A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Austin Yu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Austin Yu, MD is board certified in Critical Care Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Education & Awards
Dr. Yu graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Yu has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Tri-City Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Yu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 14 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans