Cardiothoracic Surgeon
1540 S Tamiami Trl
Ste 303
Sarasota, FL 34239
941-917-8791
Locations and availability (1)

|  PhD.  |  show details
by Gary Roberts on Jun 26th, 2014

Exceptional Surgeon.

|  mitral valve repair-43 yrs old  |  show details
by Mark Bender on Jul 16th, 2013

I was told I had a leaking valve that needed repair. I knew I was in the right town, because my wife use to work on the cardiac floor at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. I looked in to the options for this procedure and my Primary doctor and Cardiac Doctor, recommended Dr. Rehman. He came very highly recommended and his credentials are impressive. He performed a mini thoracotomy to repair the valve. I only have a few small scars from it. He was very informative from the beginning and through out the procedure. He was very kind and patient with us. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  DR Atiq Rehman's excitement in his field is refreshing  |  show details
by Denise Dunmire on May 8th, 2013

My mother was in serious heart failure when she was admitted to Sarasota Memorial last fall. I immediately prayed that God would would find her a knowledgeable and skillful physician. Miles away in Western PA my sister and myself received a call from Dr Rehman that he was going to perform emergency robotic surgery. I am not sure if he knew what he was going to find at the time but he was successful in saving my mothers life. His staff and him were professional and very watchful of my mom while she was recovering in the hospital. By going in her side and not the chest cavity she healed that much faster physically. If I was not already impressed by the high scale surgery I was completely blown away when I went along with my mother on her first doctors office visit. Dr. Rehman unlike other physicians was so approachable and excited about his field of medicine. You can tell he thoroughly believes and loves what he does. He took the time to explain how he went in and described in a way I could understand what he did. I am just so fortunate that my mother was in Sarasota and fell into the hands of this wonderful DR,,

|  Caring Surgeon  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

Performed aortic valve replacement. I trust him and would recommend him to anyone needing similar surgery.

|  Dr. Rehman is a great surgeon.  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

I had a heart attack and was rused to Sarasota Memorial Hospital. I was pretty far gone when Dr. Rehman took over. He took charge, operated, and saved my life. I really cannot say enough about him as a great surgeon and a very good man.

|  Cannot Recommend  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

Not that long ago Sarasota had more quality physicians than you would expect for such a small area. For whatever reason, it seems that there was an exodus where some of our best doctors left to practice in other areas of the country or at least in other hospitals. Dr Rehman was one of those recruited to fill the void that was left. I think we would forgive Dr Rehman's bedside manner, if he was a genius. Unfortunately we can't say that he is; fortunately we can't say he is not.What I do appreciate is his frankness and modesty, which caused us to travel out of the region receive a higher quality and standard of care.