Dr. Augustin Batlle MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

December 5th, 2016
My visit to the Bastrop Medical clinic was a positive one. Everyone there was very professional and polite. They made me feel comfortable and at ease with Dr. Batlle's visit with me. He seemed very committed to the health of his patients, going out of his way to counsel me on lifestyle changes. I don't like going to the doctor, but my visit there was good.

September 29th, 2016
I love Dr. Batlle and his staff. Always so courteous and eager to help. He is genuinely concerned about my issues and I have never had a problem getting a hold of him after hours. He is my most favorite doctor.

September 9th, 2014
Horrable Doctor
i didn't like him or his office hes rude, VERY slow, his staff loose your medical papers all the time and are very slow. when i went there for an apt for 10 am i sat there until 4 pm to see the doctor for 2 minutes and after i saw him he didn't refill my medicine i called his office for 3 months trying to get my medicine refilled and when i didn't get the call that they sent the Rx i had to go sit in his office for 4 hours just to make them send my Rx to the pharmacy i DO NOT recommend to see him at all

August 4th, 2014
Great doctor!
I have been going to Dr. Batlle for 8+ years. He is a wonderful doctor with a good sense of humor. He is always very professional and thorough. I feel like part of the family when I am in the clinic. He has treated me for my asthma, depression, and every thing in between. I highly recommend him as anyone's physician.

May 3rd, 2014
worse experience ever
I was at the office for close to 2 hours! Every time I went up to the Window to ask a question this one short lady with long back hair would not, only have an attitude with me any time I had a question but would say I'll go check on it and never come back, one of the other young ladies would ask me have I been helped. Then when I finally do get called into a room I wait at least another 20 to 30 mins, before they send a nurse practitioner student in when I specifically asked to see just the doctor. Then I have to sit there through her just rambling away for yet again another 20 mins before the doctor comes in. Then I tell him what's wrong and he brushes me off and says oh you need to eat better and take this antibiotic you will feel fine in a few days. Then tells me to watch a video about being vegan! I swear he was only in the room for about 5 mins. Then to add on all this I'm leaving now and once again this lady at the check out sees me walking up to her Window and picks up her phone and starts dialing, looks up and points to go to the next Window as soon as I leave her Window out the door she gets up and practically runs away from her desk so she won't have to help no one! I went there about 4 days ago and I still don't feel good went to the ER and I have walking pneumonia and am told that I need to stay home till I get better! Let's just say I will not, nor do I recommend any one else to ever go to this doctor again!

March 28th, 2014
Dr. Batlle has proven to be there for me during some of the worst times of my life. It's hard enough for a Medicaid Patient to even find a doctor. Be honest with him and he'll help see to your medical needs.

February 17th, 2014
mr.
Dr. Battle has been my family doctor for more than three years. He has helped me with many health issues, and I currently am in the best shape I have been in some time. Using his advice I lost fifteen pounds. I refer many of my friends and family to him.

December 13th, 2013
ms.
Dr. Battle has been my doctor for quite a few years now. Even after moving over 2 hours away I continue to use him as my physician. He treats my whole person, my nutrition, weight, emotional health, illness, pain etc. He is the only doctor I have ever gone to that addresses whole body health, even if you're only there for a cold. I'm so grateful to Dr. Battle, he has helped me come a long way on my life journey, I owe a lot to him!

July 29th, 2013
Listens to me
Listens to my input and offers good feedback. I feel is it a great partnership between doctor and patient, I am willing to drive 55 miles just to see this doctor

July 6th, 2012
I Do Not Recommend
If you have no insurance and need help ask for nurse practitioner Sara Chavez at his office. She will take care of you.I used Batlle for a workers comp claim and he did nothing other than sign the form and send me to a surgeon. Said he couldn't help me with swelling after surgery and wasnt taking new patients after I had been seeing him for months. Totally blew me off even though I had workers comp and private ins. He seemed to be out of it like he was on drugs, sometimes saying rediculous things.My daughter also had a bad experience with him concerning my grandson. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

May 31st, 2012
This Docor couldn't manage his way out of a brown paper bag.
He has taken extended vacations wo notice to staff or patients that have appts previously scheduled, leaving his practice wo a backup doctor to write scripts or emergencies. He can't manage his staff since he is so cheap, he will only pay MA's to act as RN's. He has lost his committed staff bc he can't manage and then decides to fire them all, including his Office manager of 5-years, bc he has no management skills and completely unorganized! His practice is ONLY being held together by his PA, Sarah Chavez. WO her I don't see his practice surviving. He spends no time with you and is ALWAYS inconsiderate to your wait time - with an attitude... minimum is well over an hour just to be called. Expect to spend at least two-hours there. Then he will probably write you an incorrect script - so double check before you leave.

October 9th, 2011
zero'd in on the problem
I went to him for hip pain that has bothered me for three months. My friends told me I needed to get an MRI. Dr Batlle examined me and came up with a reason for the pain I never would have thought of and told me I did not need that expensive test. He showed me the cause and exercises on YouTube , got me pain med (I could tell he has issues with vicodin) and made me feel at ease that the iliotibial band syndrome will go away. Clean place. Busy staff though. Phones rang like crazy. Highly recommended.