Dr. Avi Bernstein MD Patient Reviews

3.3

September 13th, 2016
Stay away from this doctor
he talks on his website (there is a video link) about how compassionate he is with his patients and how important it is to listen to their concern and to understand them and "educate" them..Nothing further from the truth.. He is rude, he talks to you like you are crap, he tells you that you are not in pain , you have nothing and go home..wow.. now after my appt. I did indeed find out that he "works" for insurance companies and he basically tells patients what he is being told to tell.. shame on you doctor!

August 16th, 2016
First visit. No injury suspected, prescribed anti inflammatory pain should subside. No need to change anything I am doing. I will wait & see.

May 26th, 2016
Dr Work Comp !!!
DO NOT go in to his office alone!! Tells patient one thing to their face, then changes for work comp report. 13 minutes of exam and recommends injections and NO WORK, then tells work comp I am ready to go back to work. This doc is nothing more than work comp wh...e!!!

August 18th, 2015
Dr Bernstein has done multiple surgeries on me and now feel better than I have in years

December 17th, 2013
Dr. Bernstein is the best! His staff is wonderful too . Would not think of having any other doctor do any back surgery I might need in the future. He is an amazing surgeon and person. He truly cares and you know it , you feel it. The medical world needs more professional caring skilled doctors like Avi Bernstein!

November 30th, 2013
Honest and Concerned
Spine surgery is serious business, and I can tell that this Doc listened to me, took me seriously and solved my problem. It seems that the negative reviews are from people with compensation claims. Likely they have lawyers pushing them to slam him. When it comes to surgical skill and caring he is among the best.

November 28th, 2013
stay as far away as possible
Where do I start? 24yrs of expierance? for whom...The insurance companys! Im sorry but I believe in being truthful, He does not! I read reviews and felt I read enough to put my faith in him! BIG MISTAKE.. Im worse then I ever been and cannot move around as freely as I did before he opened me up! I believe most of thses positive reviews are written by him! or his staff! seeing while waiting in the waiting room for almost 2 hrs..I listened in on others, nothing better too do! most were sent there by the workmens comp ? not because he is sooo good like some will say? one poor man was told to go back to wrk all is good and he could hardly walk? I ask you Doc...how do you sleep at night? do you count the monies you recieve for fibbing that people are ok so they no longer recieve the care thay need? or do you think your God and being a so called surgeon which I feel you ruined me? HOW DO YOU SLEEP???

November 28th, 2013
Doctor Insurance you mean.
His waiting room is filled not because he's good " It's because most off those waiting are sent by workers comp and he works for insurance company's and not for you! Think twice before you let this so called spine surgeon cut into your body ! Due to him Im spending thanksgiving in bed" when he said oh gour fine? So sad the law allows Doctors like this to have a practice" But he must be paid well for being a lier!

November 22nd, 2013
find another doctor"hes insane
I wished I read his reviews before I saw him? They were right "He's a lier he works for insurance and not for you ! He's paid very well to reoort everything is fine when in fact I hurt 24/7 ? I find his 30 second reviews and that's all he spends with you' a Joke and to put Doctor before his name is an insult to real Doctors who take an oath to help their patients but this scammer all for money helps insurance companys and gets a good kick back to lie...so people please go eles where ! Look hes a spinal surgeon? Do you really want a man like this working on your body? Your worth more then money to your family ! And to him your a doller sign...he's a mad man. Those other reviews ? Im thinking they are false to out weigh whats really true "

November 21st, 2013
I Found this doctor to be rude, he did not take anytime to discuss my pain he spent less then a min.with me and as I asked him a question he was leaving the room? I thought perhaos he has another patient? Never came back.Im also waited over an hour to see him??sorry but don't waste your time or money seems unless he can operate he has no use for those of us who have to live with pain "I found another doctor who gave me the time of day.also I herd he's an insurance doc so that tells me he's a scam

November 19th, 2012
GREAT MD
He did two operarions on my lumbar region. He has a very busy practice because he is very good !

January 2nd, 2010
Already typed an extensive review of my experience, but this site lost it, so to sum it up....HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE WITH! DIAGNOSED AND TOLD HE COULD 'FIX' ME! AHHH, THE RELIEF TO HEAR THIS!!! He has fixed my friend, my sister, me, my mom, and hopefully me again (neck this time)! No one is better or more compassionate!