Dr. Atul Walia DO Patient Reviews

• Anesthesiology Oklahoma City, OK

• Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2017
Dr. Walia has been nothing but kind and he seems to care a lot about his patients. I really appreciate his knowledge about back problems and how to deal with them.

May 10th, 2017
Excellent!
He takes time, great bedside manner. Would highly recommend him!

May 30th, 2016
Excellent doctor and very caring. He is more into procedures than pain meds and that is exactly what I wanted.

October 20th, 2015
Very professinal concern & caring dressed like a Doctor should dress.

April 23rd, 2015
Good physician but,
Dr. Walia is a very capable and knowledgeable physician, but his office staff is horrible. They are very unorganized and frustrating to deal with and just them alone have tempted to switch.

March 11th, 2015
I have seen a few other pain management physicians in OKC and can honestly say that Dr. Atul Walia is by far the best. He listens to everything I have to say. He gives me options and most of all realizes that there are multiple different factors involved in chronic pain. He wants to address them all not just treat it with a pain medication. I really respect that which showed me he is the right doctor for me.

February 12th, 2015
Entire staff very comforting. The doctor was what I call "Real", he listened and treated me like a human that had every reason to be in pain and was more than willing to help me through the process of pain management.

February 3rd, 2015
This doctor is an idiot. He flat out told me he could treat me, the treatment would help but then said he wasn't going to do it. Then told me he'd bring back some exercises for me to do, left the room and never came back. He offered zero help for my condition, not even advice. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

July 19th, 2014
Dr. Walia is excellent
He took over my daughter's case after she had back surgery. He got her functioning again without the horrible side effects from all the pain medicines that the surgeon had placed her on.

May 22nd, 2014
Not Recommended
Referred to by one other reviewer as an "egotistical young man who thinks he knows all" is hitting the nail on the head. He thinks he understands pain, but he does not. His bed-side manner condescending, insulting and is among the worst I've encountered. I would not recommend him.

January 27th, 2014
Nice guy act at first then true colors come out
I started seeing dr. Walia a couple of months ago after an accident in 08 and going to another dr for years and wanting a second opinion. The first visit I was so happy that I found a dr that "got it" he understood my pain how it effected my life and was eager to help. I was so happy I was in tears....then after new medication I felt great pain level down and he said he really thought the spinal Nero stimulator would be a great option for me. Did have to switch meds as the copay was so expensive so the next time I came in was to schedule and med check. He gave me morphine and after a few weeks I had a migraine from it for about a week and a half then making it worse the day I was scheduled to get the sns he was apparently sick and I was in a serious accident. Someone ran a red light at a high speed and hit me. Making new and current pain worse. Canned the nurse bc I hadn't got new meds yet and with the new injury wanted to make sure I was taking the right meds. Scheduled to come in to Yukon office at 9:45 and with all my pain especially from the accident I waited over an hour. I go into the room. Try to relax and I had a few tears coming down because it was my first day out this long. He comes in an apparently felt my pain had to do with my emotional state bc he saw me sad one time then happy (pain meds working) then today after a long waiting and horrible accident. And then he proceeded to tell me that he was also in an accident rear ended on Friday. Like we were comparing scary stories??? He made me feel like I was 2 years old as he spoke down to me. Very very very upset will never go or refer this egotistical young man who thinks he knows all. Next time your having a bad Monday maybe don't take it out on your patients!
Doctor's Response

Dr. Walia is the type of physician who is going to go out of his way to do everything for the patient. Especially if the patient is wanting to make dangerous choices such as utilizing narcotics and consistently requesting more. Sometimes these patients do not understand that he is recommending and saying things for their own safety. They ultimately are not willing to listen because they do not get what they want.

May 18th, 2011
Awesome Doctor ~ none better!
Dr. Walia gave me epidural injections for intervention pain management. He is meticulous has my 100% confidence, important when someone is putting a needle in your back. I wish he did long term / chronic pain management.