Dr. Atul Gawande Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Atul Gawande?

October 11th, 2016

Reader of your book BEING MORTAL

It is very powerful, affecting, giving information and mainly narrating personal experiences, most memorable wonderful book. It gives great pleasure and brought some of the events of my life in memory. You are lucky to have such grandparent and parents and you have portrayed their old age in detail. This will be provide guidance to all of us. Thank you very much and hope to read such books from you.

June 10th, 2014

In my 43 years, I can only think of two doctors who have truly made a difference to me - Dr. Gawande is one of them. I went to Dr. Gawande as a second opinion about having a thyroidectomy because of suspicious thyroid cancer. He sat me down and explained there was nothing suspicious about it. He was firm in his belief of what I should have done, but compassionate and understanding. He treated me as a person rather than a number. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and sometimes more than once. In the time leading up to surgery, he always quickly responded to my emails and even called me once to reassure my fears. On the day of surgery, he came out and met my family and again and answered all of their questions. After surgery, not only did his nurse call and check in with me, but he called to check up on me himself - not once, but twice. One of those calls came two months following the procedure. His assistant was just as spectacular! Gawande makes you feel as if you are the first patient he's ever had when in fact, he has more experience in thyroidectomies than any of the doctors in my small town area did combined.

February 21st, 2013

I cannot say enough about Dr. Gawande.He is wonderful !!!

July 15th, 2008