A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Avi Retter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Avi Retter is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Retter
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Retter Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Avi Retter, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
Education & Awards
Dr. Retter graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Retter has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
- Montefiore Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Avi S Retter MD is a male Hematologist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Avi S. Retter practice?
- Dr. Avi Retter has 3 office locations.
Dr. Avi Retter practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Bronx Hematologists and Bronx Oncologists.