A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Augustus Stern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Augustus Stern, Augustus "Gus" Stern, MD is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Stern
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Stern Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Augustus Stern, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Angle-Closure Glaucoma
- Cataract Surgery
- Cataract Surgery (Phacoemulsification)
- Cataract Surgery Lens Removal (Capsulorhexis)
- Cornea Transplant (Epikeratophakia)
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Edema
- Corneal Transplantation
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- Refractive Errors
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Stern graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Stern has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Washington County Hospital - Hagerstown
- Memorial Hermann Northeast Medical Center
- MHHS Northeast Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Augustus Graham Stern MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 7 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Augustus G. Stern practice?
- Dr. Augustus Stern has 2 office locations.
Dr. Augustus Stern practices Ophthalmology near Hagerstown, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Bangor, ME.
See Hagerstown Ophthalmologists.