Dr. Augusto Focil MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

November 20th, 2014
worst experience with this physician
orst experience of my life. Got to my apt. 15 minutes early. Waited 30 mins for paperwork and an hour and a half before i was called into a room. All together i was there 3 hours!! The best part... the Dr. Was a grade A rude rude rude man!!! Kept interrupting me when i was explaining my symptoms, told the girl to hurry and finish so they could get me out. He asked me a question and i brought it up later and his response, i dont care.... he told me to find another dr... in other words he didnt want me as his patient. The worst.... he told me i was stressed due to beimg a mommy and "relationship issues".. he has no idea what my personal life is like. This was my first appt.!!! Horrible horrible man.... i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. He interrupted me, raised his voice, said he didnt care when i said something and basically made me out to be crazy. He basically wouldn't help me. I have never met a dr. That was so arrogant in my life. Save yourself the trouble go to someone who is waaaaaay more professional than this sorry excuse for a physician. Then one of the front desk ladies came to talk to me, once i said i needed to talk to someone about the way he spoke to me. She went to check with him first .. don't know why and then she came and told me that im stressed and its not his fault!! What!??? What is she talking about? then i had to wait to sign a paper so they could send a sample to the lab, if they were gonna send it to the lab anyway why didnt they have me sign it before? Why did he do the procedure with no intention of sending off the sample? They didnt have me sign the paper until i went back to complain about how he wasnt going to help me. He told me to find another dr. (Gladly), but why did he take a sample and not get the paperwork signed by me to send off until i wemt back? Because he wasnt going to do his job! SHADY and DISHONEST if you ask me. I honestly cannot even wrap my head around the way this man treated and spoke to me. I WILL be filing a complaint with the medical board

May 28th, 2014
When I was a cash patient & paid from $200 - $800 office visit including lab work, Dr. Focil treated me like a queen. When I converted to Medi-cal he treated me like trash, he was very rude hardly paid attention to what I had to say & rubbed in my face that he was only getting paid $8 for my visit. The last day that I stepped a foot in this office was when I had waited 2 hours to be seen and when he finally came in to the room he said he didn't have time to see me that there was nothing he could do for me. (because I was medi-cal) I walked out crying my eyes, I was so humiliated. Talking to other people, they have expressed very badly about Dr. Focil. I wish there was more people writing reviews on him.

October 28th, 2011
I will never return to Focil Medical Inc.
I was ignored, I was given responses from Dr.Focil and staff which were intended to make me feel stupid, and I waited 1 hour and a half INSIDE their office even though I had an appointment.I was seen by Dr.Focil, but I was NOT treated and didn't get what I went for. Dr.Focil still billed the insurance company to make his money. They shooed me outside their office and told me through the window to make another appointment that he was too busy. Medi-cal moochers. This is the worst place to go to. I then needed my lab results, and they simply said that I had to make an appointment for that just so I can get a copy of a paper. These people make their money off of visits... In the end I paid over 200.00 dollars to be seen by another doctor in Oxnard who didn't accept my insurance only because Dr.Focil and his team kept trying to assign me appointments and were very rude. Trust me, I'd rather pay then go here.

March 23rd, 2011
Very long waiting time
What's the point to make an appointment at 11am but I still have to wait until 12.30pm to see the doctor?? The explanation from doctor is not clear at all. I could have avoid a few hundred dollars of the bill if he explained it clearer!