Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  A life saver  |  show details
by Richard Ulrich on Jan 25th, 2014

When he heard my symptoms he gave me a quick professional examination and got me in for a sonogram biopsy (with anesthetic) right away. When all 12 cores came back positive for prostate cancer he scheduled me for surgery very quickly. The DaVinci surgery went well, he got me started on the chemo as soon as the catheter was removed and set me up with an affiliate radiation oncologist right away. As soon as I had recovered enough from the surgery I got radiation and am getting regular PSA/testosterone tests to make sure the chemo is working correctly. He is a surgeon first and foremost, saving lives is obviously top priority to him. Once he has you on track he depends on his office staff to carry you on your treatment program. Urgent & emergency cases arrive unexpectedly though and that delays appointments, as do unexpected delays due to surgical complications on days when he is in surgery. As with any other medical situation the patient must take on some responsibility for their own care. I educated myself about the potentially fatal illness I had acquired, asked the questions I needed answers to and took control of my own care in partnership with Dr Rashperkar's guidance. This has worked out well for me thus far. My treatment is on schedule, my cancer is in remission and I am very satisfied with Dr Rashperkars performance.

|  patient  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2013

Because of the number of patients scheduled in one day the amount of time spent with me was very short and seemed to hurried to answer questions that concerned me.