Orthopedic Surgeons
2648 International Blvd
Ste 502
Oakland, CA 94601
510-536-1467
Locations and availability (1)

1.0

• Currently 1.1904761904762 of 4 stars
  • Currently 1.047619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 1.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Mar 14th, 2014

NO GOOD STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

|  One foot in the nursing home.  |  show details
by SMY on Dec 12th, 2013

He is not a real doctor. They're called Insurance Defense Providers (IDP). He is an insurance hack. In this case for Geico. He's mentally deranged and should NOT be practicing medicine. Do NOT go anywhere near him. You do have legal ground to refuse an IME if you're willing to go all the way to court. Get an experienced lawyer. The days of trusting your own insurance company are over. Zero stars should be an option. That's my score for him ZERO.

|  ACL  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2013

My is partial ACL tear, and here is what he wrote on my report. "This aggravation is temporary, and would cease at the time of my examination". So how many Doctors can say that? It is not if he is a " DOCTOR", it is how much is He getting payed by OWCP? I do not give him any stars because he lied through the whole exam, and it was with OWCP. Had to give stars to submit!!!!,!! We all need to ask what is he getting form OWCP $$$$$$.?.?????

|  Review of Aubrey Schwartz  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2013

Aubrey Scwartz works for the DOL as a doctor to get people off of compensation. His diagnosis of my condition was a flat out lie. I was diagnosed with a herneated disc in my neck. I have a rotator cuff tear in my shoulder that was diagnosed by another doctor. Why didn't Schwartz not see that? I had to wait to see him for 3 1/2 hours, I was in his office for 4 hrs. This so called Dr.goes contrary to diagnosis by all other reputable MD's. I consider this person to be a fraud and should not be a doctor at all. I give this doctor a rating of 0, not a 1

|  He should not have a license!!!  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2013

He is a horrible "Dr", if you can even call him that. Rude,impatient & downright mean! All he wants is his kick-back $ from Dept Of Labor & cares nothing about the patient. Makes bad situations even worse! He is way too old to still be in practice,he needs to be put out to pasture! Dept Of Labor must kiss this guys rump big time just so he will get injured people off their payroll! Complete jerk!!!!!!!

Mar 22nd, 2012

The man is a fraud. He says one thing and then writes another to your insurance co. or OWCP CE. He didn't do any new tests, based his "opinion" on old tests from three or more years ago and then said I was fine to proceed to find work. I went to see my spine doc after that appointment and a new MRI found just the opposite.Herniated discs in C 2-3, C 3-4, C 4-5 C 5-6 and C7 with permanent nerve damage in C6 using EMG testing. But according to Swartz nothing wrong with me. And now after completing almost a year of training program another new EMG finds perm. nerve damage in C5 now. Thanks you stupid little man. The only thing I got going for me was I recorded our appointment and what he put in his report isn't on my recording. He spent 15-20 mins talking to my husband about computers and speech recollection software. Not very professional. If you get this guy, have a witness and a tape recorder. Both are allowed.

|  ONE WORD DON'T TRUST HIM.  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

THIS SO CALL DR. CAN'T BE TRUSTED HE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. OR THE WAY YOU FEEL. I TRUSTED HIM AND HE RUIND MY LIFE. HE HIS TERRIBLE PERSON HE LIES IN HIS REPORTS HE WORKS FOR WORK COMP AND THEY PAY HIM TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT HIM TO SAY. HE DON'T GIVE CRAP ABOUT YOU. BE AWARE OF HIM. AND GOD HELP HIM IN THE LONG RUN.

|  Is it a Girl or Boy  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

She is the st doctor I have ever seen and is used by the Office of Workers Compensation Program federal. She will out right lies, she violates her Hippocratic Oath and I wonder how many people will die because of her bad faith in her second opinions for the fed's. During the evaluation she taped the session, yet, when she asks you to state how you are filing she turns off the audio tape. My evaluation was April 12, 2007, my doctors was asked for a second surgery to correct a bone spur in my neck which was growing into the 2001 surgery which was causing me a great deal of pain whenever I moved my neck, both arms had pain, I could not set for a long time, my neck was swollen. He state in his report that I was complete curd and did not need surgery. There was know way my doctors information was even considered by Dr. Swartz. I was there to see if I need to have surgery,well it is a good thing I have my own Insurance, I had to pay for this with my Blue Cross/Blue shield, and fright with my workers comp people I win but the out of pocket cost financially did harm to my credit and the Fed's refuse to pay even after winning my case with the hearing board. She has lose a very high profile suite and should not be aloud to do any evaluation at all. My question is How many death has she caused?

|  Horrible Experience. Never even saw doctor.  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

Office staff didn't know number of Blue Shield. Didn't call back, even though promised to do so twice. Finally told me he wouldnt be avaliable for a month. HORRIBLE.

|  RN  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

He is the worst doctor I have ever seen and mean. He does not care about your injury and is just a hired gun for the DOL and is harming people who have work injuries. He should have his license revolked. He will pay at judgement day.

