Dr. Atilla Ertan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 12th, 2015
Ego
I have been his patient from last two years. But still I am not that comfortable with his treatment. I think he is a very good doctor but there are some fundamental issues with his office. Before he comes to see you his students will come and talk to you and they will note down your issue and explain it to him and he will some time not listen to you in case you want to add something. Once he has given a diagnosis and in case you have something else that could change is diagnosis then he will find it very difficult to change his first diagnosis. On one office visit he will say something and on the next office visit he will all together forget what he told on the last visit. And if you will remind him he will feel offended infront of his students. Any procedure is also not performed by him but his students he will just stay in the room to keep an eye on them. The reason for choosing such an expert Dr is that a patient needs his treatment and not his student been messing up things. The most problematic thing about him is he spends too little time to listen to the patient and just try to give treat in as little time as possible. It is not at all possible to reach him in case if you want to get his advice after procedure and you feel that these is some complication. He has ego.

June 24th, 2015
The best!
The best gastroenterologist there is; obviously loves helping people. Had multiple visits during work up but haven't been back as he solved my problem.

February 1st, 2015
My doctor in Louisiana could not control my Crohn's disease. I had 20-30 bloody stools per day, had dramatic weight loss and could not eat. Out of desperation I drove to Houston to see Dr. Ertan. Dr. Ertan saved my life! He got me on the right medication which got my Crohn's under control. My last colonoscopy showed that I no longer had any active Crohn's disease, full remission! He's the best in the business.

March 19th, 2014
patient
He is an outstanding physician who has diagnosed my complex colitis and cured me so effectively. His professorship is so valuable to Houston commun ity

March 17th, 2014
Best gastro md ever had
This is the best GI MD have ever had. He was able to figure out my GI problems & got referral ASAP to top notch surgeon. He is so knowledgeable, and though has little bit accent, but don't be intimidated to ask him questions- because he is fully invested (in his patients) and will explain or repeat if needed. This is especially important if surgery is needed or issues are complicated. I sent all my family (who need GI care) to him. He is simply the best.

February 23rd, 2012
I feel like a child in a princiapal's office. Blames me and does not seem to want to help me.

November 23rd, 2011
He was referred by another gastroenterologist in LA,CA for my 8-10 years undiagnosed pancreatic disease and he diagnosed and managed very effectively my long-standing problem with two visits and one ERCP. I am so greatful this skillful and miracle man.

October 13th, 2011
Exceptional Care
Dr Ertan really was able to accurately diagnose my condition and get it under control. He was the third gastroenterologist I saw in 1 year. The other two doctors could not figure out what was causing my symptoms. Dr Ertan figured out almost immediately and began treatment as soon as possible. I feel better than I have felt in years! He deserves every accolade he has received. GREAT DOCTOR

August 23rd, 2011
Account Manager
Dr. Ertan is an expert in his field and has helped me recover / control my Crohn’s disease. I would highly recommend him.

August 21st, 2011
Outstanding example of a real doctor!
Dr. Ertan brings tremendous technical knowledge with a true compassion for his patients. He also realizes that e "patient" is really an aggregate of the sick individual plus their family and caregivers. He was quick to offer his advice and support for me as he cared for my parents until their deaths.

April 17th, 2011
This doctor is a joke.
With him it was flare up after flare up. He never had good news for me and seemed like he knew nothing of what he was doing. After a horrible incident, I was told by another doctor Ertan was not giving me enough of a certain medicine... When i changed doctors he changed the documentation saying that he was giving the correct dosage! I felt horrible why would someone do something soo evil... Do not waste your time with him and his rude staff!

July 12th, 2010
Totally Ignored
I was referred to this doctor upon release of the hospital. I was still in very weak condition and was told this doctor would evaluate me for readmission and testing at Methodist. It took all the energy I had to get to his office in the medical center. He had a PA do my interviews and barely skimmed my medical records. When I asked for clarification on things he said he asked me how many years of medical school I attended. In addition to suggesting probiotic formula that I am allergic to he suggested I see a shrink. I was there for weakness and weight loss despite eating sufficient calories and he prescribed medicine to increase my appetite. I was in tears when I left his office. This was one of the worst experiences I have had with a doctor.