Dr. Autry Parker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 1st, 2014
Ms
Dr. Parker and everyone from front desk to nursing staff gave me the best of care. Dr. Parker is a great listener and checks over your records and decides what is the best protocol for your individual pain. I am blessed to have found him. If you need help with chronic pain, run don't walk to Semmes Murphey.

June 8th, 2014
Desperately wanted & seeked help... instead got treated like a Drug Seeker !
Dr Parker was wonderful on my 1st visit with him. Was relieved as I was scared because I had never seen a Pain Specialist before. But, after reeling me in as a patient, getting Nerve Blocks that didn't work. He stated there was one more procedure we could try. Being disappointed the other procedures had not worked. I said OK, let's do it & an appoitment was made. When I went for this appoitment I was asked to sign some papers in BIG BOLD LETTERS that this was an expermential procedure & therefore my Insurance may NOT pay. When asked the cost of procedure I was told $ 2,000 dollars. My thoughts were 1.) Why wasn't I told this was an expermental procedure when making the appointment ? 2,) If my Insurance didn't pay, could I afford this ? When I asked if we could reschedule to give me a moment to think this over & to check with my Insurance Company. He began to yell at me at the top of his voice. His Nurse stomped to the front office opened the door & through my Medical File right in front of me... as if I was nothing ! Papers scattered all over floor ! You would have thought he would have appreciated my concerns that he would be paid for his service's. Some people would have gone thru with the procedure not caring if he got paid or not. After getting home & HURT as I've never been treated in such an ugly manner by a medical professional or any other kind of professional ! I realized I was out of pain meds & it was Thanksgiving week. I immediately called & asked if Dr Parker would refill my pain meds to get me through until we did this expermential procedure ? Nurse called me back saying... he said NO !!! I had felt like he was treating me like a Drug seeker on several occassions. But, I'm passive & wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was just me. But, telling me NO & letting me go thru PAIN through a Hoilday proved to me that it was not my imagination. So, I politely told the Nurse to tell him... "I came to him for Help but, instead have been treated like a Drug Seeker" ! So therefore they could cancel my appoitment & that I no longer needed his services ! Now, because of that bad experience I'm affraid to seek help with another Pain Specialist & live in PAIN everyday !

June 1st, 2014
Not a caring doctor
Let me just say that there's a good reason that he no longer has his own practice. I will say that he temporarily was able to help me with my pain but that wasn't the problem. The problem was essentially his attitude. He did not come across as a professional, and spoke down to my husband and I. When I had an issue with one of the medications he gave me, he told me to go to the E.R. And that he would see me on the following Monday, which was when his office was closed. I believe his last words to me was "you're more trouble than you're worth".

March 6th, 2014
Mistreated
I took my Mother to see Dr. Parker for severe back and leg pain. She was unable to walk or get around on her own and it was difficult for me to handle her, by myself. Therefore, we had to wait until my daughter, who was in college, to get out of school. We arrived to the appointment and waited to see him. My Mom was called to the back. I wheeled her to the back and went back to the waiting area bc she liked to speak to her MD's alone. I heard him screaming at someone about missing an appointment and had no idea he was yelling at my Mother, until I heard her yell out my name. I opened the door and saw this man standing over my Mother with this look of revulsion. I was furious!! I asked him what the h%ll was wrong with him and who the h%ll did he think he was to talk to anyone like that. My Mother stated that she was trying to tell him that my brother was suppose to take her to her last appointment but did not take her. Dr. Parker had her records which indicated she could not walk on her own; so how could she drive! I let him know how disgusted I was with his behavior and we left his office. I am a registered nurse and have never observed seen such disrespect, nasty, cruel treatment from anyone before in my life! I wouldn't recommend him to ANYONE. He needs not need to be working with patients!!

January 10th, 2014
Do not waste your time with this man! He hurts more than he helps!
I was referred to him and he put me on medication that was not stong enough for my pain, and then performed an epidural nerve block. After the nerve block I started to have severe headaches and loss of feeling in my legs and arms. I researched what was going on and found out that I probably was experiencing spinal headaches because he had punctured my dura during the nerve block procedure. My husband called him and he was so sure that it wasn't spinal headaches and said there was no way possible that i was having weakness in my extremities.and then told me to wait for 4-6 hours and go to the er if it hadn't stopped. 4-6 hours! I was in excruciating pain! I waited 4 hours and went to the er and the er dr concluded that it was most likely spinal headaches. He spoke with Mr. Parker and I had to call him the next morning and get put through the ringer about my headaches and basically had to demand that they do a blood patch. He of course did not want to do the blood patch as it would be an admission and on record that he had made a mistake during the nerve block procedure. This man then did the blood patch and hurt me so badly during that procedure that I had a full blown panic attack right afterward. I have still been in pain and more constant pain since. With episodes of bright lights flashing and passing out and weakness in my limbs. My husband called him after I had passed out one night this week he told him that this had nothing to do with what he did and that it had to be something different and got off the phone. He is a rude, prideful, arrogant man. I then called his office because I was out of medication because I had to take more than prescribed when he messed up my nerve block and I was in so much pain from the headaches and the blood patch. His nursing staff said I could not talk to him because he was too busy and I told them I need to be seen right away. They finally agreed to work me in two days later. I went to the appt and the first thing he said to me was I can look at you and tell that you aren't having spinal headaches. What?? How is that possible. He then proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't be taking more than the prescribed amount of medication . (I was taking it every 3-4 hours instead of 6-8 hours because it wore off after 3-4. And he did not care. After the blood patch I asked for stronger medication because of this and he would not authorize it.) he then said that he was referring me to a real pain clinic because there was nothing else he could do for me. I said listen my goal here is to get my back fixed so I am not in pain and in need of medication. I thought you guys fixed backs here. And he said well we can't fix yours. Then he left and had his nurse bring me a list of pain clinics and send me on my way. The bottom line is that he felt that I was a liability to him professionally. He would rather protect and help himself and let me suffer than admit any wrong doing on his part. I have never been so appalled at the behavior of a"doctor". Do not waste your time with this man. In my opinion he should not be able to have a practice at all. He only cares about himself.

