Dr. Audrey Garrett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Audrey Garrett?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

March 20th, 2017

Difficult and confrontational

It suffices to say I agree completely with the previous comments. Over the course of twelve months I attended several sessions with my elderly mother to consult with Dr. Garrett in cleaning up my mothers meds (which was the main objective) and follow up evaluations. I found Dr. Garrett to be condesending and inpatient....this created a very uncomfortable experience for both myself and mother. If your seeking a quick consult for her opinion Garrett is knowledgable and I would recommend her services. However, if on-going treatment is needed, I would look elsewhere.

August 5th, 2013

Agree with posts below

Sadly, my experience is very similar to the posts below. On the initial visit Dr. Garrett was accusatory, confrontational and impatient. At each visit you first see a social worker. Next, the social worker leaves the room for 5-7 minutes to report her findings to Dr. Garrett. During this time, patient and family are left alone in the room. Social worker and Dr. Garret return to meet with patient and family. Dr. Garrett enters room with laptop in hand and spends more time looking at the computer screen than the patient. There is often a palpable level of tension in the room. This stems from never knowing how Dr. Garrett will respond. Social worker sometimes forgets key elements of patient history including names of psych drugs that have been prescribed by Dr. Garrett.

July 27th, 2013

Poor treatment

Dr. Garrett has terrible 'bedside manner' with patient family. She is abbrasive and rude, and when I tried to tell her of a small positive aspect in my mother's memory, she smirked at me and said "you know she's not getting any better", rather than encouraging my mother or being positive in any way. She is unaware of any patient, as her assistant, Ann (also not a good choice) spends most of the time with each patient, and then she reports her findings to Dr. Garrett, and it is unknown what Ann's capacity is. I had heard Dr. Morgan was well respected. It obviously does not show the same for his staff. Totally agree with other reviews here. If given the choice, I would not take my dog to her.

May 28th, 2013

Bait & Switch

After my mother received a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, I contacted the Center for Geriatric and Family Psychiatry, having received several recommendations for Dr. Harry Morgan, who specializes in dementia and Alzheimer's disease. I specifically requested an appointment with Dr. Morgan and had to wait over 6 months for an appointment. It was not until after meeting with the therapist, during the initial consultation with the medical staff, that I found out that it was not Dr. Morgan who was meeting with us but Dr. Garrett. Dr. Garrett was confrontational during the first meeting - "What is it you expect us to do for you?!" I think my expectation of the initial meeting was more like, "This is how we typically manage patients with this diagnosis..." Since the initial meeting, Dr. Garrett has been detached, but not nearly as accusatory or confrontational as the initial meeting. She has been quick to respond to any telephone inquiries I've made and, overall, I find her to be efficient. However, I would never go to her as a patient. On a side note, some of the office staff are very courteous and efficient and others have been outright nasty. I would suggest, if you're considering going to this practice, that you find out who (specifically!) you'll be working with.

April 25th, 2012

Poor Attitude

We couldn't have felt more put off by her attitude. She had poor eye contact that made us feel uneasy. She spent very little time with us and we felt she did not take our concerns seriously. After all was said and done, we walked away without a clear understanding of what the problem was. I agree with the other rating of her being accusatory. She made us feel like we were overreacting to our situation and brushed it off as such.

August 19th, 2011

Dr. Garrett is the most arrogant MD I have ever seen in my life. I would not send my dog to her.

November 7th, 2008

I found her to be rude, gruff and I felt she had an accusatory tone. I do not recommend her.

April 3rd, 2017