Dr. Abubakar Durrani Is this you?

Neutral

May 6th, 2014

DO NOT SEE MR. DURRANI. I BEG YOU TO FIND A REAL SPINE SURGEON AND NOT A MONEY HUNGRY SNAKE.

October 23rd, 2013

Can't be trusted

Can't call him a doctor so I'll refer to him as "Durrani". He has ruined mine and my husbands lives. He cannot be trusted. Please call elsewhere, don't fall for his appealing personality... it changes once he has destroyed your way of life. Second opinions are crucial if you are already involved with Durrani.

April 5th, 2013

botched surgery

Please google lawsuits before seeing this doctor. I'm so much worse after his surgery, I regret the surgery and wish I'd never been referred to him.

March 11th, 2013

Bad medicine

He is not a good doctor. I am having worse pain than ever after having a L4-5 L5-1 fusion surgery. Waited hours in office and waited hours in hospital before he finally did my surgery. The last time I saw Dr Durrani, he said he needed to do another disc to get rid of my pain. I can't believe how many people in these reviews have had several surgeries and don't see anything weird about that. I will never go back to Dr Durrani, and already have an appointment with another doctor.

February 26th, 2013

Horrible Experience

Just a horrible experience. Rude doctor and pushed me hard for surgery. I DONT RECOMMEND ANY ONE GOING TO HIM!!

February 22nd, 2013

Even though the wait time was a little long, I'd say 110% for sure that it has been and will continue to be worth it. I have had 2 surgeries with him so far, including an L4-L5 fusion. Before each surgery, I was presented with many different options and we thoroughly discussed each option. I chose to have the 2 surgeries, and it was the best thing I could have done. I have also had multiple steroid injections which have helped a lot as well. As long as I take care of myself, I don't have much pain at all whereas before I was in so much pain that even laying down was painful and I could hardly stand for 10 minutes a day. Surgery is not a fix-all. People need to realize that once you have a spine/neck injury, it cannot and will not go back to the way it was before the injury - even with surgery - so you will have some pain. You can't give up. Just because one treatment works for someone does not mean that it will work for everyone. I have never had a problem conveying my thoughts with Dr. Durrani, and he has always explained things to me so that I could understand, no matter how many different ways he had to explain them. I fully support Dr. Durrani and am honored to have him as my surgeon.

Definitely Recommend Dr. Durrani

Dr. Durrani was the only Dr that finally got me out of pain. 3 surgeries. Two lumbar, one cervical. He has always listened and been ready to help. I felt in good hands and now life is so much better without the back pain.

patient

I walked in he looked at my mri and said when would you like to have surgery? I was shocked I said are there alternatives he said theres a shot you can have for the pain but it doesn't really work for people. I told him I would have to think about this. I immediately called and scheduled with my MD to explain that nothing was explained to me at Dr Durrani's visit and could he pulled the notes and explain what my injuries are and the available treatments; I have since explored other option and received a referral from my MD for treatment. I choose to not have surgery as of now and do not hold anything related to that in regards to Dr Durrani except for the rudeness of the receptionist, the 2 hour wait, no explanation of a diagnosis; once I finish consulting with new specialist I will follow-up post if the quick determination for surgery was appropriate.

February 21st, 2013

total pain

I am still in pain from the surgery he performed on my back and my neck its like something has grown on my right side i would never wish the kid of surgery done by DR Durrani ever I am in pain every day from the surgery Instead of fixing it he made it worst so passel make sure you do not let him do this to you what he done to me, I am even staring to lose balance in my right leg dr

August 27th, 2012

Had to have Emergency Surgery at the age of 16

I had to have emergency at the age of 16,I was seeing doctor after doctor out of Cin Childrens and they kept saying I was born with the feet problem and not to worry finally they sent me to this doctor after the x rays and mri they did.I had 2 discs cutting off my spinal cord he said I had about 2 wks or I would had been paralyzed from the waist down and never to walk again,and said to me and my family the doctors that I kept seeing should have sent me to him right away.Now sadly enough it was to late for my nerve damage but he did great with my surgery took a long time to start walking cause I was weak as most likely normal,I wished I got to him a lot earlier and he could had fixed my nerve damage or maybe had repaired it some.

April 28th, 2012

Ten years ago at the age of 21 I found out that I had degenerative Disc disease and the doctor I was seeing at the time told me that I was too young to have any surgeries at that time. And I agreed with him. So to help with the pain I took meds and did PT. So after about a year of seeing him he said that he had done all he could do and that I would have the pain the rest of my life and my discs were deteriorating at a rapid rate. He said eventually you will need a spinal fusion and artificial disc replacement. So he sent me on to a pain management to monitor me on all the meds I was taking. Then after another year they sent me on to someone else and then I didnt have any insurance so I was stuck for years to just deal with the pain and many trips to the emergency rooms. I was taking by ambulance because I couldnt walk at times and the pain was so so bad. I had so many epidural injections and facet block injections from all the prior doctors. I seen surgeons and they kept telling me you need surgery but with no insurance i couldnt afford the surgeries. So in 2010 I started seeing a new pain management cause I got new insurance and he referred me last year to see Durrani. yeah the wait time in the office was a little long but that was because when he talks to his patients he took his time with them. I mean he talks loud and you can hear him explaining and listening to the patients. And when he explains to you what needs to be done you have a choice in the matter to do it or not. Well this year I had my first surgery at the L5 S1 to remove part of a disc that was herniated to relieve my leg pain. After surgery the leg pain was gone then I started PT and I was having a little pain but thought it was from just starting therapy. I went to my next visit and told him that I was just having to much pain. He ordered me a MRI i had that done within 2 days I was back in his office and he showed me where I had 2 more discs herniated fully blown out and that was why I was having all the pain. So now next week is my next surgery and I am having the artificial discs put in and a fusion with 2 screws. Doctorc do thier surgeries and sometimes they dont work and sometimes they do that is just the risk you take when you go under the knife. I knew this day would come for me and the surgeries I would have to have and I had many doctors tell me this. Just like any other surgeries you have to follow to the tee what they want you to do after surgery and I think the CAST crew and Durrani are great.

April 17th, 2012

DR Durrani is one of the best doctor i have ever visit , have full command on his profession and also a nice human being