inactive

Atul Walia DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

June 22nd, 2016
Worst doctor i have ever been to
This was the by far worst experience i have ever had with a doctor. I am 21 with severe pain in my back shoulder and neck. I was told to go to Dr Walia because he is an incredible doctor who wouldn't stop until he was able to diagnose my pain and help me get my life back. my first appointment with him he told me nothing about what i was saying seemed to make sense, and that he just had no idea where to even start. He told me that "I reminded him of his 4 year old daughter that cried for a week over a scraped knee", and that i have "an unrealistic perception of pain" and that "his ankle hurts everyday but he doesn't complain about it". After my mom and i tried to get him to see that i had very very real severe pain he decided he would have me do an MRI on my brain and neck. which he saw nothing. although since then i have had another MRI on my neck and have a slipped disk in my C-6. A couple appointments later my mom suggested to him going into the direction of auto-immune diseases specifically fibromyalgia and he said there was absolutely no way that was the problem and he ended up referring me to a therapist because he thinks its literally all in my head. I ended up going to the therapist more just for myself because at that point i just didn't know how to handle being so miserable all the time. Dr Walia is the most belittling doctor i've ever been to, and has given me a LOT of anxiety and doubt about trying to pursue other doctors in an answer to my pain. I'm now going to a rheumatoid arthritis doctor who is treating this in the direction of fibromyalgia

May 30th, 2016
Excellent doctor and very caring. He is more into procedures than pain meds and that is exactly what I wanted.

October 20th, 2015
Very professinal concern & caring dressed like a Doctor should dress.

April 23rd, 2015
Good physician but,
Dr. Walia is a very capable and knowledgeable physician, but his office staff is horrible. They are very unorganized and frustrating to deal with and just them alone have tempted to switch.

March 10th, 2015
I have seen a few other pain management physicians in OKC and can honestly say that Dr. Atul Walia is by far the best. He listens to everything I have to say. He gives me options and most of all realizes that there are multiple different factors involved in chronic pain. He wants to address them all not just treat it with a pain medication. I really respect that which showed me he is the right doctor for me.

February 12th, 2015
Entire staff very comforting. The doctor was what I call "Real", he listened and treated me like a human that had every reason to be in pain and was more than willing to help me through the process of pain management.

February 2nd, 2015
This doctor is an idiot. He flat out told me he could treat me, the treatment would help but then said he wasn't going to do it. Then told me he'd bring back some exercises for me to do, left the room and never came back. He offered zero help for my condition, not even advice. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

July 18th, 2014
Dr. Walia is excellent
He took over my daughter's case after she had back surgery. He got her functioning again without the horrible side effects from all the pain medicines that the surgeon had placed her on.

May 21st, 2014
Not Recommended
Referred to by one other reviewer as an "egotistical young man who thinks he knows all" is hitting the nail on the head. He thinks he understands pain, but he does not. His bed-side manner condescending, insulting and is among the worst I've encountered. I would not recommend him.

January 27th, 2014
Nice guy act at first then true colors come out
I started seeing dr. Walia a couple of months ago after an accident in 08 and going to another dr for years and wanting a second opinion. The first visit I was so happy that I found a dr that "got it" he understood my pain how it effected my life and was eager to help. I was so happy I was in tears....then after new medication I felt great pain level down and he said he really thought the spinal Nero stimulator would be a great option for me. Did have to switch meds as the copay was so expensive so the next time I came in was to schedule and med check. He gave me morphine and after a few weeks I had a migraine from it for about a week and a half then making it worse the day I was scheduled to get the sns he was apparently sick and I was in a serious accident. Someone ran a red light at a high speed and hit me. Making new and current pain worse. Canned the nurse bc I hadn't got new meds yet and with the new injury wanted to make sure I was taking the right meds. Scheduled to come in to Yukon office at 9:45 and with all my pain especially from the accident I waited over an hour. I go into the room. Try to relax and I had a few tears coming down because it was my first day out this long. He comes in an apparently felt my pain had to do with my emotional state bc he saw me sad one time then happy (pain meds working) then today after a long waiting and horrible accident. And then he proceeded to tell me that he was also in an accident rear ended on Friday. Like we were comparing scary stories??? He made me feel like I was 2 years old as he spoke down to me. Very very very upset will never go or refer this egotistical young man who thinks he knows all. Next time your having a bad Monday maybe don't take it out on your patients!

May 18th, 2011
Awesome Doctor ~ none better!
Dr. Walia gave me epidural injections for intervention pain management. He is meticulous has my 100% confidence, important when someone is putting a needle in your back. I wish he did long term / chronic pain management.

March 31st, 2011
None better ..awesome bedside manner
Dr. Walia has been taking care of my aunt for some time now, I have been to his office 5 times, hospital procedure 3 times. He has a sincere bedside manner, never rushes her, never! It is rare to find such a caring and thorough doctor, he is kind, loving and compassionate... the world is a better place because of this man. I highly recommend him.