Dr. Avelino Pinon MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Miami, FL

3.2

March 22nd, 2017
I arrived on time for a confirmed appointment to be told by the Dr. Pinon himself at reception that I should have known to be there 15 minutes earlier. He actually asked me if I would arrive to the airport at the time of my scheduled flight. Even though I was on time for the previously confirmed scheduled time, with completed forms and lab results, he said he was not interested. That I would have to understand that with the patients he has now, he doesn't get home until after 7:00. The appointment was for 3:30. I left my job, having to have someone cover the care of my special needs students to get there on time. I believe however that he may have done me a favor, as I do not want this overly stressed out Dr. to oversee my health care. Take a deep breathe Doc!

March 17th, 2017
Hace aproximadamente 11 meses fui sometido a una cirugia con rayo laser[green light laser prostate surgery]por este doctor Avelino Pinon,a los dos dias de la cirugia fui a la clinica para que me retiraran el catete,retirado este la fluides de la orina sin control era enorme,al plantearle esta situacion al doctor Pinon su respuesta fue...apriete el pene y pongaselo hacia arriba gordo...desde aquel entonces sigo usando pampers sin poder controlar el flujo urinario....esta situacion me ha llevado a una depresion extraordinaria..hubiese preferido un disparo de shotgum por el pecho a este proseso aplicada por una persona irresponsable y falta de seriedad...

February 27th, 2017
Great Urologist
Dr Pinon removed my kidney due to cancer & he's followed up with me for years. Couldn't possible receive any better care than I've received with him.

January 6th, 2017
Find another Doctor
Doctor lacks compassion and does not feel the need to explain or answer any question you may bring up about your health condition.

October 7th, 2015
poor procedures
Egotistical doctor who appears to care less about patient treatment. He was loud, obnoxious and verbally abusive. Waited over an hour to see a doctor for 5 minutes. Have to schedule second appointment for ultrasound. How rediculous. My reason for for visit was kidney stones. I CAME FOR THE ULTASOUND. wHAT IDIOTS

October 7th, 2015
Dr pinon
Dr pinon lacks professionalism. Arrogant bully who insults his elderly patients. Wasted two hours of my time to be ask to cme back a latter date. This doctor is a true jerk

June 5th, 2015
Dr. Pinon Excellent , kind & skilled.
Dr Pinon, operated on me after a serious blunt trauma accident. I WAS ABLE TO FATHER 5 CHILDREN WHEN other qualified Urologists told my wife and I we would never be able to have our own. I AM WITH MY TWO GRANDCHILDREN AS I WRITE THIS !!!!. Dr Pinon is a EXCELLENT MEDICAL SPECIALIST, PROFESSIONAL UNDERSTANDING AND VERY CAPABLE. I AM GREATEFUL FOR HIS CARE AND COMPASSION, THANK YOU DR. PINON....

August 16th, 2012
Thorough and caring
Dr Pinon exhibited great care and patience explaining the issues and options to my father. Everyone in office very helpful/ and professionalHighly recommend - he is the doctor other doctors go to when they have an urology issue. That alone is a great recommendation

May 30th, 2012
I don't recommend Dr. Pinon
This doctor is rude to patients and his staff. He treats his patients as cattle and speeds through appointments. His method of answering questions is giving the patient a pamphlet and leaving the exam room. He just cares about how much he can bill. I don't recommend this Urologist to anyone. I left his office just in time to not have a rushed procedure with an annoyed doctor. He dosen't respect patients.

May 25th, 2012
Rude doctor and a staff that fears him
This doctor is unprofessional. He spoke poorly about his staff to me during our first visit. It should have warned me about his attitude. His staff was always confused and unprepared when I called with questions or to confirm my appointment for a procedure. He cancelled a procedure when I arrived at the appointment time. Then rudely told me that he had things to do and he dosen't know who or why I was scheduled as I was. Apparently the long weekend was more important than patient care! I left rather than being subjected to a angry and rude doctor with a scalpel. I do not recommend him to anyone. His staff even let me know of better urologists I could go to under their breath when I left.