Overall Review

3.8

February 10th, 2016
Does not readily prescribe medicine when needed. Not a fan of antivirals or meds for yeast.

April 1st, 2013
I saw Dr. Montooth as a general practitioner... I wanted to establish a relationship with a doc, general check-up, etc., and my husband saw one of her colleagues. As part of the paperwork, I filled out a questionnaire about how I was "feeling". At that time, we had just moved to the area, I had three small children, knew nobody, ... lots of stress going on. There is a family history of depression, but no personal history. I left with a tetanus shot (go figure) and a prescription for an anti-depressant, which I discontinued on my own after a few weeks -- didn't even complete one prescription cycle. Months later, while applying for individual health insurance, my proposed rate was astronomical. Come to find out, in her records, based on the yes/no questionnaire (with no personal follow up at our appointment) and my family history, she diagnosed me with "major depressive disorder." I have had no issues with this disease, and unfortunately, I am still fighting insurance companies about it. Thanks to her, I will carry this very damaging misdiagnosis forever.

March 5th, 2013
Wonderful doctor
I've been going to this family practice since I was 15 years old and I'm now 42! The doctor I saw before Dr. Montooth retired so now she is my primary care doctor. I feel as though she really cares about my health and finds a solution to whatever issue I have. She takes time, asks questions accordingly and follows up promptly. I would recommend her to anyone.

January 16th, 2013
Ok Doc
I've seen Dr. Montooth and other practitioners in her office over the past 5 years. The staff is always decent and wait time ok. Dr. Montooth has always been caring and spends time with me to ask a lot of questions, but it always results in me being prescribed pills. The same goes for the N.P.s in the office. I was prescribed Klonopin which apparently is highly addictive. Fortunately I've done enough research before starting this drug for anxiety. I feel they are quick to diagnose and fix something with with a pill. I think I'll look for a doctor who takes a more holistic approach.

September 4th, 2012
Very strong attention to detail, addressed all health issues, high degree of caring attitude.

September 15th, 2011
Uncaring
It's difficult to get an appointment and she does not have time to talk to me and her staff is rude. I would not recommend.

March 15th, 2011
In the absence of my general physician, this doctor refused to refill a prescription, thus endangering my life.

December 29th, 2010
Poor diagnostician
Dr. Montooth is not interested in finding out what is wrong. If there is a pill that may work she will give it to you.

December 23rd, 2010
Dr. Montooth is the Best
I have been a patient of Dr. Montooths for years. She is caring, a professional, a great physican and an all round terrific person. The staff at this office is always friendly and welcoming when I arrive. The nurses are professional yet friendly. They remember me from visit to visit which I greatly appreciate.

October 7th, 2010
The waiting time once you get there for your appointment is outrageously long. Had to wait for 30-40 minutes before I was even taken back to a room where I had to wait for another 30 minutes. Once being seen by Dr. Montooth she is quick to offer up medications but never able to actually fix what ever is wrong. More of a pill pusher than a fixer. Completely unstatisfied with her and her office. It is unbelievable the amount of time you wait to see her and than she just pushes you out the door

February 11th, 2010
Uncaring in my opinion
After a visit with Dr. Montooth I explained that I was upset about the health of both parents. She said to let her know if I was having trouble sleeping etc. Less then a month later when my father was in intensive care and he was being kept confortable waiting for the end, I called to see if I could get a prescription to calm me and help me throught this difficult time. No one called me back that day and the next day they called and said I needed to make an appointment. By that time by father had passed. Never again will I see that uncaring, insensitive woman.

January 14th, 2010
Thanks
It was nice to meet you for an initial visit. I was nervous but you were very kind and reassuring. I hope to work with you more in the future.