Overall Review

no change

February 8th, 2016
100% Worst Dr. I Ever Saw
I have had my fair share of dealing with doctors. From cancer at 19 yrs old to and angioplasty at 31 to adhesions from radiation and what brought my to Dr Pryor which is an umbilical hernia from pregnancy. During all that time I have never once met a more unprofessional, uncaring doctor in my life. I had a chance to ask two questions and she would direct her answer to the resident in the room without looking at me. I tried to explain that I had adhesions and maybe she could look at them when inside and her response was sure, ill cut them out while im in there as she shut the door walking out. The resident was still in the room and I said, I have a list of questions for the doctor. His response, ok sign these consent forms and we will make you another appointment to ask those questions. ??? Are you kidding me. The DR was in here for four minutes, wants to do surgery in a couple weeks and hasn't explained anything. Resident shrugs his shoulders and walks out. Hands down 100% worst experience I ever had with a doctor, as I said before I had many many encounters.

June 13th, 2015
Was happy to have the best surgeon in Stony Brook to do my hernia surgery! very easy to talk too and always on top of things

May 1st, 2015
Perhaps my best experience in a hospital ever!

April 1st, 2015
Great Experience!
I had wonderful experience wtih Dr. Pryor, she has a warm and charming way and is an outstanding skilled surgeon.

April 1st, 2015
Super Friendly and Professional
Dr. Pryor is Phenomenal! She really took the time to listen to and understand my needs. She was kind and professional and helped me establish a plan for my bariatric surgery

Excellent Patient Experience!
The doctor is a skilled and caring surgeon with excellent bedside manner and wonderful staff!

January 16th, 2015
Professional, great staff, great follow up.

January 16th, 2015
Most experienced surgeon in this area. Really professional. She was excellent.

April 3rd, 2014
Will Not go back
I have never met a more unprofessional physician in my life. Her personality aside I would never feel safe with a family member of mine in her care!

July 21st, 2012
good doctor

March 21st, 2012
Excellent Physician and Surgeon
My overall experience with Dr. Pryor was excellent! She is a kind woman who has a clear level of care for her patients. She wants the best for their future and is willing to spend time to speak to you about your options. She is extremely well educated, but can also explain the procedures in a way that is easy to understand and does not feel intimidating. I wasn't sure if bariatric surgery was for me, but it was the best choice for my health and I am so thankful I have made the decision to go wtih Dr. Pryor. I would recommend her for anyone interested in Bariatric Surgery who wants a caring physician who is expertly trained, extremely bright and highly skilled.

January 18th, 2012
Almost Died
To this day, I do not know what went wrong during my surgery but something went terribly wrong. What was supposed to have been an elective microscopic procedure ended up with me almost dying. I had to be intubated, spent 3 days in ICU, and after 3 years I have absolutely no relief from the procedure. I should not have had the surgery performed by a doctor who I had not known at all. It's shameful for me to say I don't know what happened; but it is the truth. I don't know because this doctor has refused to tell me.