Dr. Audencio Alanis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 1st, 2015
Great results, even better Physician
I have read the few reviews below, decided it was about time to give my account of Dr. Alanis and his office. I decided last summer, 2014, I would have the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy done because no matter what I did, I continued to gain weight. I found Dr. Alanis after first going through True Results to have my procedure. First, let me just say this, you do not have to go through a company to have this procedure. They will have 3 Doctor's to choose from and none of them are known so do your research. You will save yourself a lot of headache if you just find one who you could have a patient/doctor relationship with. Now, back to business... I chose to leave True Results and find my own physician. Dr. Alanis is located close to my home and very convenient and flexible with his scheduling. He used to have Saturday appointments. Anyway, found him on Google, so I tried him out. My first impression of him was, wow... he took great care in explaining the procedure, in fact, he listened to me and asked me about my goals, my expectations, asked about my support group like family and loved ones. He coached me through how to coach them through this process. Then he drew a diagram of the procedure. I could visualize when you would do and how my expectations would aid in my success. He is always courteous, always professional. Yes, his Office Manager/Nurse/Wife could be a little forward, but I didn't let that deter me from changing my mind about the procedure, after all, she did not assist in my actual procedure at all! He did a great job, I am so glad and thankful for finding him. I feel great! I have lost 83 pounds in 1 year. My goal was to lose 80. He took a mental note of my physical self and told me where I would end up if everything is followed correctly in my plan. And It is. My family is so happy with my result and I have referred tons of people to him for their procedures. Exercise and nutrition in the key to your success, just remember, the VSG is only a tool, it's still up to you to make the best out of your procedure. Prior to my surgery, I suffered from Osteoarthritis, and mild edema in my legs, ankles and knees. All I can say is, NO MORE PAIN OR SWELLING! I am thrilled! At one time, I wanted to just cut my legs off because I would be in so much pain. Believe me when I tell you, you would love your results and I thank God for giving me the wisdom to find a new doctor. You decide for yourself, and not rely on someone else's decision based on 1 individual. Best of luck in your endeavors future sleevers!

September 5th, 2015
Awful office manager
I found Dr. Alanis to be professional and knowledgeable. His nutritionist Emily was also professional, punctual and courteous. However, the office manager Linda was rude, disorganized and unprofessional so much so that I have elected to choose another surgeon for my procedure. While Dr. Alanis may be a fine surgeon his office manager who also happens to be his wife makes dealing with him or having any confidence that your medical records or clinical information correct suspect. On repeated occasions I was harassed and harangued about a medical clearance that was sent to their office by Linda. I was given a multitude of excuses and assurances that the problem would be corrected or investigated. Finally I discovered that the clearances and the records where on my chart all along and Linda never bothered to look. She finally, begrudgingly and in a backhanded fashion admitted that it was her mistake - however she did so in such an aggressive manner that I was left with zero confidence in her ability to further interact with me on a courteous or professional manner or that alerting Dr. Alanis to her incompetence and rudeness would make a difference. There are many surgeons in the greater Houston area. Save yourself aggravation and choose someone else with a competent office manager that can manage patient records and scheduling.

January 27th, 2015
Dr Alanis
wonderful surgeon

February 2nd, 2010
Consultation and PreOp for Gastric Sleeve
Dr.Alanis will be performing my VSG next week. My family (Mom,dad, husband)went with me to my consultation/preOp on Saturday and Dr. Alanis took his time talking to me and answering all of our questions. I am very impressed with his attention to every detail of care. I am certain I've made the right choice.