Thankful for his care show details Thankful for his care
by Lee Reynolds on Dec 23rd, 2014

To whom it may concern: just a quick note and then my letter to Dr. Rajpurkar, who I wrote 10 days after surgery having never spending one day in any type of hospital in my life, I recently spent five days each at two different ones facing a bladder problem that was difficult to diagnose. Dr. Rajpurkar my surgeon, whom I had never met found a mass on my right kidney that concerned him very much, the bladder problem totally unrelated to the mass was found while he was scanning a CAT scan at 3 AM. In the morning I had a cancerous kidney that if it wasn't detected by him could've ended my life. to this day and for the rest of my life I will hold his knowledge, his experience in his field and his wonderful bedside manner ever so close to my heart Dr. Rajpurkar is not only an excellent surgeon but a very caring human being. Sincerely, Lee J Reynolds. Dear Dr. Rajpurkar, This is one thank you letter that honestly could've been 20 pages long! But I know how busy you are so I'm going to try and make this short and to the point. I can't express my thankfulness and gratitude for basically saving my life! There is nothing I can say or do to thank you enough. I know you'd say that's what you do for a living or that's what you were trained to do but those three wonderful children I have and my loving sister and mom and dad are extremely grateful that you do what you do. Thanks, Dr. Rajpurkar for your excellent hands-on care and honestly deep down I might not of expressed it but I feel very much at ease since the moment we met. Like I said, from the bottom of my heart and kidney I can't thank you enough, you're very grateful patient and all the best to you - Lee

A life saver show details A life saver
by Richard Ulrich on Jan 25th, 2014

When he heard my symptoms he gave me a quick professional examination and got me in for a sonogram biopsy (with anesthetic) right away. When all 12 cores came back positive for prostate cancer he scheduled me for surgery very quickly. The DaVinci surgery went well, he got me started on the chemo as soon as the catheter was removed and set me up with an affiliate radiation oncologist right away. As soon as I had recovered enough from the surgery I got radiation and am getting regular PSA/testosterone tests to make sure the chemo is working correctly. He is a surgeon first and foremost, saving lives is obviously top priority to him. Once he has you on track he depends on his office staff to carry you on your treatment program. Urgent & emergency cases arrive unexpectedly though and that delays appointments, as do unexpected delays due to surgical complications on days when he is in surgery. As with any other medical situation the patient must take on some responsibility for their own care. I educated myself about the potentially fatal illness I had acquired, asked the questions I needed answers to and took control of my own care in partnership with Dr Rashperkar's guidance. This has worked out well for me thus far. My treatment is on schedule, my cancer is in remission and I am very satisfied with Dr Rashperkars performance.

patient show details patient
Sep 20th, 2013

Because of the number of patients scheduled in one day the amount of time spent with me was very short and seemed to hurried to answer questions that concerned me.