Family Practitioner, General Practitioner

2.0

|  show details
May 28th, 2014

When I was a cash patient & paid from $200 - $800 office visit including lab work, Dr. Focil treated me like a queen. When I converted to Medi-cal he treated me like trash, he was very rude hardly paid attention to what I had to say & rubbed in my face that he was only getting paid $8 for my visit. The last day that I stepped a foot in this office was when I had waited 2 hours to be seen and when he finally came in to the room he said he didn't have time to see me that there was nothing he could do for me. (because I was medi-cal) I walked out crying my eyes, I was so humiliated. Talking to other people, they have expressed very badly about Dr. Focil. I wish there was more people writing reviews on him.

|  I will never return to Focil Medical Inc.  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2011

I was ignored, I was given responses from Dr.Focil and staff which were intended to make me feel stupid, and I waited 1 hour and a half INSIDE their office even though I had an appointment.I was seen by Dr.Focil, but I was NOT treated and didn't get what I went for. Dr.Focil still billed the insurance company to make his money. They shooed me outside their office and told me through the window to make another appointment that he was too busy. Medi-cal moochers. This is the worst place to go to. I then needed my lab results, and they simply said that I had to make an appointment for that just so I can get a copy of a paper. These people make their money off of visits... In the end I paid over 200.00 dollars to be seen by another doctor in Oxnard who didn't accept my insurance only because Dr.Focil and his team kept trying to assign me appointments and were very rude. Trust me, I'd rather pay then go here.

|  Very long waiting time  |  show details
by Amanda on Mar 23rd, 2011

What's the point to make an appointment at 11am but I still have to wait until 12.30pm to see the doctor?? The explanation from doctor is not clear at all. I could have avoid a few hundred dollars of the bill if he explained it clearer!