Dr. Augusto Martinez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

March 19th, 2015
Great 1st visit
My mother in law was diagnosed with colon cancer today. We were of course shocked and afraid, and spoke with her GI doctor, asking to speak with him immediately. He asked us to come in, which we did, and he referred us to Dr. Martinez, who saw us as soon as we got to his office, 20 minutes later. He spent 30 minutes explaining everything, and was very professional. He completed a colonoscopy, was gentle and talked her through the whole thing.

October 14th, 2014
Poor bedside manner
He knows his profession, but his bedside manner has a lot to be desired. I have seen a few times and he is very cold sometimes, not very 'caring', 'degrades' you when your are scared and muscles are tensed up, and indirectly insulting. He doesn't seem to care when a patient is scared and has questions. I would not recommend him at all.

January 30th, 2014
Doctor do no harm
This man is a butcher, and should not be practicing medicine much less surgery. I would have died from a simple outpatient port insert in which he punctured both my lungs, if emergency doctors on call had not been so quick thinking and acting by incubating me and inserting large test tubes to inflate my lungs. Spent 5 days in ICU and suffer from PTSD as a result. Beware!

April 9th, 2013
I have been going through pain and bleeding for 8 weeks, I have seen Dr. Martinez 3-4 times ,each time he was very,very rude and even rolled his eyes(that ticked me off) He never gave me a reason why I was bleeding but was all too eager to do a colonoscopy only to discover it is a hemrroid and he refused to fix it during the procedure stating he was there to do a colonoscopy not fix the problem. I am livid!!! time to find a new doctor!!!!!!! Bedside manner rating why should I have to give him a star just to rate him, he doesn't deserve any stars!!!

May 17th, 2011
Dr. Martinez is a very caring doctor. He is very attentive, and will work with you for instance if a proceedure causes pain, he will allow for meds and even go as far as anesthetizing you for your comfort. I am very impressed.

June 20th, 2010
Probably the meanest and most uncaring dr I've ever had
I will admit that he is knowledgable, but he literally barrated me for expressing pain during the exam. He seemed very disdainful of women and had the bedside manner of Kavorkian or Mengle. I almost would rather remain ill than deal with him. I have never been made to feel so pathetic or a waste of time just for being sick.