Dr. Atul Jain MD Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

no change

September 29th, 2015
DR. Jain saved my right eye--and he is just such a great Dr.--makes you feel so at ease.

April 25th, 2015
MS
I saw Dr. Jain today, I did not know that I was at risk of going blind due to my retinal tear which was diagnosed yesterday by a regular ophthalmologist. She said that I could see a specialist in the next week for treatment. Instead, at San Diego Retina, I was lucky to see Dr. Jain and treated not only the same day, but within the same hour. Thank you.

November 27th, 2014
I can see again!
Saw Dr. Jain as an emergency patient on Friday morning. He operated on me during his lunch hour and saw me the next day to make sure my surgery went well. I don't know many docs who would come in on a Saturday but I am so happy I was lucky enough to find Dr. Jain.

September 8th, 2013
Worth the Wait
I saw Dr. Jain for a retinal tear that it was mis-diagnosed by 2 surgeons (both vitreo-retinal) in OC. I made the hike to see Dr. Jain at the behest of one of my law partners and was delighted at his down-to-earth attitude and style. He correctly diagnosed and treated me within the same afternoon (I did get a fourth opinion a few days after treatment to be sure it was appropriate and correct). The sign of an excellent physician is not just a packed waiting room, but one full of patients who don't mind the wait ... which is always the case when I see Dr. Jain. Keep up the good work!

August 13th, 2013
MD
Interesting comment below, I saw Dr. Jain on an emergent basis for something very similar (a retinal tear), and he was kind enough to work me into his busy schedule the same morning. He correctly diagnosed condition and treated it within 1-2 hours. Yes, the procedure was uncomfortable, but I was warned of this and did just fine. At most the procedure is a 4-5/10 on the pain scale for the 4-5 minutes it takes. I have since referred him several patients who are all extremely pleased by his excellent care. As a physician myself I understand how difficult it is to work in emergencies and am grateful that I did not lose my vision. Also, do not even attempt to compare this procedure to the 'R' word, being in OB-GYN, I can assure you that they are worlds apart and do no even merit any comparison.

April 13th, 2013
Great doctor!!!
I was seen by another retina doctor in the area and went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. I felt so at ease with him -- he explained everything fully and took time to answer all of my questions. His staff was also very kind, polite, and professional. I now see him every 6 weeks for injections and am now seeing much better. My vision has not only stabilized but improved to the point that I can now read the newspaper. Go "see" Dr Jain!

April 12th, 2013
Patient
I only have one eye and was scared to death when I lost all my vision in it. Dr. Jain kindly evaluated me and performed emergent surgery the same night, and thanks to him I can once again work, drive, and see.

February 14th, 2013
Corporate Director
I was referred to Dr Jain by my eye doctor for a detached retina. Dr Jain was very detailed in explaining my options and potential outcomes. He spent all the time I needed listening to my questions and concerns about the surgery. Then during the procedure he explained each step and I was put at ease during the entire procedure. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him if I had questions during the days after the surgery. The procedure was successful and my vision is improving daily. If you have problems with your eyes and need a skilled professional physician Dr Jain is who you should choose,