident, I was told by another doctor Ertan was not giving me enough of a certain medicine... When i changed doctors he changed the documentation saying that he was giving the correct dosage! I felt horrible why would someone do something soo evil... Do not waste your time with him and his rude staff!

Terrible experience