Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Worth the travel time show details Worth the travel time
by Rita F on Jul 10th, 2015

My daughter & I have been going here for a few years. It's a 2 hour drive from our hometown but 100% worth it. The staff is so friendly & knowledgeable. This last was with Dr. Simzar. Both he and the nurse Rene were wonderful. They took the time to listen to our concerns and address all of them. We left feeling confident with our treatments and that we are in good hands. The 2 hour drive (4 hour trip total) is well.worth it.

Jun 16th, 2015

Great treatment.

Miradry show details Miradry
by LG on May 24th, 2015

I just had the Miradry procedure. KarriAnne administered this procedure and I couldn't have been happier. I appreciated her professionalism and kindness. I also felt that all of the staff I met were personable and helpful.

Clinical but warm and friendly show details Clinical but warm and friendly
Apr 5th, 2015

The office is very efficient and spotlessly clean…as it should be. The staff is friendly and they book appointment so that a client is never made to wait. My esthetician, Stephanie is excellent in all manners of her knowledge about options for facial care and her gentle personality is wonderful to be with.

Great Facial Experience w/Tania show details Great Facial Experience w/Tania
by Diane M Roney on Mar 31st, 2015

I have been to Tania before for facials. This time she was as thorough and helpful as always. She recommended an SPF 45 product for my face. It is wonderful! Thanks Tania.

Doctor's Response

Hi Diane: I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with Tanya once again. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words online and for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again!

Follow up visit with Bernice show details Follow up visit with Bernice
by Holly A Strom on Feb 28th, 2015

Most memorable: is Bernice's caring, competent treatment administration. Plus she is a delight to talk with: she is objective in her assessment of the work that has been done and where I need to go with additional treatments. I have work done with 2 other Registered Nurse Practitioners at the office, as well as Dr. Ava. They are excellent clinicians.

by M.J. on Feb 16th, 2015

I love going to Bernice for my injectables. She makes me look like a better version of myself – natural and never overdone. Bernice sees the beauty in every person's face and selects the right products to bring out your best features. She is awesome and well worth the visit to AVA MD Beverly Hills!

by Susan Lawlor on Feb 13th, 2015

To be honest, the receptionist when I walked in had no interest to try and answer or give me any instructions when I walked in - she has some what of an attitude which put me on the defensive, even to the point when I asked for the bathroom, in a dismissive way pointed it was around the corner outside, I get there and they are both locked, I realized I must have needed a key, sure and behold, I go back to the office there are 2 keys in a can. She didn't even tell me I needed a key, - just an example please feel free to call me to discuss further..917-859-6837

Great facial show details Great facial
by Katie G on Feb 11th, 2015

I came here with a gift certificate for a facial and had a great treatment from Tania. Having never had a facial in a doctor's office before I really noticed a difference from the spa environment I knew before. Tania was very skillful and encouraging about my skin and most importantly my skin looks and feels absolutely amazing. Office staff were welcoming and efficient too.

Doctor's Response

Hi Katie, How nice of your friend to give you a gift certificate to AVA MD! I am so glad you were delighted with your facial from Tania and found our staff to be so warm. We are truly blessed with lovely staff at AVA MD.

THE BEST show details THE BEST
Apr 9th, 2012

they are so amazing they work with all skin type i fell amazing when i leave and makes you fell sl comfortable everytime i go and always look your best i see alot of celeb's hen i go love it there

Best Dermatologist Ever show details Best Dermatologist Ever
by Dixie on Feb 16th, 2010

Dr. Shamban is fantastic. I have been a patient of hers for over 20 years. My 3 children and my husband are all patients and we have had numerous issues over the years including severe sun damage/skin cancer as well as many cosmetic issues. She is a pro. I always know that I am in good hands and I feel confident that my treatment is safe, accurate and i always have a great result. I will always be forever grateful to have such a caring, smart and insightful MD in my corner.