November 4th, 2013
Grea Dr...Listens to you, very caring
I became a patient of his last year. He actually listened to me about the pain in my back, about my feelings and fears. He is very patient with his patients, he lets them ask questions, answers them so you understand. He is a very supportive Dr. He has done several nerve blocks on me now (lumbar) and I don't even have to have medicine now (for the procedure, they can give you a little calming medication in IV )..He is so good about talking to you during the procedure, calming you down if you are nervous... This staff is excellent..He has someone call on you the day after any procedure to see if you are doing ok or need anything. I feel so BLESSED to have him as my Dr.

July 19th, 2013
Shame on you
Whatever the agenda of the anonymous reviewer is, you should stop. Not only are you hurting this great physician you are robbing people who don't see through you of the opportunity to be helped by this great doctor.

March 28th, 2011
Extremely Satisfied - ER
On my first visit to Dr. Parker, I was immediately put at ease as he thoroughly reviewed my chart. Any questions I asked were answered completely and honestly. He explained in detail the severity of my problem as well as the procedures he suggested. He continues to be both professional, courteous, and understanding. In my quest to "get some of my life back", I am glad I found a physician whose knowledge I respect and appreciate, and who puts me so at ease. His staff is a pleasure to deal with, as well.

January 4th, 2011
Honest Opinion
I have been a nurse for 28 years and been to pain clinics for 10 due to severe back trama. Parker,I can't call him a DR., is very arrogant and not very caring at all. He thinks patients don't have a brain and should believe he is god. I research and am very knowledgable about my care. When talking about the pain stimilator implant, Parker just wanted to talk about how he could make me have an orgasm with it. Does this sound very professional to you???? I think he is in the wrong king of business. Yes, I moved on and when asked if I had seen any previous doctors, I don't have to mention a name. I just say I saw one that was so arrogant and they respond with "Parker". Enough said.

May 13th, 2010
He May Turn On You Too !
I saw Parker for over 2 years. (I'm not going to call him doctor because he doesn't deserve it!) At first I was treated very well by him and Amanda. I was given pain medicine and muscle relaxers. This worked well for a certain peroid of time. Eventually I started experiencing break-through pain and Dr. Parker WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR IT!!!. At one point he told me to get another MRI and bring back the films back so he could view them. Well, I had the MRI, and then I had to wait 12 DAYS to see him because he went on vacation. (It was impossible for me to see the doctor on call and NO ONE would return my messages either.) I finally saw Parker. He looked at the MRI films, and even commented to another doctor that he could "see why I'd be in pain." Anyway, he wrote out prescriptions for the SAME meds that I had been taking. When I asked him about the break-through pain, he told me that I was "already taking a high-end dose of morphine, and he couldn't do anything else for me." So, what was the point of his wasting my time by having me do another MRI? (By the way, I had surgery BEFORE I saw Dr. Parker, so I did TRY to do something to take away my pain instead of just relying on pain pills.) After he said this to me, I had my medical records sent to another doctor. I felt like I had no choice. Before I could get an appointment with the next doctor, Parker "dropped" me as his patient. Evidently, he didn't like me requesting my records be sent to another doctor. I now have a doctor who listens to me, and takes care of my needs. And I DO get immediate release pain medication for my break-through pain. I also get adjuvant analgesics too. Parker never did any of that for me. If he'd only listened to me, I'd probably still be his patient. Other doctors have told me that he's got a reputation for dropping patients.

February 7th, 2010
I never wrote reviews but after seeing Dr. Parker I was compelled to submit this comment. Obviously the anonymous reviewer whom wrote about her experience was not given the drugs she was craving. Dr. Parker provided me with a well thought treatment plan. After several weeks my pain is now manageable and I have my life back. Allowing just anybody to say anything about a well respected physician should be illegal. I feel sorry for the poor girl whom instead of taking his advice decided to try to destroy his reputation

November 4th, 2009
I didn't know what to think when I was sent to a pain clinic
You don't know what to expect when you are sent to a pain clinic. I was surprised to find a physicina whom not only diagnosed my problem but treated me quickly and gave me my life back. I have returned to my previous life before pain and have referred many friend and family to Dr. Parker.