Overall Review

no change

January 12th, 2016
Surgery
I was suffering from sciatic pain 24 / 7 for months. DR.SARKAR was confident that he could help me. I had 3 procedures done a laminectomy., microdisectomy and faciotomy. The doctor and his staff were very good a explaining all that would be done. After surgery he was there to talk to both me and my husband. I was extremely nervous about the whole procedure..Dr.Sarkar and his P.A. Laurie.made me feel so comfortable. I am almost two weeks out and I do not have that pain down my leg. The healing process is a little rough but my meds make it managable. I would tell anyone If they were having pain to go to this wonderful team..I am super satisfied and grateful my pain is gone. Thanks to everyone who helped with my surgery. God Bless

November 4th, 2015
Drawer Clerk
Doctor did an great job with my EQ outline. I was scared the first couple years I looked at, but after a while I became content. God is good! The other tuition, petition, and eeg folks are awesome as well. This awesome is great and so are the other employees who work with the procedure. Thanks for everything.

March 15th, 2015
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy Surgery
Dr did my epilepsy brain surgery. He was the best in the business. Care and helping is his goal. A fabulous person.

January 9th, 2014
Very professional with a great personality!
Dr. Sarkar did "everything" possible to perform my surgery including coming in on a day that was not in his schedule. His bedside manners are so that I felt like I knew him from day one. On the day of my " long" surgery, he spoke to me before & after surgery & let my husband know what was happening every step of the way. I would recommend Dr. Sarkar to anyone that needs a fantastic neurosurgeon!

September 5th, 2013
Exceptional Doctor
I took my Aunt for her appointments and surgery with Dr. Sarkar after a lesion was found on her left front temporal lobe. Dr. Sarkar was very personable and spent time getting to know his patients and answering our concerns/questions. I believe he genuinely cares for his patient's a great deal and is very thorough in conveying his recommendations, reasoning and potential outcomes. My Aunt's surgery was a success, and she recovered quite well.

August 26th, 2010
I believe Dr. Sarkar could have done better. I took my mother there at a recommendation from her family doctor. They had found a lesion in her brain. The could not do a proper MRI, so the decided to do a brain biospy. They should have done a full body CT-scan (I think they didn't because it is cheaper to do a brain biospy) because the tumor originated in her kidney. He didn't even handle it, and it was in a very delicate area of the brain. He let students take care of all of it. She had a bleed... and was never the same again. We were not informed of the possibility of brain damage. He acted like it was very standard and everything would be fine. Also, when he told my mother she had a brain tumor, he said she would most likely die, and then compared her death to an OSU football game, saying that it was possible for "insert horrible football team name here" team to win, but not likely... just like my mother to get better. It was possible, but not likely. I wish I had never taken her to OSU as a whole. After her brain biopsy, I was flipping through her chart, and found a different woman's test results in there. When I showed the staff, they took them out, and didn't even act like that was a very important mistake. I was shocked by this.

March 2nd, 2009
UNDERSTANDING BRAIN TUMOR
THE DOCTOR WAS VERY CARING AND HAD VERY A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR WHICH IS VERY GOOD

November 14th, 2008
Dr Sarkar is definitly one of the few doctors that pays attention to the whole patient. My wife and i have nothing but the fullest respect and regard for him. He saves more than a life, but the person too.