Ava Shamban, My Hero show details Ava Shamban, My Hero
by Judy Blue Eyes on Dec 2nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

I recently had facial laser treatment that left me disfigured after 5 weeks. My face had a significant scar under my left eye and a small scar under my right eye. My skin was red, uneven, and blotchy on both sides of my face. I travelled over 100 miles to see Ava Shamban to help me. She has been simply amazing. Although she is an extremely succesfull doctor with a busy practice, I have found her to be extremely kind and compassionate. I am not a celebrity, but she always seems to find time in her schedule for me. I feel extremely fortunate in having found Ava, and I give her my highest recommendation for someone searching for a fantastic dermatologist as well as a genuinely kind person.

by napaluvr on Apr 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was totally happy with my recent experience at Dr. Shamban's office, altho I didnt' see her (I saw a physician's assistant). I was treated promptly and couretously by the staff and all my questions (mostly about insurance) were answered right away. My

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
very professional show details very professional
by napaluvr at Citysearch on Apr 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was totally happy with my recent experience at Dr. Shamban`s office, altho I didnt` see her I saw a physician`s assistant. I was treated promptly and couretously by the staff and all my questions mostly about insurance were answered right away. My skin problem was medical in nature as opposed to cosmetic, and fortunately has cleared up and shouldn`t reoccur. Now I`d like to return to the Laser Institute for some cosmetic work! All in all very professional.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Looks spa-like, but really good medically show details Looks spa-like, but really good medically
by artistmom at Citysearch on Apr 7th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was at another, very well-respected derm, practice with my teenage daughter and her skin, after two courses of accutane, was looking horrific. they jut didnt seem to really care about the disfiguring cosmetic aspects of the dises of acne. A few treatments with Dr. Shamban and her very sweet and patient staff have left my daughter`s skin smooth and glowing. She is even thinking of wearing a strapless dress to Prom, for the first time ever! Yes, the practice is busy and it looks more spa-like than medical, but Dr. Ava is completely certified medically, it`s all covered by insurance and you can`t argue with the results! Go for it - you won`t be sorry .

by artistmom on Apr 7th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was at another, very well-respected derm, practice with my teenage daughter and her skin, after two courses of accutane, was looking horrific. they jut didn;t seem to really care about the disfiguring cosmetic aspects of the dises of acne. A few treatm

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Not recommended! show details Not recommended!
by NeenahReviews at Citysearch on Feb 23rd, 2008 on citysearch.com

I went to see Dr Shamban a couple of weeks ago. The entrance of her space on Santa Monica Blvd is fresh and snazzy, but clearly hasn`t been carefully thought all the way through. The tiny waiting area was so crowded, that I couldn`t even sit down to fill out my paperwork. And, when I finally did manage to score a place to sit down, Dr Shamban made me wait an hour for my appointment. I quizzed her staff, and apparently making patients wait forever or in other words, poor time management on Dr Shamban`s end is pretty much the norm there. I walked. Good doctorpatient relationships are based on mutual respect, and that includes respect for each other`s time. Dr Shamban may be great at what she doesbut she`s certainly not the only choice.

by NeenahReviews on Feb 23rd, 2008 on citysearch.com

I went to see Dr Shamban a couple of weeks ago. The entrance of her space on Santa Monica Blvd is fresh and snazzy, but clearly hasn't been carefully thought all the way through. The tiny waiting area was so crowded, that I couldn't even sit down to fill

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Shamban a lucky find! show details Shamban a lucky find!
by kathysears at Citysearch on Feb 1st, 2008 on citysearch.com

There are few medical day spas - maybe none - where I live western MA, so I was so happy to find Dr Shamban when I recently stayed in LA. She was very cordial and candid about what my skin needed. I had two laser treatments and a peel and the results are noticeable! I am so happy with the improvements, thanks to Dr. Shamban and her super nurses Robin and Erin. I have a chance to come back in the summer and I definitely will make another appointment at the laser institute. I wish Dr. Shamban had a practice in my part of the world. My experience was very positive.

by kathysears on Feb 1st, 2008 on citysearch.com

There are few medical day spas - maybe none - where I live (western MA), so I was so happy to find Dr Shamban when I recently stayed in LA. She was very cordial and candid about what my skin needed. I had two laser treatments and a peel and the results a

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Felt confident show details Felt confident
by ssinclair at Citysearch on Jan 1st, 2008 on citysearch.com

Wow! My expericences at the Laser Institute have been fine. The med staff nurses and doctor made me feel confident about the procedures I had 2 laser treatments, one biopsy & a medical peel. They explained the procdures beforehand and then, in one case, even followed up with a phone call in the evening! The estheticians were very sweet and thorough with my treatments too. Everyone was on time and gracious plus friendly. I am not wild about the parking there but I will defintely go back next time I need a derm office.

