Dr. Avani Lakhani Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Avani Lakhani?

September 13th, 2016

After suffering for many years with my health deteriorating, I finally found Dr. Lakhani. What a blessing!!! She was listened closely to what I was experiencing and understood. She was very efficient, gentle and compassionate in all of her care. I haven't been this healthy and energetic in decades! I hope many others are able to experience what "health care" really means. Mahalo nui loa.

November 26th, 2015

She is not very accommodating outside of her clinic all the time & prefers an appointment.. I guess to make more money...

October 28th, 2015

I found Dr. Lakhani as I was researching OB/GYN doctors on Maui, her qualifications mentioned that she is the most experienced GYN surgeon on Maui. I made my appointment with her and was very pleased with the level of care. Dr. Lakhani is professional, competent, kind, and respectful. And so is her staff. What impressed me most was the way she listened to my concerns and then explained the details of my condition and the appropriate tests and treatments that would be best for me. I was also really happy that she confidently recommended the least invasive treatment option and that the whole in-office procedure was smooth and calm and painless. And another outstanding service from Dr. Lakhani is that she always hands me a copy of my lab reports in addition to a written summary of the appointment, no other doctor has ever shared copies of lab reports with me. That says a lot about her, she wants her patients to be well informed and empowered. I really trust Dr. Lakhani's decisions and skills and overall philosophy of healthcare.

April 16th, 2015

Very Lucky I Found Her

I was referred to Dr. Lakhani by several girlfriends who also are patients of her's, after a scary experience with Maui Memorial Hospital. She saw me immediately and I have been a patient of her's ever since. I ended up having to have surgery with her and she was so comforting, putting me at ease right before surgery and constantly making herself available to me during my recovery. She is very straight forward and honest (no sugar coating with her) , while still being compassionate. I would refer anyone of girlfriends to her without hesitation.

June 26th, 2013

Dr Lakhani

I would strongly recommend Dr Lakhani. She is thorough, personable, and very helpful with my experience. It's difficult to find an OBGYN who you feel you comfortable and trusting with, but I found I was able to do so with Dr Lakhani. Staff was very helpful and accommodating to me as well. I would recommend her to anyone looking for OBGYN care.

June 18th, 2013

Do not recommend

I do not recommend this doctor. Dr repeatedly recommended aggressive treatment without mentioning viable less invasive options offered by 2nd and 3rd opinions. I experienced tremendous difficulty with their accounting department, trying repeatedly to make a payment only to be told repeatedly not to pay yet as they were reviewing and appealing with the insurance company. After 5 months of countless attempts at getting a straight answer from a helpless staff received a certified letter stating they would no longer provide service due to nonpayment! Dr. would never return my calls.

June 22nd, 2011

Highly Recommend

I can't give Dr. Lakhani and her staff enough praise for creating a professional, knowledgeable, caring and friendly environment in their office.From the first phone call to the follow up email messages delivering test results (great electronic addition) my experience with Dr. Lakhani and her staff impressed me so much that I wanted to spread the word that if you are looking for an OB/GYN you definitely should see Dr. Lakhani.

April 7th, 2011

Cariing and knowledgeable

February 2nd, 2011

Do NOT recommend

Poor "bed-side manners"Difficult to talk toSeems closed off and distance and overall seemingly uncaring.

November 25th, 2009

Good Physician in General

In general, Dr. Lakhani is a good physician. My previous gyn MD was quite a bit older/more experienced and after she retired I was switched to Dr. Lakhani. A majority of my concerns regarding Dr. Lakhani are due to my limited number of visits with her, and the admittedly false sense of age=wisdom when it comes to doctors. As with anything/one else, I am sure my opinion(s) of her will change - hopefully for the better as I interact with her/her staff more.

October 28th, 2009