|  Lied on Report  |  show details
May 29th, 2011

Saw Aubrey Swartz in a physical therapy clinic in Reno, NV for a work injury evaluation. He was over 45 minutes late getting there, did a rapid-fire evaluation while running an audio tape.Took a witness to observe after reading that he lies.During the testing he rushed through, caused unnecessary pain to the injured site, used testing methods that were unconventional, and performed incomplete tests.In particular, there is one test that is performed 3 times in succession, he only performed it once, on both hands. In his final report (which was provided a week late) he shows that he did perform the testing properly, and supplied numbers that were not only false in the case of the one that he did do, but 2 numbers that did not exist. This has resulted in my claim being significantly reduced without legitimacy.I will be taking legal action against this doctor for falsifying his report.

|  RAPID FIRE INTERVIEW TECHNIQUE  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

Dr. Swartz was chosen to perform an IME of my back injury by worker compensation.It appears his home office is in Oakland, CA. He flies to exam locations in the southwestern states to perform these exams. Mine was done in a downtown Los Angeles high rise that rents office space by the hour, day, week, or month. He arrived 45 minutes late for my appointment, walking in pulling his travel luggage. He proceeded to rush through my exam, because he had other appointments stacked up behind me. He uses a rapid-fire interview technique to ask questions, interrupts the patient while he is answering, does not allow the patient complete his answer before asking another question, and attempts to put words in the mouth of the patient. It's all designed to throw the patient off balance, confuse him, and cause the patient to make contradictory statements.BE AWARE OF THIS TECHNIQUE. The "office" setup at my exam allowed very little privacy, and I could hear Dr. Swartz interviewing the patient who followed me. He had her completely tied up in knots in less then five minutes.Seems to have been a waste of time for me, and a waste of money for worker comp.

|  He's paid to write report againt patient  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

Dr. Aubrey Swartz is a biased doctor. He is not for the patient. Research him and the lady who won millions due to Dr. Swartz in San Francisco court. He is primarily used for second opinions, by gov't to kick one off disability.

|  SHOULD LICENSE REMOVED  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

He's susposed to be available for 2nd opinions but he's a rubber stamp for insruance company. He is very unprofessional. while going over my medical history he accepted a personal call. I ignored that. His assistant then came in the room during the physical exam. Their scale is an old type of scale you might have in your bathroom. They measured my height with a pencil mark on the wall. During the physical exam he took a personal call on his cell phone. They were discussing moving something via the Bart (Oakland transit system). Could remember that I was left handed when reviewing my case. Was very rude and confrontainable. I am in pain most of the time and seemed very upset when I informed him that i had taken a pain pill prior to exam. Seemed unconcerned when during his exam I cried due o the pain of movement. What an evile vile man.

|  Wish I Could Give a Negative Star Rating  |  show details
by Shelley G. on Oct 16th, 2010

This individual is basically a rubber stamp for the insurance company.I was asked by GEICO (as required in my policy with them)to go for an "independent" evaluation by Dr. Swartz after injuries sustained in a high impact auto accident. Really, I don't know how this man can look himself in the mirror, let alone live with himself. After my experience with Dr. Swartz, I feel strongly that he should have his medical license removed. Despicable.

|  been to him  |  show details
by Dr. Swartz, evil person on Jul 29th, 2010

He is the worse kind of a human being there is. Bought and paid for lying piece of crud doctor there is. Insurance companies and owcp use him as their smoking gun. Insurance and owcp system is crooked and corrupt and will go to the extend of using Dr.swartz over and over knowing that he will lie for them and say that any patient that goes to him for a second opinion and referee decision is fine,alright, can work.

|  Hired Gun Doctor  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2010

The worst doctor in the world, he is so corrupt and evil and lies on his reports for the company that pays him. Keep away from this little old man.

|  He should loose his license for making fraud reports to insurance companies!!! he is a liar 100% do not trust him, he works for the insurance people and not for the people  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2010

he will examine you and when you tell him it hurts, he goes " awwh that dont hurt"!! this guy is a joke! he is bad bad bad bad bad news. he works out of the downtown los angeles area, oakland and other locations! he does malpractice for IME;s

|  Worst doctor ever....  |  show details
by Baddoctor at Citysearch on May 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was went to this guy for a second opinion from my comp insurance he seen me for like 15 min, then a week later the report comes back that I was faking it! This guy has a bad rep for being bias. Look up his name on yahoo, one court already found him guilty of being bias

by Baddoctor on May 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

by betteycraft on Apr 12th, 2006 on citysearch.com

|  Just a Bad Bad Bad Doctor!!  |  show details
by betteycraft at Citysearch on Apr 12th, 2006 on citysearch.com

I am an injured Federal Worker and had to report to Swartz for a second opinion. I saw Swartz for less than 20 minuets. I had broken my neck at C5 and C6 and my neck was damaged from C3 thru C8 and T1. My neck required surgery in which C5 and C6 was removed and was fused with part of my hip that gives me problems when I sit for long time. Dr. Swartz told workers compensation that I had mid problems with the use of my arms and hands but did not give a rating a week later I tells OWCP that he did not think that my neck took this long to heal. Dr Swartz took back his first report from mid to say that I had recovered fully, I did not need meds for my arthritic nor did I have any pain. He had some balls.