Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

3433 NW 56th St
Ste 950
Central Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City, OK 73112
405-945-4359
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Nice guy act at first then true colors come out  |  show details
by Melissa F on Jan 27th, 2014

I started seeing dr. Walia a couple of months ago after an accident in 08 and going to another dr for years and wanting a second opinion. The first visit I was so happy that I found a dr that "got it" he understood my pain how it effected my life and was eager to help. I was so happy I was in tears....then after new medication I felt great pain level down and he said he really thought the spinal Nero stimulator would be a great option for me. Did have to switch meds as the copay was so expensive so the next time I came in was to schedule and med check. He gave me morphine and after a few weeks I had a migraine from it for about a week and a half then making it worse the day I was scheduled to get the sns he was apparently sick and I was in a serious accident. Someone ran a red light at a high speed and hit me. Making new and current pain worse. Canned the nurse bc I hadn't got new meds yet and with the new injury wanted to make sure I was taking the right meds. Scheduled to come in to Yukon office at 9:45 and with all my pain especially from the accident I waited over an hour. I go into the room. Try to relax and I had a few tears coming down because it was my first day out this long. He comes in an apparently felt my pain had to do with my emotional state bc he saw me sad one time then happy (pain meds working) then today after a long waiting and horrible accident. And then he proceeded to tell me that he was also in an accident rear ended on Friday. Like we were comparing scary stories??? He made me feel like I was 2 years old as he spoke down to me. Very very very upset will never go or refer this egotistical young man who thinks he knows all. Next time your having a bad Monday maybe don't take it out on your patients!

|  Not for Fibromyalgia  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

In fairness to Dr. Walia, I should have been referred to a true pain management clinic. Dr. Walia seems more educated on injections and procedures to the spine. He is NOT a doctor with experience in treating patients with fibromyalgia. He actually told me fibro is a "diagnosis of exclusion" which it is not, and insinuated that I should be able to manage the pain with Advil and exercise. He is a very kind man, and very competent in his field. Just don't go if you need help with chronic pain management. Oklahoma Pain Center completely changed my quality of life.

|  Not controlling pain  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

He is supposed to be a Pain Management doctor, but he did very little to control my pain after the shots didnt work.

|  Awesome Doctor ~ none better!  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

Dr. Walia gave me epidural injections for intervention pain management. He is meticulous has my 100% confidence, important when someone is putting a needle in your back. I wish he did long term / chronic pain management.

|  None better ..awesome bedside manner  |  show details
by Katherine's neice on Mar 31st, 2011

Dr. Walia has been taking care of my aunt for some time now, I have been to his office 5 times, hospital procedure 3 times. He has a sincere bedside manner, never rushes her, never! It is rare to find such a caring and thorough doctor, he is kind, loving and compassionate... the world is a better place because of this man. I highly recommend him.

|  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

Do not want to see this doctor again and or let him be part of a surgical team and or manage my pain. He, on question, is not as yet board certified to managr chronic pain.

|  show details
Nov 8th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Walia has been great. He listens and answers questions freely without any sense of rush. He is very thorough in his diagnosis and treatment of issues related to the spine and pain management. His "bedside manner" is wonderful.