Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Video profile

1.0

Do not visit him show details Do not visit him
Jan 28th, 2016

Terrible dr. Would tell me to perform a task and would rate it prior to my completion of the task. Obviously out for his pay, and not for me or my health concerns.

OWCP injuryed show details OWCP injuryed
by Sarah H on Oct 9th, 2015

I meet with Dr. Swartz in Sacramento. I was there for less then 30 minutes and he told me all about his health how at the age of 80 he is such great shape, he doesn't understand why everyone else is't. He then told both myself and my husband( he was there as my witness) that I was a in very bad shape. He then wrote a report and stated that I can return to work with only a 35 lb. limit. In his report he states that I have all the documented problems but they went away 6 weeks after being off work. I saw Dr. Swartz 20 months after being off work. How can he see the injury on date of the 30 minute visit but states in his report that it when away??? This Dr. is for worker comp. only and is NOT to be trusted. I rate him less then one. if I could I would rate him -10.

Sep 27th, 2015

this so called doctor will close your case if he can even when he knows your sick!!!

Insurance shill!!!! Beware. show details Insurance shill!!!! Beware.
Sep 8th, 2015

Just had a worker's comp eval with this guy. BEWARE!!!! Your well being is not in his interest. He's a hired gun for insurance companies!!! I had to wait over an hour to see him, then he made me wait another 10 minutes with him in the exam room while he verbally abused and berated one of his staff over the phone for not understanding what he wanted. I could tell something was off about him and his practice the moment I walked in the door. he was very blasé about the whole examination; giving me the "are you kidding me" look at times when asking about different outcomes of the examination. Overall, I felt the whole experience was rushed, sloppy and extremely superficial. Please reevaluate your decision to see this doctor of your own cognizance.; if you're seeing him because of an insurance claim like myself..... BEWARE!!!!! Google confirmed my suspicions once I was done with the exam.

Do not waste time with this Dr. show details Do not waste time with this Dr.
Aug 31st, 2015

this Dr. was used as IME Dr. and lies through his teeth, I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone, he is just in it for the money not for the well being of the patient.

May 12th, 2015

horrible visit waited for over 2 hours to be rushed out in 5. Did not listen to my problems did 3 test to see if i had a torn ligament , when that wasnt the diagnosis to begin with.

Mar 14th, 2014

NO GOOD STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

One foot in the nursing home. show details One foot in the nursing home.
by SMY on Dec 12th, 2013

He is not a real doctor. They're called Insurance Defense Providers (IDP). He is an insurance hack. In this case for Geico. He's mentally deranged and should NOT be practicing medicine. Do NOT go anywhere near him. You do have legal ground to refuse an IME if you're willing to go all the way to court. Get an experienced lawyer. The days of trusting your own insurance company are over. Zero stars should be an option. That's my score for him ZERO.

ACL show details ACL
Nov 4th, 2013

My is partial ACL tear, and here is what he wrote on my report. "This aggravation is temporary, and would cease at the time of my examination". So how many Doctors can say that? It is not if he is a " DOCTOR", it is how much is He getting payed by OWCP? I do not give him any stars because he lied through the whole exam, and it was with OWCP. Had to give stars to submit!!!!,!! We all need to ask what is he getting form OWCP $$$$$$.?.?????

He should not have a license!!! show details He should not have a license!!!
Mar 9th, 2013

He is a horrible "Dr", if you can even call him that. Rude,impatient & downright mean! All he wants is his kick-back $ from Dept Of Labor & cares nothing about the patient. Makes bad situations even worse! He is way too old to still be in practice,he needs to be put out to pasture! Dept Of Labor must kiss this guys rump big time just so he will get injured people off their payroll! Complete jerk!!!!!!!

ONE WORD DON'T TRUST HIM. show details ONE WORD DON'T TRUST HIM.
Nov 7th, 2011

THIS SO CALL DR. CAN'T BE TRUSTED HE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. OR THE WAY YOU FEEL. I TRUSTED HIM AND HE RUIND MY LIFE. HE HIS TERRIBLE PERSON HE LIES IN HIS REPORTS HE WORKS FOR WORK COMP AND THEY PAY HIM TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT HIM TO SAY. HE DON'T GIVE CRAP ABOUT YOU. BE AWARE OF HIM. AND GOD HELP HIM IN THE LONG RUN.

Horrible Experience. Never even saw doctor. show details Horrible Experience. Never even saw doctor.
Nov 4th, 2011

Office staff didn't know number of Blue Shield. Didn't call back, even though promised to do so twice. Finally told me he wouldnt be avaliable for a month. HORRIBLE.

RN show details RN
Oct 2nd, 2011

He is the worst doctor I have ever seen and mean. He does not care about your injury and is just a hired gun for the DOL and is harming people who have work injuries. He should have his license revolked. He will pay at judgement day.

RAPID FIRE INTERVIEW TECHNIQUE show details RAPID FIRE INTERVIEW TECHNIQUE
May 6th, 2011

Dr. Swartz was chosen to perform an IME of my back injury by worker compensation.It appears his home office is in Oakland, CA. He flies to exam locations in the southwestern states to perform these exams. Mine was done in a downtown Los Angeles high rise that rents office space by the hour, day, week, or month. He arrived 45 minutes late for my appointment, walking in pulling his travel luggage. He proceeded to rush through my exam, because he had other appointments stacked up behind me. He uses a rapid-fire interview technique to ask questions, interrupts the patient while he is answering, does not allow the patient complete his answer before asking another question, and attempts to put words in the mouth of the patient. It's all designed to throw the patient off balance, confuse him, and cause the patient to make contradictory statements.BE AWARE OF THIS TECHNIQUE. The "office" setup at my exam allowed very little privacy, and I could hear Dr. Swartz interviewing the patient who followed me. He had her completely tied up in knots in less then five minutes.Seems to have been a waste of time for me, and a waste of money for worker comp.

SHOULD LICENSE REMOVED show details SHOULD LICENSE REMOVED
Mar 25th, 2011

He's susposed to be available for 2nd opinions but he's a rubber stamp for insruance company. He is very unprofessional. while going over my medical history he accepted a personal call. I ignored that. His assistant then came in the room during the physical exam. Their scale is an old type of scale you might have in your bathroom. They measured my height with a pencil mark on the wall. During the physical exam he took a personal call on his cell phone. They were discussing moving something via the Bart (Oakland transit system). Could remember that I was left handed when reviewing my case. Was very rude and confrontainable. I am in pain most of the time and seemed very upset when I informed him that i had taken a pain pill prior to exam. Seemed unconcerned when during his exam I cried due o the pain of movement. What an evile vile man.

been to him show details been to him
by Dr. Swartz, evil person on Jul 29th, 2010

He is the worse kind of a human being there is. Bought and paid for lying piece of crud doctor there is. Insurance companies and owcp use him as their smoking gun. Insurance and owcp system is crooked and corrupt and will go to the extend of using Dr.swartz over and over knowing that he will lie for them and say that any patient that goes to him for a second opinion and referee decision is fine,alright, can work.

Hired Gun Doctor show details Hired Gun Doctor
Jun 27th, 2010

The worst doctor in the world, he is so corrupt and evil and lies on his reports for the company that pays him. Keep away from this little old man.