by ssinclair on Jan 1st, 2008 on citysearch.com

Wow! My expericences at the Laser Institute have been fine. The med staff (nurses and doctor) made me feel confident about the procedures I had (2 laser treatments, one biopsy & a medical peel). They explained the procdures beforehand and then, in one c

by jake74 on Nov 26th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Amazing patient services, and life changing results. show details Amazing patient services, and life changing results.
by jake74 at Citysearch on Nov 26th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I have visited the Laser Institute countless times in the past four or five years, and have never encountered any negativity, un-professionalism, or un-satisfactory treatment from any staff member or doctor. I walk in and feel welcomed and have always been treated with respect and professionalism. I walk in and the staff knows my name. If I`m having a skin problem, I feel comfortable and able to speak only about my medical history and personal background. About a year ago I visited the Laser Institute to have something removed I thought would harm me for life, only to have it disappear after just a couple sessions of treatment.

by johnson99 on Oct 16th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Worst experience I ever had with any medical care. I came in to have one tiny spot on my face lasered, and left six months later with a one-inch 3rd degree burn scar on my face and red skin patches all over my neck. I learned the hard way: NEVER let anyon

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Don`t Even Think About It! show details Don`t Even Think About It!
by johnson99 at Citysearch on Oct 16th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Worst experience I ever had with any medical care. I came in to have one tiny spot on my face lasered, and left six months later with a one-inch 3rd degree burn scar on my face and red skin patches all over my neck. I learned the hard way NEVER let anyone near your face with a laser unless they are a licensed, qualified and very experienced medical doctor. Don`t let anyone tell you a nurse, nurse practitioner, trained technician, medical assistant, aesthetician or cosmetologist is qualified to do this safely! Not only do I not recommend them, I think laws are desperately needed to regulate these type of clinics for the safety of the consumer. Stay away! They will only vacuum your wallet andor your insurance company while endangering your health and safety.

by sbriffett on Oct 4th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I feel LUCKY to have found Ava Shamban & practice. Been 2 other derm docs b4. - not satisfied w/ them. Dr. S., the RN's and PA's always give me prompt courteous service. They even go out of their way to accomodate me when traffic makes me late. Dr. S ve

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Trusted dermatologist show details Trusted dermatologist
by sbriffett at Citysearch on Oct 4th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I feel LUCKY to have found Ava Shamban & practice. Been 2 other derm docs b4. - not satisfied w them. Dr. S., the RN`s and PA`s always give me prompt courteous service. They even go out of their way to accomodate me when traffic makes me late. Dr. S very skilled and artisitc w botox - not like other docs who jabbed away. Never feel pressured to try a new procedure or treatment - appreacite that! Gracious and professional staff. I feel confident there. Will return. Absolutely.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
The worst in town.... avoid at all costs... show details The worst in town.... avoid at all costs...
by rachelkap at Citysearch on Dec 5th, 2006 on citysearch.com

A disaster. Arrogant. Overpriced. Incompetent Assistants. Will burn your skin and your wallet. This town is full of competent dermatologists who care more about their patients than their television profiles. Run, don`t walk, in the opposite direction. This woman is BAD news. She doesn`t care about her patients, only her publicity. And the ATTITUDE. Unless you`re an A celebrity, don`t even try. And if you are, why bother. Arnie Klein on his worst day is better than this girl on her best.....

by rachelkap on Dec 5th, 2006 on citysearch.com

A disaster. Arrogant. Overpriced. Incompetent Assistants. Will burn your skin and your wallet. This town is full of competent dermatologists who care more about their patients than their television profiles. Run, don't walk, in the opposite directio

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
not good show details not good
by atqueamemus at Citysearch on Nov 22nd, 2005 on citysearch.com

though it has good ambiance and nice staff, it is apparently only good for special treatments, not for dermatologist visits. first, the staff told me by phone my appointment was on one day, and entered it into the computer on a different day, so i had to wait a long time. luckily, they could fit me in. unfortunately, the doctor prescribed me with expensive medications that made the condition worse. i had to go to another doctor and it was better within a few days. what a bad experience.

by atqueamemus on Nov 22nd, 2005 on citysearch.com